MaghrebiMama

Should File or Should I Move There For A Year or Two?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I hope this finds everybody well. I have a question. After reading the reviews for the Moroccan Embassy/Counselate, I am a little concern, considering that most people are being denied. My question is should I file the K-1visa process or move there for a while.

Some people I have met that did the required were still rejcected for lack of evidence to show that it's a real relationship.

I am confused to know what exactly do they want you to show to convince them that it is a real relationship, and would it be necessary to move there to show that the relationship is for real.

Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Starting the process soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

I hope this finds everybody well. I have a question. After reading the reviews for the Moroccan Embassy/Counselate, I am a little concern, considering that most people are being denied. My question is should I file the K-1visa process or move there for a while.

Some people I have met that did the required were still rejcected for lack of evidence to show that it's a real relationship.

I am confused to know what exactly do they want you to show to convince them that it is a real relationship, and would it be necessary to move there to show that the relationship is for real.

Do some serious thinking before you move to Morocco. How long have you stayed here before? How did you react to the cultural differences? I've been here in Morocco for almost 4 months, and I can tell you for sure, things that didn't bother me when I stayed here for a month last year began to irk me after about the 2 month mark. It's small things we Americans are used to, such as high water pressure showers and our fancy kitchens.. It's also big things like having your independence and speaking the language. I don't know your background or situation, but if these things might be a concern for you, you should really think about it, because the stress can take it's toll on your relationship.

As far as how moving here can effect a petition, if you move here for 6 months+, you can file for Direct Consular Filing (that is if you get married and are able to secure Moroccan residency), and it may improve your chances of proving a bonafide relationship, but then you have to deal with the issue of proving that you have a stable home in America to return to, and you'll need a co sponsor to prove sufficient income. The domicile issue is not something that they take lightly (you can search for the word 'domicile' in the Canada regional forum for evidence of that), and telling them you're going to crash with family for a while isn't always a viable option.

It's not impossible to successfully interview at Casablanca. If you read through the reviews, you will see that those who are meticulously prepared have been successful there. That being said, I hope I am as meticulously prepared as they are, and in a month or two, I will be able to tell you how my moving to Morocco effected the outcome of our interview.

Good luck to you.. (F)

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

Moving to Morocco will in no way be convincing of a "real relationship".

Original username btw, sounds oddly familiar.....

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Moving to Morocco will in no way be convincing of a "real relationship".

Original username btw, sounds oddly familiar.....

Really? Because I thought that if you could show that you were willing to give up your life here for someone and (along with affidavits and pictures, recepits, etc. and all..) that it would make it look stronger to those tough people at Casa. So if an amercian being willing to give up absolutely everything for someone isn't even good enough, then what is? How do you show them? I feel like I could just cry reading that! My fiance was already denied at Consulate for K-1 and I am leaving for Morocco again in 2 days to get married. I had 700 pages of email and skype notes, affidavits from my friends and family and his, pictures of me with him and his family, receipts, boarding passes, entry stamps, everything I could think of and have read here about including. What is good enough for these people? :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Really? Because I thought that if you could show that you were willing to give up your life here for someone and (along with affidavits and pictures, recepits, etc. and all..) that it would make it look stronger to those tough people at Casa. So if an amercian being willing to give up absolutely everything for someone isn't even good enough, then what is? How do you show them? I feel like I could just cry reading that! My fiance was already denied at Consulate for K-1 and I am leaving for Morocco again in 2 days to get married. I had 700 pages of email and skype notes, affidavits from my friends and family and his, pictures of me with him and his family, receipts, boarding passes, entry stamps, everything I could think of and have read here about including. What is good enough for these people? :unsure:

Sister, to Casa, it's not that you're willing to give up everything to go live with your man...it's all about your man proving that his love and affection for you are genuine. If you've got red flags waving allover the place and yet you choose to turn a blind eye to them, you look like an idiot. The consulate will be looking at all factors. If your man's intentions seem dishonest then your moving to a MENA country is all for naught. Your MENA man has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he isn't in this relationship to take you for a ride all for a greencard. It is very, very difficult to do. Proof is one thing - everyone can have a ceremony, take pictures, shack up, and move across the world for love so to speak - but the onus is still on your fiance or husband to demonstrate that he is in this for the right reasons.

We have seen people who moved to another country for their husbands, apply for a CR1 and have been denied. It is always a crapshoot.

I don't know you, nor your situation, or if you have any red flags or not - I'm just trying to say that you need to evaluate your options, your relationship, and maybe even pray about this to decide if you should go live over there.

Good luck on your decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.