Sign in to follow this  
horntoad

Interview result

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We had everything and the first person that took some documents from my wife said our case was prepared very professional. Then seen that she had the K-3 and wanted to know why she came back to China for the CR-1 and if she was CCP. Later she went to see the VO they asked her what my name was, what my job was, are you CCP, looked at our pictures and then again about the K-3. He turned to another VO talked to him about my wifes K-3 visa then asked my wife again "Why do you come back to China for this CR-1?". Asked her for the DS-230 and here is the problem when they seen one of the hospitals she studied at was an army hospital he asked her if she was BenKe (in Chinese) in a rude manner and lost his patiences with my wife. Asked her for a detailed resume in Chinese and English, we of course did not prepare a resume so blue. My wife said he seemed concerned about her time in one collage (Huazhong Normal University Undergraduate Course) Education Management that we listed on the DS-230. On the blue slip he checked "221(g)" Lacking Documents/Further Processing and hand wrote at the bottom.

-New medical report

-Resume and list of any publications Detailed

Her medical report does not expire until July 5 so I'm not sure about this. I'm not sure what they want in the resume details or how it should be written and have no clue what BenKe is my wife can not explain this. She said the VO never smiled at her was never friendly short and to the point about everything. Anyway she was told after we get all this then she can mail it in. She was also told not to try to enter America again with her K-3 because her name is now in the system. ####### her K-3 is now no good?

Sad day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm confused too. Maybe you explained this somewhere else...

Why DID she return to China for a CR1? If she had a valid K3, why didn't she just return to the US and file for adjustment of status?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Horntoad - glad you got it sussed out.

The VO wants to see her CV, is USA resume format. That should be straightforward to prepare.

The 'new medical' is 'forward-looking' as, IMO (and apparently the VO's as well) there is no way she'll get done with the blue slip overcome process prior to July 5. It's good that he asked for it now, instead of getting dinged a 2nd time later.

Yup - the K-3 is 'dead' for her, now.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I'm confused too. Maybe you explained this somewhere else...

Why DID she return to China for a CR1? If she had a valid K3, why didn't she just return to the US and file for adjustment of status?

Many reasons but mostly the 3 month wait for AOS it's a long story.

Timeline

Horntoad - glad you got it sussed out.

The VO wants to see her CV, is USA resume format. That should be straightforward to prepare.

The 'new medical' is 'forward-looking' as, IMO (and apparently the VO's as well) there is no way she'll get done with the blue slip overcome process prior to July 5. It's good that he asked for it now, instead of getting dinged a 2nd time later.

Yup - the K-3 is 'dead' for her, now.

Good Luck !

Sorry Darnell I do not follow.

glad you got it sussed out.

The VO wants to see her CV, is USA resume format.

I understand about the medical now.

Thanks

Timeline

CV = curricula vitae. Is a standard format for that, usually used in Europe, Singapore and China. (Other places also, but I only know Europe, Singapore and China)

Is analogous to resume in USA. Formats are different, template is different, layout is different than a USA resume.

I assume she has some rough copy of a CV.

She can (or you can) transpose all into USA resume format.

My apologies for any confusion - I just assume you knew what CV was.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

CV = curricula vitae. Is a standard format for that, usually used in Europe, Singapore and China. (Other places also, but I only know Europe, Singapore and China)

Is analogous to resume in USA. Formats are different, template is different, layout is different than a USA resume.

Emphasis should be placed on the "detailed" terminology used in the request. This is not a general resume. Think of it more like a college transcript and detailed work resume combined.

You might start here. http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/curriculumvitae/f/cvresume.htm

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Darnell, CV is also used in the US. In academia, CVs are used exclusively, no resumes. CVs have a different format and usually only list information (work experience, teaching, skills, etc) pertinent to a particular profession.

Edited by gina_raluca

Timeline

Gina - Yay !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Hope the things will work out for you. Hope for the better!

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Timeline

Hold everything, My wife just told me today that the VO did not tell her that the K-3 was killed another person suggested this to her. So is my wife's K-3 really dead how can I find out for sure?

She was not issued a white it was a blue.

Edited by horntoad

Timeline

OK - for clarity :D

A VO did not tell her that her K-3 is invalidated -

so -

it's NOT invalidated.

Since it was said 'outside of the Consulate' - disregard it.

For more clarity - call DoS Hotline, get a human, inquire on K-3/K-4 visa status. If it's been invalidated, DoS Hotline will know that.

(# in my profile)

Leading Question: 'I'm calling to check the VISA STATUS on my wife's and step-daughter's visas - GUZ Case#s and VISA Registration #'s '

Then give the GUZ casefile # on the K-3/K-4, and the Registration # on each visa. Reg # is printed in the visa - I'm sure you have a copy of each one, right ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.