floridadave

I-134 Question, Real Estate

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for letting me know that. I will have to read the instructions for the I-864 more carefully. Anyway, it does seem I have the required income. So I won't be using any other assets unless forced to by the authorities. This is good information to know nonetheless. thanks.

You might want to have a 2nd set ready, in her hand, just in case.

'Forced to by the authorities' - without that 2nd set, IMO, could take up to 6 months extra. Forcing is painful. Not trying to scare ya, but GUZ IV is a hard place. No - I'm not saying 'better safe than sorry' - is easy thing, really, if you meet the income requirements.

W-2 income is easiest, always - so if you have any gov pension or disability, or disproportionate amount of non-taxable income - you'll need to be able to show the source and it must be continuous (for the future).

If you do go with the appraised value on the house, - you'll need an appraisal, from a licensed appraiser - and 'to generate that documentation' is never, ever, free.

is basic concept of having 2 I-134s ready, to hand over on interview day. Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You might want to have a 2nd set ready, in her hand, just in case.

'Forced to by the authorities' - without that 2nd set, IMO, could take up to 6 months extra. Forcing is painful. Not trying to scare ya, but GUZ IV is a hard place. No - I'm not saying 'better safe than sorry' - is easy thing, really, if you meet the income requirements.

W-2 income is easiest, always - so if you have any gov pension or disability, or disproportionate amount of non-taxable income - you'll need to be able to show the source and it must be continuous (for the future).

If you do go with the appraised value on the house, - you'll need an appraisal, from a licensed appraiser - and 'to generate that documentation' is never, ever, free.

is basic concept of having 2 I-134s ready, to hand over on interview day. Good Luck !

I now understand the poverty guidelines of $18,212 is required for a family of 2 which will apply to me and my future wife. I also now see that my govt. pension (which is permanent) of $25k+ meets this requirement. I have already requested my tax transcripts for the past 3 years and of course I still have my W-2's for the same period. I am a recent federal retiree so I have not yet had a full year of retirement income, but this I won't sweat because this income is steady and permanent until I die. The income will only increase in the future with COLA's. After the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) determined what my final pension amount is, they sent me a letter to notify me that I will receive $25k+ from them. I will attach a copy of this letter along with the tax transcripts to the I-134 before I mail it to my fiancee.

But now I wonder why you say that Guz IV is hard. Needless to this, this worries me. Is there a Guz I II & III that may be better? I am honest and straight about my answers on all forms. I have nothing to hide, and I try to research so I can provide the authorities the info they require. But now I'm worried about GUZ IV.

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

April 13, 2011: Married in China.
February 2, 2012: Interview 09:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!
March 2, 2012: POE JFK
March 17, 2012: Received SSN card.
April 5, 2012: 2-yr Green Card in hand

I-751 (ROC)

December 15, 2013: I-751 mailed to USCIS

June 9, 2014: ROC Approved per I-797C received 6-13-2014

June 17, 2014: New 10-yr Green Card in hand!

N-400
March 29, 2017:  N-400 mailed to USCIS
March 31, 2017: N-400 Received by USCIS per I-797C
April 27, 2017:  Biometrics completed
September 23, 2017:  Received I-797C for interview!

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

USCIS case status updated w/same message as email.

November 2, 2017:  Oath ceremony letter received scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017.

November 7, 2017:  Oath Ceremony, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization in hand!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I now understand the poverty guidelines of $18,212 is required for a family of 2 which will apply to me and my future wife. I also now see that my govt. pension (which is permanent) of $25k+ meets this requirement. I have already requested my tax transcripts for the past 3 years and of course I still have my W-2's for the same period. I am a recent federal retiree so I have not yet had a full year of retirement income, but this I won't sweat because this income is steady and permanent until I die. The income will only increase in the future with COLA's. After the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) determined what my final pension amount is, they sent me a letter to notify me that I will receive $25k+ from them. I will attach a copy of this letter along with the tax transcripts to the I-134 before I mail it to my fiancee.

But now I wonder why you say that Guz IV is hard. Needless to this, this worries me. Is there a Guz I II & III that may be better? I am honest and straight about my answers on all forms. I have nothing to hide, and I try to research so I can provide the authorities the info they require. But now I'm worried about GUZ IV.

IV = Immigrant Visa Unit. No way around them. They aren't particularly hard about finances but if they request something at the interview, it can take a long time to get an answer back from them once you submit it. The other hard part is that they sometimes won't let you hand over something they requested, even if you have it with you. It's best to get it right the first time. The good news is your plan will work just fine as described above, in my opinion. No need to list any assets.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Terribly sorry, I use acronymns too much, and it shows.

GUZ IV = US Embassy, Guangzhou, Immigration Visa Unit. GUZ is the Embassy Code for Guangzhou, as well.

re: GUZ IV being 'hard' - 9 times out of 10 - any requested evidence (submitted after interview day) is sent in via postal mail. That 1 in 10 time, is hand delivered via 'Call-In Letter', which may be given at the end of the interview. A Call-In Letter allows the visa applicant to enter the building on certain days of the week and times, and hand stuff over, in person.

Once evidence is at the GUZ IV unit, it can take an inordinate amount of time for it to get evaluated, as there's a queue already, for this re-evaluation. It's not just the evidence that was submitted, but is also a review of the totality of the case file.

Then some more time passes. IF GUZ IV kept the passport , and 'all is good', then the visa packet will be mailed out. IF the passport was not kept by GUZ IV, another call-in letter is generated, sent out, and yer fiance would have to show up at GUZ IV to drop off the passport, waiting again until the visa is printed and applied into the passport, and the visa packet mailed out.

This 'turn-around time' can vary from 2 weeks (rare) to 6 months (also rare) with 'stuff' flowing out to 18 months, even 2 years.

RARELY does GUZ IV allow for 'hand over the window'. It can happen, sure, but -

specifically for the I-134, IMO, is best to have 2 in hand, and give both to the document screener, and then let the Immigration Officer, decide, during the interview, which I-134 to use.

I think yer 'set' with the stuff you've already listed, without using additional assets. But do include all the evidence you've already listed, as it will be 'golden' in solidifying yer financial position. (Ya, I'm echoing what Push said )

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow I'm green! GUZ I, II, or III :rofl:

I'm learning. Thanks everyone.

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

April 13, 2011: Married in China.
February 2, 2012: Interview 09:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!
March 2, 2012: POE JFK
March 17, 2012: Received SSN card.
April 5, 2012: 2-yr Green Card in hand

I-751 (ROC)

December 15, 2013: I-751 mailed to USCIS

June 9, 2014: ROC Approved per I-797C received 6-13-2014

June 17, 2014: New 10-yr Green Card in hand!

N-400
March 29, 2017:  N-400 mailed to USCIS
March 31, 2017: N-400 Received by USCIS per I-797C
April 27, 2017:  Biometrics completed
September 23, 2017:  Received I-797C for interview!

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

USCIS case status updated w/same message as email.

November 2, 2017:  Oath ceremony letter received scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017.

November 7, 2017:  Oath Ceremony, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization in hand!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.