klr650

Rebutting the Notice Of Intent To Deny

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

OK, so our attorneys, Allan Lolly & Assoc, received a NOID last week and quickly called me, USC/petioner, and emailed a copy of the NOID which states basically; "USCIS has become aware of info that is detrimental to the benefit being sought. '89 filed k-1, '90 married, '00 divorced, (10 years married) '00 filed 2nd k-1, '01 married, '08 divorced, (7 years married) '09 filed third k-1 (may14 '09). the petioner has shown that his intentions in marrying these individuals from the same family are for the sole purpose of obtaining immigration benefits for them." I have received nothing from USCIS in the snailmail or email. so it took them 13 months to read what we'd told them up front!

Attorneys told me that not only do they (USCIS)think this K-1 is a fraud, but that my previous 2 K-1's were fraudulent also. I'm guilty until proven innocent? (I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?) Atty said I must gather any and all evidence I have from my past marriages such as; bank statements, house deeds, loan apps, p-tax statements, IRS tax filings, pix together, etc., ESPECIALLY evidence AFTER each received their greencards, to show we stayed together long after they could've split, (which we did) make 2 copies, and send fast to them so they can prepare our rebuttal. I cant remember when each got their greencards tho i know it was as soon as eligible. we have 26 days (?) from date of NOID to rebut proposed decision. also i had to write a history of all 3 ladies, how met, what happened, etc.. so i made all the copies of hundreds of papers, ($53), sent overnite air to office in Calif ($75) for their research dept to go over.

Now i wait for a call from them. But i don't exactly understand whats next. It should be easy for USCIS to see by our evidence that each one and I stayed together the whole time we were married, 10 and 7 years, respectively. Though our pix don't have dates embedded on them it should be easy for anyone with open eyes to see how we all aged as time/pix progressed. So, I guess, the attys will present this evidence to USCIS before the due date for the Denial. and then what? if we get really denied, then we'll appeal. but our evidence will be the same and i think its irrefutable proof that all these are not fraudulent, just wierd. any of you experts have any imput to help my confused mind? tom in montana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

oh, i forgot to add the NOID said "Immigration and Nationality Act, 8CFR 103.2 (b) (16) (i) opportunity to rebut. then 8CFR 204.2 (a) (1) (ii) evidence of the attempt at conspiracy must be contained in aliens file, then Section 204 © followed by what i wrote above.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

my wife is about to get her 10 year. should i divorce her and marry her sister to save the wait?

seriously, though, you and i both know that anyone marrying multiple family members to do an end run around immigration law would not wait 7-10 years. they would do it much more quickly. i understand that families in the east are different from families in the west in their views regarding marriage. my wife and her sister have agreed that if she dies i am to marry her sister post haste to be sure that i am taken care of. i already know her sister well and trust her, so it makes sense.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.