apriltd

Can someone tell me how long it would take to get an interview date

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I`m a newbie here. This is my current status:

- Family-based immigration: Brothers or Sisters of U.S. Citizens (Canada)

- Applicant Documents received by NVC: May 10, 2010.

- Missing document will be sent by Jun 06, 2010.

- Interview will take place at the US Consulate in Montreal, Canada.

Please tell me what will happen next? I travel on business for long periods quite often and I am planning on staying put from June to mid-August to wait for an interview. Is it possible to get an interview date within this period?

Thanks for your help!

Apriltd.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Once all documents have been received by the NVC and approved, then you will be in line for an interview in Montreal. Right now it is taking around 90 days from case complete at NVC to actual interview date.

Since you aren't sending your missing document until June 6th, I can't see you having an interview scheduled before September.

Timeline

Hi,

Once all documents have been received by the NVC and approved, then you will be in line for an interview in Montreal. Right now it is taking around 90 days from case complete at NVC to actual interview date.

Since you aren't sending your missing document until June 6th, I can't see you having an interview scheduled before September.

Thanks a lot, Trailmix, for the info. I may want to extend my stay until end of Sep 2010, hoping that I may get an interview date before going on another long trip.

Q1: Can I prepare in advance (vaccination, medical exam, etc.) so that it will speed up the interview process once all documents have been received and approved.

Q2: What would happen if an interview date is scheduled during the period while I`m out of the country and can`t change my flight to go back to CanadaÉ How long it may take if I make a request to change the interview dateÉ.

Apriltd.

Timeline

Trailmix maybe I misread this but I see him being a USC sibling which makes it a category F4 with a 10 year wait? Please correct me if I am wrong.

No, you didn't misread, there is indeed a 10 year wait.

At some point (at around 10 years :lol: ) they do become current and proceed through NVC etc.

April - I am assuming you have already waited the 9-10 years?

Timeline

You should make sure you have proof of all your vaccinations, info on what you need to prove, or have, for your age group can be found here.

You can't book the medical until you get your interview date/letter.

From what we have seen, if you request a change of date you will wait months for another date, you basically go to the back of the line.

Oh one other thing, you will need an expresspost envelope to take to the interview with you, I don't think it's stated in the interview letter, you need the biggest size they sell - 394 x 305 mm size (39.4 x 30.5 cm or 15.51 x 12.01 inches).

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

You should make sure you have proof of all your vaccinations, info on what you need to prove, or have, for your age group can be found here.

You can't book the medical until you get your interview date/letter.

From what we have seen, if you request a change of date you will wait months for another date, you basically go to the back of the line.

Oh one other thing, you will need an expresspost envelope to take to the interview with you, I don't think it's stated in the interview letter, you need the biggest size they sell - 394 x 305 mm size (39.4 x 30.5 cm or 15.51 x 12.01 inches).

Thanks so much for your helpful info. If possible, please provide any tips for pre-interview preparation and on-site interview experience.

Re: your other question. Yes, I have already waited the 9-10 year period.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.