ollywarren1

Do i send documents along with forms to the embassy pre interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, any help would be massively appreciated on this matter. i am just about to send off the forms required to the embassy..............ds156, ds156k, ds157, ds230, iv 15............do i need to send documents such as birth certificates etc with them, or do i just take them in person to the interview?different websites got me confused so just wondering what all of you think! any help would be brilliant!cheers guys!

Since the requirements differ for each consulate, make sure to let VJ know which one you will be going to or try a search on the consulate's website for the papers you will need to submit before the interview.

Usually, you do not need to send anything in besides the 'forms'... i.e. no affidavit yet etc. but again, that's up to the consulate to decide what they want... always best to check on official .gov sites..

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, any help would be massively appreciated on this matter. i am just about to send off the forms required to the embassy..............ds156, ds156k, ds157, ds230, iv 15............do i need to send documents such as birth certificates etc with them, or do i just take them in person to the interview?different websites got me confused so just wondering what all of you think! any help would be brilliant!cheers guys!

For the embassy in London what ever you do don't send them your Birth Certificate, take it will you on the day of your interview.. That is why it has taken me so long to finally get approved, I sent my birth cert, his W2 and my police certificate.. They lost them all and I had to wait to get them again before attending the interview.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

yeah alright, saw you'll be in london -

barron is absolutely right, according to the london consulate requirements, do not send in any birth cert, affidavit, police rec, etc.

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

just follow each step as recommended and you will be fine

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

these will be the documents you need to bring to the interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys.

We've been lurking here throughout our application so thanks for the help so far!

Documents for the interview.

The info says to bring originals of all documents from the first package so does that mean that I need my Fiancees birth certificate?

I know that the document list HERE doesn't say anything about it specifically but we want to be sure.

Also the site has changed since I got my letter and the address they sent me (http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html) no longer works. Every time I try and find something it just seems to be in the wrong place or not relevant to our K1.

I hate this whole thing right now :(

I guess the correct URL you are looking for is http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html.

They kept on changing the FRA consulate website earlier this year - pretty aggravating isn't it...

As for the birth certificate... In my case, in Frankfurt, a copy of my fiance's BC was enough.

On the document list you mentioned it says that you can bring either the original or a certified copy...

But of course, I am not sure about all that... if in doubt, feel free to contact them through e-mail. They are pretty helpful.

All the best... it's really not half bad once you got that darn visa in your hands :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.