Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

K-1 Visa for Convicted Felons

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Mexico

Hello, I am very new to this board! My fiance recently got deported and we are wondering how to get him back into the states. We've been together for almost 6 years and have a beautiful 4 year old (next month) together. He is currently 24 and he has criminal charges back when he was 17 and was convicted as an adult and that was the only time he's ever gotten into trouble. He was put on probation for 5 years and finished within 4 because he paid everything off and was on good behavior. I know that is one of the main reasons why he got deported because of his background, but I was wondering what are all the process besides the k-1 visa to getting him back. How would I approach on getting a pardon for him to come back? And how long does it normally take? I hope you can answer some of these questions and concern I have because I might be pregnant with our 2nd baby! And yes, I am in the process of looking for an immigration lawyer, but it's very hard because I'm the only one working and paying the bills.

Oh I forgot to add.. I was born in the U.S. and so is my son, but my fiance has been in the states since he was 2 years old.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was he convicted for. Why did they deport him. Very important questions to give you a better answer.

"It is Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" - Some smart dude


K Visa Timeline


Visa Journey

3/20/2008: I-129F Sent

8/6/2008: Approval Notice

10/14/2008: VISA Approved!

10/24/2008: POE

--- AOS ---

4/14/2009 - Interview with USCIS... APPROVED! Day 92 since receipt of USCIS AOS

-- I-751 Waiver Application ---

1/18/2011 - I-751 Waiver Application mailing to cSC

3/23/2011 - I-751 Divorce Waiver Approved - 10 Year Card in the mail!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...