47 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

Case: Mother in law bringing son from China (age 15) (more freeloaders living with me B-) )

On June 25, 2010, I received an e-mail from NVC stating that they have received all the information.

On June 26, 2010, NVC send out an e-mail Checklist Cover Letter requesting the household sponsor provide proof of relationship (of course I already e-mailed a copy of the a white package with that information on it already)

On June 27, 2010, I called NVC to see whats going on. NVC states the case is complete and pending appointment date and appointment will be made third week of July.

On July 1, 2010, I can still sign on to https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx.

Question, is my case really complete since i can still sign on? How long will I be waiting for an appointment date?

I read in some threads that after sign on fail, some have received their appointment date a couple of days later.

Everything has been going well up to this point, I am confused, an my in-laws are driving me NUTS.

Has anyone else received appointment dates in August for Guangzhou?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

how did you play at NVC ? Submit documents via

--postal/courier - NVC not set appointment at all

--Electronic Processing ? NVC sets this appointment.

I ask, because the answer is different, on each method, for 'when the interview is scheduled'

also - who is the petitioner, and exactly what category ?

Assumption - mother in law is us citizen, filed for son under age 21.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC calls them "beneficiary"

WE call them "loveones"

YOU call them freeloaders?

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

Timeline

Optin for the GZO and submitted electronically

Mother in law (MIL) - LPR not US Citizen.

MIL is the petitioner

Priority Date 9/7/07, visa bulletin up to July 08

Her son (age 15) is the beneficiary. F2A category.

And of course i am the household sponsor.

WIFE & 2 KIDS = Loved Ones

MIL & FIL = Freeloaders :whistle:

BIL = Burden

We all live in a 700 Sq Ft NYC mansion, and most people don't enjoy the company of their MIL's

Timeline

ah - ok - NVC EP - got it. I thought 'maybe' it was, as you referenced 'GZO' in the title, but I wasn't certain. Now I'm certain, as you've said so ;)

when NVC Human tells you NVC states the case is complete

then (for NVC EP cases bound to Guangzhou )

it's gonna be a 'fast' 7 days.

There's

'paperwork complete' then

'final review' then

'appointment date set'

usually within 7 days of 'paperwork complete' or 'case complete'

I project appointment date on or around 2nd week of August, 2010.

(I know a wee bit about NVC EP, btw - check my profile, find the wiki url )

All that stuff you sent out to NVC, for EP ? Originals must be in his hand, by interview day. All documents, all forms, everything hinged around the DS-230 and I-864. Pay particular attention to proving up 'mother-son' relationship, vis-a-vis 'special photobook' showing mother and child together over the years, and a VALID birth certificate, and hukuo book with English Translations (Hukuo book should show him and his parents listed for same address at least ONCE, or it's bogus ). Don't have 'that' set ? Expect DNA testing, later, after interview, add 2 to 15 months to processing time. So, tell MIL she's got some extra homework to do, tell her to get busy this weekend about it, and God Help You if she demands that YOU do it.

Good Luck !

FWIW, there's a couple more NYC couples with same type of mansions, PRC spouse. Maybe good thing to 'find them', start new REIT or housing co-op nearby, just to handle the overflow (or even to have a quiet place for YOUR romance )

------

Guangzhou GZO NVC EP Electronic Processing F2A

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

All that stuff you sent out to NVC, for EP ? Originals must be in his hand, by interview day. All documents, all forms, everything hinged around the DS-230 and I-864.

Already made two sets of originals, one sent to Toishan China already, and one set gong with her on a plane.

Pay particular attention to proving up 'mother-son' relationship, vis-a-vis 'special photobook' showing mother and child together over the years, and a VALID birth certificate, and hukuo book with English Translations (Hukuo book should show him and his parents listed for same address at least ONCE, or it's bogus ). Don't have 'that' set ?

What is hukuo book? is it that white book with the English translation and notary? Photos are being compiled right now from childhood till now.

