scrosso

Work in America

1 post in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am currently going through the DCF process, and have submitted the I-130, we are anticipating receiving an RFE at the end of July. However something has come up at work that could be an excellent opportunity in the long term.

The plan was once the visa came through (roughly we were thinking November / December) my current company would be able to offer me a position in their NY office. However things have changed slightly and they need someone sooner, and are looking at the possibility of using me on a temporary position on a UK contract but over in NY , until I can work permanently. Otherwise they will need to get someone else in jeopardizing my chance of employment at the end of the year / next year.

Can I travel to and work in the US whilst I am applying for DCF? (my company would arrange all temporary working permits in the short term or what ever is necessary), but I do not want this to be a problem for my DCF procedure - as I still need / want to go through this properly as this is my only option for a long term green card.

All help and answers as always are greatly received.

Thank you.

Our Story

Met in September 2006 through a mutual friend (S being the UK citizen) P studying over here at an American Uni (she is originally from NY)

Xmas 2006 S went to visit P's family (repeated very year since)

2007 moved in together

3rd January 2010 - S asked P to marry him in NY she said yes

8th May 2010 - married in London at Morden Park House

20th May - sent in I-130

22nd July - I-130 Approved

24th July - Packet 3 received

31st August - Medical

Moving out of our flat in London on 1st September, P returning to set up home in NY.

10th November 2010 - the plan will hopefully be for P to fly back to London and together take a transatlantic cruise together across to NY with visa in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.