lgg

quick question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

to get my resume ready in earnest and I was wondering -- all of my jobs and education are all Canadian based so, I was thinking that at the bottom of my resume of putting, "Fully accredited to work within the USA."

What do you think of that? I just think that when they look at my Canadian-centric based resume they'd wonder and thus, just slip to the bottom of the pile?

Thanks all.

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I'm in RI now, but I did put something at the bottom of my resume stating I'm fully legal to work in the USA. Can't recall the exact wording, but I would think that one should put something stating that ur legally able to work. They glance thru ur resume and say holy #######, another illegal CDN here,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't put anything like that on my resume, but I don't think it's a bad idea. You never know who will pick it up, like your experience and education, but toss you aside because they are unsure of your status and ability to work in the US. Immigration status is something that seems to confuse even the most educated and successful people.

I'd say put it in your cover letter but sometimes I don't think employers even bother reading that...

Timeline

Thanks guys! I know right, flames... another illigal Canadian! But i just figure with all the reasons to bypass someone, this would be a biggie. So in my C.V. I put a small addendum on the bottom saying that i am able to work in the US, no sponsorship required. Same with my cover letters. Then this way they're not, "oh damn, no idea what to do with this one, buh bye....

:)

Thanks again...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Good idea, I'm glad you brought this up! I'm also working on my resume. I never thought to add something like that, but you're right. Funny though, I had been wondering if I should put 'London, Ontario', or 'London, Canada', rather than just 'London, ON', in case they don't know what 'ON' means here. Is that bad? lol :innocent:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.