8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We are trying to get in contact with civil surgeons in our area just to fill out the form. So far, we have only been able to get in contact with 2. Well, 3 but one is no longer doing it.

First we called the closest one. They charge a minimum of $160. I already thought this was a lot.

Then we called Klamath Falls, Oregon and found out they charge $500! Are they kidding? Have you ever heard of anyone charging this much, without vaccinations???

Does anyone on here happen to come from the Southern Oregon area and know where the cheapest place is to go?

Timeline:

February 12, 2009 - K1 petition sent.

February 18, 2009 - Petition recieved at CSC.

February 24, 2009 - Received NOA1.

April 6, 2009 - Received NOA2!

April 24, 2009 - Packet 3 in the mail.

September 7, 2009 - Medical

September 16, 2009 - Interview date at London Embassy

Forgot to have letter of intent notarized, stalling time for a bit.

October 28, 2009 - Visa in his hands!!

March 19, 2010 - First time seeing each other since Oct. '08!!

May 9, 2010 - Married!

June, 2010 - Preparing AoS packet

June 23, 2010 - Sent off AoS and EAD!

June 25, 2010 - Package arrived in Chicago

July 2, 2010 - Check cashed

July 5, 2010 - NOA1 for both AoS and EAD

July 15, 2010 - Biometrics scheduled for August 6th

July 27, 2010 - RFE :(

August 6, 2010 - Biometrics in Portland, Oregon

Tumblr

Timeline

Wait a minute.

According to the guides on this here site, I had the impression we needed to get the I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon and signed.

If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Regardless of if you are exempt from a medical exam, you are still required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you.

But then I look on the forum and there is a FAQ and it says:

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Can someone please explain what the first one means, then?

Timeline:

May 9, 2010 - Married!

Tumblr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wait a minute.

According to the guides on this here site, I had the impression we needed to get the I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon and signed.

There is a pinned thread on this.

Long story short, if your vaccination record (DS-3025) has the box "vaccine history complete" then you shouldn't need an I-693.

If your record says "Vaccination history incomplete. May be eligible for blanket waiver" (or something like that) they you're better off getting the I-693.

THAT'S what the form means. I know some people who've followed this rule and had no issues, others have... so most people just send the I693 "just in case". Whether you chose to risk it without the I-693 is up to you. if you want to risk it just send a copy of the DS-3025 and worst case scenario is you get an RFE. if you don't, great, if you do, you'll need to get it done.

Be aware sometimes there are wrong RFE's sent asking for a WHOLE new medical but there doesn't seem to be as many of these lately.

Anyway it's up to you what you chose to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Does anyone on here happen to come from the Southern Oregon area and know where the cheapest place is to go?

One of the people in the June 2009 K-1 threads posted this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257785-civil-surgeon-fees-in-seattle-area/page__p__3956343__fromsearch__1entry3956343

He was in Seattle and plenty of people made suggestions for seattle and I believe even Southern Oregon. Good luck!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

There is a pinned thread on this.

Long story short, if your vaccination record (DS-3025) has the box "vaccine history complete" then you shouldn't need an I-693.

If your record says "Vaccination history incomplete. May be eligible for blanket waiver" (or something like that) they you're better off getting the I-693.

THAT'S what the form means. I know some people who've followed this rule and had no issues, others have... so most people just send the I693 "just in case". Whether you chose to risk it without the I-693 is up to you. if you want to risk it just send a copy of the DS-3025 and worst case scenario is you get an RFE. if you don't, great, if you do, you'll need to get it done.

Be aware sometimes there are wrong RFE's sent asking for a WHOLE new medical but there doesn't seem to be as many of these lately.

Anyway it's up to you what you chose to do.

He didn't get a copy of the DS-3025. What then?

Timeline:

May 9, 2010 - Married!

Tumblr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It says at the bottom of the DS-3025 that he is supposed to get a copy. Get someone to contact his doctor from the UK and get a copy sent to you. You NEED this or they (the I-693 people if you go that way) will make you get shots again. Expensive and unnecessary.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wait a minute.

What does the vaccination sheet that Knightbridge gave you have on it? If everything is complete then you do not need to pay a CS to fill out Part 5 of the I-693. We had the extra two shots my husband needed done at a clinic with my insurance for the $20 copay. If you still need shots I recommend the health department or a county health clinic. Then take the records to the CS and usually the assistant will fill out the forms and charge you less than $50.

Contact Knightsbridge and the UK GP to get any and all vaccination records.

Good luck!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I went to a civil surgeon in Oxnard, California, a town with a largely Hispanic population. My total came up to $540.00.

Welcome to America.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.