Lovebirds2009

question for couples...

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

At least we have an outlet and people who understand us as opposed to other people who don't get it at all. I hope the end of this is sooner rather than later for all of us. Best of luck to everyone with their respective time lines.

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I had to come back to India, since I was on H1-B and can't stay in USA, as my employer was not providing job and asking for tax money.

Wait, I'm confused, since you were originally here legally, couldn't have filed for some type of visa conversion since you have, what appears to be, either a US Citizen or a legal resident spouse and was cohabitating prior to your H1-B expiring?

I'm no lawyer, but I can't believe that would have violated the law since you were initially here legally.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by road417king

Relationship Timeline:

07/19/2003 - Met here in the US and just clicked

05/2004 through 08/2009 - many trips back and forth by both of us, phone calls, care packages, etc.

02/14/2008 - Engaged (she was here in the US for Valentines Day so I figured make it official :))

11/21/2009 - Married with a few friends and some family in attendence.

CR1 Timeline:

01/12/2010 - I-130 Packet Sent

<interviening stuff deleted as signature is finite in length>

08/30/2010 - Interview completed, visa granted.

08/31/2010 - Visa in hand!

09/07/2010 - Arriving Seattle.

09/17/2010 - Received SSN.

10/01/2010 - Received green card.

Removal of Conditions:

06/06/2012 - Mailed I-751

06/12/2012 - Got back I-751 as "too early"

06/13/2012 - Re-mailed I-751

06/18/2012 - NOA1

07/13/2012 - Biometrics Appointment letter received (scheduled for 08/06/2012)

08/06/2012 - Biometrics completed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Me and my husband got married on March 27th, 2010 and last saw each other on April 10th. It's been almost 3 months and I am all ready dying inside without him. I don't know the next time I will be able to go to Serbia because it might be better for me to stay here and work till he gets his visa (which we are starting in August :0). We will see what happens, who knows maybe i decide to buy a ticket and just stay over there from october till whenever he gets the visa for here. This is such an emotional process and I haven't even started it.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

It really is hard to be away for so long.Its been since may 2009 since i have been back to see my wife. I was hoping to get back there sooner but with the Visa changing from K3 to Cr1 it added some additional issues to deal with.

Yahoo Messenger has been our best friend We talk and see each other twice a day and share as much as we can. Just like normal couples we have good days and some bad ones. Mostly just missing each other.

We send Cards for almost every occasion and try to guess who's gets there faster...

Send text in middle of night so she knows I'm thinking about her

But most of all I miss my son. I almost cry when i see him kiss the monitor to kiss me good night...Yeah its hard to be so far away...But I find the Real love comes out of it all

Hopefully I will see her again in September this year finally for good

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

The time apart and the sad feelings and loneliness that go with it are things which you can't change. All you can do is try to find other things to occupy your mind and time to at least make it feel as though it goes by faster.

I do not mean to rub your face into our situation (together now), but I do promise that once you have gotten past this time, once you get through it and they are back in your arms, it does not seem so bad. It feels bad now, but it is not a trauma which will affect the rest of your life. It is merely a passing phase. Turn your attention to the happy times you will have soon, and let that carry you through.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At least we have an outlet and people who understand us as opposed to other people who don't get it at all. I hope the end of this is sooner rather than later for all of us. Best of luck to everyone with their respective time lines.

So true! I am thankful to have found y'all, going through the day-to-day struggles of not seeing my significant other, just as you are. Although my friends try to be understanding, I don't think they get how truly difficult all of this is! I haven't seen my husband since March...and probably won't see him again until September.

It's so frustrating to have all of my friends/family ask "When is he coming?, When will he be to the US?, etc." I always just reply "I'm not sure...paperwork takes forever!" I try to stay positive, but it's a daily struggle!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wait, I'm confused, since you were originally here legally, couldn't have filed for some type of visa conversion since you have, what appears to be, either a US Citizen or a legal resident spouse and was cohabitating prior to your H1-B expiring?

I'm no lawyer, but I can't believe that would have violated the law since you were initially here legally.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Mike

I hope you were right, and me too. I was thinking to convert my H1-B to student visa, but than I thought if it's 6 months, than I could survive, but it was crazy almost 1 year 9 months. I mean it's hard to pay for tution from own pocket, on the otherside I wanted to grab more IT related education, so I came to my country, as it's always cheapter and nicer in India.

Another thing, my wife was on PR status in 2009, She just became citizen in april 2010. So at that time if we have filed for my petition, than also USCIS or USA won't allow me to stay in USA with being petition filed. So the only choice I had to come back .

I know it sounds a little different than other stories, but believe me the decision that I made was also covering other circumstances relating to this issue at that harsh times.

K

Edited by kruz_patz

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Timeline

I know it sounds a little different than other stories, but believe me the decision that I made was also covering other circumstances relating to this issue at that harsh times.

K

Well, good luck then, I hope that it goes quickly for you!

Mike

Relationship Timeline:

07/19/2003 - Met here in the US and just clicked

05/2004 through 08/2009 - many trips back and forth by both of us, phone calls, care packages, etc.

02/14/2008 - Engaged (she was here in the US for Valentines Day so I figured make it official :))

11/21/2009 - Married with a few friends and some family in attendence.

CR1 Timeline:

01/12/2010 - I-130 Packet Sent

<interviening stuff deleted as signature is finite in length>

08/30/2010 - Interview completed, visa granted.

