GJen

Where are you(beneficiary) from? | ¿De dónde eres?

Where are you(beneficiary) from? | ¿De dónde eres?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you(beneficiary) from? | ¿De dónde eres?

• Mexico
    • Central America
    • Venezuela, South America
    • South America (not Venezuela)
    • Carribean
    • Spain
    • Other (not listed above)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I would have liked to list out all Spanish speaking countries, but apparently there's a limit as to how many choices I can make.

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would have liked to list out all Spanish speaking countries, but apparently there's a limit as to how many choices I can make.

GJen,

How could you forget Colombia :blink: : ;) : :D

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Timeline

GJen,

How could you forget Colombia blink.gif : wink.gif : biggrin.gif

jaja.. I didn't forget Colombia. Colombia would be under "South America(not Venezuela)". I would have liked to have been able to list out all the countries, but it only allows for 12 choices, so I grouped it into specific areas. I singled out Venezuela because that's where G is from and it seems like there are very few active members from Venezuela so I was curious as to where everybody was from.

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

There's more to South America than Spanish speaking countries/territories. Brazil, French Guiana, Guyana, Sandwich Islands, Falkland Islands, and Suriname are still generally considered as "Latin America" (as least per the most recent US Census, which defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race") and none of them speak Spanish as their official language. Brazil's official language is Portuguese, French Guiana's is French, Guyana/ South Georgia/Sandwich Islands/Falkland Islands speak English, and Suriname is a Dutch speaking country. Granted, the English speaking ones are technically overseas territories and not sovereign countries...

Anyway, considering that Brazil is the largest country in South America -- in terms of land mass and population, Brazil by itself has as many people and as much land as the rest of the continent combined -- and is NOT Spanish speaking, it's kind of silly to lump it in as "other South America" while splitting out Venezuela.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Timeline

There's more to South America than Spanish speaking countries/territories. Brazil, French Guiana, Guyana, Sandwich Islands, Falkland Islands, and Suriname are still generally considered as "Latin America" (as least per the most recent US Census, which defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race") and none of them speak Spanish as their official language. Brazil's official language is Portuguese, French Guiana's is French, Guyana/ South Georgia/Sandwich Islands/Falkland Islands speak English, and Suriname is a Dutch speaking country. Granted, the English speaking ones are technically overseas territories and not sovereign countries...

Anyway, considering that Brazil is the largest country in South America -- in terms of land mass and population, Brazil by itself has as many people and as much land as the rest of the continent combined -- and is NOT Spanish speaking, it's kind of silly to lump it in as "other South America" while splitting out Venezuela.

Did you not read my previous post? I singled out Venezuela because my SO is from there. Also, I would have listed out each country where Spanish is spoken, but the poll limits choices to 12. Brazil would be under the "South America (not Venezuela)" catgeory. Any countries that did not fall under the categories I created would be "Other (not listed above)"

I don't need a geography lesson or to know what the "official languages" of each country is. This is not the Census. I'm just curious as to where people who happen to speak Spanish come from (even if it's not the "official" language of that country. I mostly created this because I see the Colombia thread is really active, but hardly anyone posts in the Gente de Venezuela thread.

Visajourney.png

Timeline

I'm from the beautiful and friendly Colombia kicking.gifluv.gif

I'd like to go there one day! I really wanted to enter Venezuela from Cucuta, Colombia, but my parents were nervous about me being a gringa and crossing the border crying.gif

Visajourney.png

Timeline

I'd like to go there one day! I really wanted to enter Venezuela from Cucuta, Colombia, but my parents were nervous about me being a gringa and crossing the border crying.gif

I crossed the border from Cucuta a few years ago, I was in San Cristobal, but you know what is the risk? :secret: Chavez

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline

I crossed the border from Cucuta a few years ago, I was in San Cristobal, but you know what is the risk? secret7vf.gif Chavez

That's where G is from. :)

I think my parents were more worried about me being kidnapped (a lot of similar stories had just come out right when I sprung my plans of crossing the border on them!) I didn't end up crossing it. I would like to go to Colombia one day, though. My suegra is from Colombia and she said Bogota is gorgeous!

Visajourney.png

Timeline

That's where G is from. :)

I think my parents were more worried about me being kidnapped (a lot of similar stories had just come out right when I sprung my plans of crossing the border on them!) I didn't end up crossing it. I would like to go to Colombia one day, though. My suegra is from Colombia and she said Bogota is gorgeous!

My family and friends were also worried about me being kidnapped in Colombia on my first trip. I was also worried from reading the US State Department travel warnings but from what I've seen Colombia is a beautiful country filled with nice and humble people. On my last two trips I've visited Barranquilla, Cartagena, and Santa Marta. My fiancee is a "Costeña" and showed me around :yes: .

I'm excited to go back and visit Bogotá and it also looks beautiful from the pictures I've seen.

Like with most countries in South America.. The biggest threat you will probably face is petty theft so try not to attract a lot of attention to yourself and remain vigilant.

It also helped to know someone there in my case my Fiancee because she was able to guide me around, made sure that people didn't take advantage of me because I was a gringo, and keep me out of dangerous areas.

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.