Expect DNA testing, later, after interview, add 2 to 15 months to processing time.

Get outta here, there is a DNA test? I started looking for High Schools for him already.

So, tell MIL she's got some extra homework to do, tell her to get busy this weekend about it, and God Help You if she demands that YOU do it.

Like i said, they are a burden, I'm doing everything...........looks like i got a busy July 4 coming up.

Timeline

uh - yer PRC spouse knows what 'hukuo book' is. Ask her.

But - tell you anyway - is 'household registration book' - shows all relatives living at an address.

For SPOUSAL VISAS, this is never something to review -

but for children visas, based on Mother-Son relationship, with the MOTHER as petitioner, ya, sorry, is 'extra thing' to do.

Your Wife had a hukuo book, your MIL and FIL had a hukuo book, grandma has a hukuo book, and the BIL has a hukuo book (maybe... )

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Darnell,

Thanks for your help.

BTW, wife became a citizen before all the changes.........she had an easy one question interview and they gave let her naturalize. funny thing, appointment date was December 24, last person to interview. "who was the first president of the US?" with a chinese accent my wife says "georgy wassington". "Congratulation, you are now a US citizen......merry christmas, now please leave the building."

Edited by aerosnow

Timeline

Hey - that's a funny story !!!

wei - since yer getting close, please help us help you help us help you, with filling out the wonderful official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=87875 ????

Helps loads for other ppl trying to answer any questions for ya... always.

and who knows? Helps other ppl coming up behind you, with the same situation, gives them idea of what to expect...

Timeline

hukuo book - They all knew what is was and all have one.

It seems like forever waiting for the damn sign on to fail.

Still no interview date, but i aint really complaining too bad since flights to HK are about $1500 each person for early August.

Question in regards to the DNA testing. Is it guaranteed that there will be one or is it just when there is a questionable case that they request one? If it is requested, this is obviously done after the interview right?

Timeline

Darnell,

dont know if you still out there checking this thread. just spoke to a supervisor and they said they are no longer scheduling appointments for electronic processing. the interview date will be set by GuangZhou from now on.

was wondering how true that is. she confirmed that my case was completed on June 25, 2010, but GuangZhou will not schedule interviews until the third week of july.

hopefully they are full of ####### and that it truly is another queue for electronic processing.

thanks again for you help.

Timeline

July 7, 2010

Sign In Failed

* Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Things are progressing

Timeline

Darnell,

dont know if you still out there checking this thread. just spoke to a supervisor and they said they are no longer scheduling appointments for electronic processing. the interview date will be set by GuangZhou from now on.

was wondering how true that is. she confirmed that my case was completed on June 25, 2010, but GuangZhou will not schedule interviews until the third week of july.

hopefully they are full of ####### and that it truly is another queue for electronic processing.

thanks again for you help.

whoa - really ? that's news to me, but hey - news is news.

Could you do something on this? call back 3 times over these 2 days (thursday n friday) and verify about 'general NVC scheduling for GUZ-bound EP casefiles' ?

NVC-EP for GUZ/GZO always has it's own queue. Paper-filed cases, GUZ IV sets appointment. hmmmmmm. Maybe was just some stupidity from that NVC Human ? Is small domain space, up there, for 'knowledge on NVC-EP for GUZ'.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Question in regards to the DNA testing. Is it guaranteed that there will be one or is it just when there is a questionable case that they request one? If it is requested, this is obviously done after the interview right?

Only for questionable cases. IMO, that 'photo book' and hukuo book trumps most silliness.

Yup, only requested/done after interview.

Timeline

called back thursday, operator says they know nothing about another queue for EP.

Called back this morning, operator says same thing.

maybe the supervisor i spoke to was just a fluke?

generally my e-mails from NVC dont come in until after 5:00 PM EST, so hopefully I will get a interview date tonight.

i am anxious to ship my MIL back to china for a month and a half :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.