B&P

Lawyers?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks again also I didnt know about this site when we decided to file. So I went to what is said to be the best immigration firm in Orlando. So far they have been doing fine I just was not sure what route most people took. As far as the money for the lawyer goes its not important for us just as long as she makes it here!

Thanks again also I didnt know about this site when we decided to file. So I went to what is said to be the best immigration firm in Orlando. So far they have been doing fine I just was not sure what route most people took. As far as the money for the lawyer goes its not important for us just as long as she makes it here!

I recall one of our members once saying that he hired an attorney because, in his opinion, getting his wife here was the most important thing he had ever done and he felt the cost of an attorney was a small price to pay.

He was right vocal about it too! :lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If it is killing you to wait...you will die before it is over.

Attorneys CAN NOT speed the process and can only slow the process. There is no way they can complete forms faster than you can do the same thing yourself.

Unless you have been notified by USCIS that you have some sort of problem, an attorney is a waste of money and time. Even then, there is very little to nothing an attorney can do. Generally they pay a clerk $12 an hour to fill out forms on a computer, the same forms you can download here for free, with information and documents YOU provide. Then they call you back to sign it and stuff it in an envelope and mail it. After that it is in the service centers hands. The process time will depend on the backlog of work at the service center and nothing else. Your attorney cannot even call the service center, they do not even have incoming phone lines open to the public and certainly not to attorneys. If he says otherwise, he is a liar.

Read the pinned topic at the top of the K-1 forum regarding my interview with a director at the VSC, he addresses lawyers in that interview.

The ONLY people that can get through to the service centers are congressional representatives, each service center has a congressional liason that works only with congressional people. They wil not call unless something is out of the ordinary or outside normal processing times. Usually 6 months for a K-1.

Calling the 1-800 number is completely worthless for you or an attorney. That line is answered by contracted phone operators. You will never get a viable or worhtwhile information from that info line. USCIS does not do business by phone, they do not have a tracking system like Fedex, there is really very little you can do or information you can get. You will be notified if they need something and when you are approved. In your case, your attorney will be notified.

Before your interfview, you will realize the attorney was a waste of money. They do not go to the interview with your fiancee. Aks him NOW for a copy of everything he sent to USCIS, you need that.

i totally agree with Gary and Alla :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.