08/31/2010 - Visa in hand!

09/07/2010 - Arriving Seattle.

09/17/2010 - Received SSN.

10/01/2010 - Received green card.

Removal of Conditions:

06/06/2012 - Mailed I-751

06/12/2012 - Got back I-751 as "too early"

06/13/2012 - Re-mailed I-751

06/18/2012 - NOA1

07/13/2012 - Biometrics Appointment letter received (scheduled for 08/06/2012)

08/06/2012 - Biometrics completed.

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My fiance and I have been going through several tough weeks lately (tougher than usual), just missing each other like crazy and wishing we could be in each others' arms, but reading this thread makes us feel so sad and sorry for those who are married and are going through even more difficult times :(. It's not the same, but to those people, we would like to say that we understand your feelings somewhat! Hang in there, guys. This journey will end; like what Nik+Heather said, this is just a passing phase.

This always helps my fiance and I in our journey: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. We hope it will help you all, too. (F)

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, good luck then, I hope that it goes quickly for you!

Mike

Thanks a lot. I think I am the only one who have been in usa on legal visa, but still have to leave US and my lovely spouse, and that situation is weired for people to believe. But those who are on work visa, will know better that how hard it is to survive with H1-B and that too with private consulting agencies. Seriously they are blood suckers.

Hope people never have to go through this, or the economy would never go down such bad that one will have to survive without job.

Good luck guys to you all.

Edited by kruz_patz

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Filed: Timeline

I am glad to have found this site bc it makes me know that I am not alone in all of this. I have yet to meet my fiance due to money issues and childcare schedules. He is in Egypt and I am in the US. We met and we connected not instantly but it was like any other "normal" relationship. Getting to know the person, seeing how they are(via skype) seeing how my children react to him and how he is with them. We think that this time apart will make us closer also. I have had alot of people that tell me that our relationship wont work and that he is just using me for a visa to the us. I think that if he was using me he wouldnt care what I did or who I did it with. I trust him and believe in him. He can make me happy and mad and happy again. Waiting to go to Egypt is probably harder then childbirth bc with child birth the baby is there and wont leave you until they grow up. I dread going bc I know that I will have to come home without him. But then I would have spent actual time with and feel his face and kiss his lips. I cry sometimes when he is not online bc I miss talking to him. I wish that I could spend every holiday with him all day long but he has a life and I have one too. Reading everyone's stories made me cry bc so many of you are expecting babies and I can not even have one for my fiance. We are planning on doing surrogate with my sister carrying the baby for us. But we can not do that until he comes. We have not even started the filing process bc we want to file the cr1 instead of the fiance visa bc there is so much extra things that need to be filed and neither of us have the money or the time to fill those out and there is not a guarantee that it would be quicker. So I hope that everyone is with their loved ones soon. Im hoping to go in December, Inshaallah. Hugs and Kisses to everyone and I hope that everyone has a good day.

Liz

thank you all for sharing your stories. It is difficult. It does make me feel better to know that my wife and I aren't alone.

I-130 filed for IR-1 CR-1 Immigrant visa, Spouse residing overseas

dec ** 2007 first met

Feb 01 2010 married in Bali

July 30 2010 NOA 1

Aug 02 2010 $355fee Check cleared

Nov 03 2010 I-130 transferred to TSC

Feb 16 2011 NOA 2, I-130 approved

mar 5 2011 recieved case #

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have not seen my husband in person sense September 2009. Our first wedding anniversary is coming up August 7th and we are praying that God will let us be together soon. We finally have our interview coming up on July 15th but as you all know getting a Visa is not a sure thing.

Like most couples on VJ we met and fell in love online. He fell in love with me first and I was so surprised because I am older than him. I have been hurt so many times in relationships that I was afraid at first to trust his love. Each day he would come online and tell me how much he loved me and I would just look at him on the cam afraid to say anything. One day he surprised me again by putting his mother, father and sisters online. That was the day I decided to give him my trust. His parents invited me to come to Pakistan to visit and I decided to go. I thank God that I did. In Muslim Countries you are not supposed to show affection in public but when my husband first saw me he put his arms around me and held me tight. I was there with him for 1 month and they were very happy days and when he asked me to marry him I knew I had found the man of my dreams.

I came back to the USA for a few weeks then returned to Pakistan for our wedding. Again I was able to spend 1 month with him and it broke our hearts when I had to return to the USA.

Now our days are spent getting ready for the interview. Printing emails and phone bills. Me making him remember a hundred details about my life. It seems so silly that he has to know what my favorite color is but we know they can ask him anything and he'd better have an answer. What I like is when I'm trying to be the interviewer he'll say " I love you". That makes me feel so good and special.

Now I have to put my trust in God that my husband will pass the interview and end up with a Visa. Me, a person who has a problem with trust has learned to trust God during this long process. In the end my husband and I will be together even if it means I must move to Pakistan a Country I don't want to move to. I just want to be with my husband it doesn't matter where we live what matters is that we grow old together.

Timeline

it has been 8 months since i saw him.

it was really hard at first because we were together all the time for 2 years. so we talked on the phone and skype a lot. emailed a lot.

but over time i saw friends and went out more. then you get used to it.

now he is coming on monday and i am in freak out because i am not ready! hahah

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.