TomMyra

rescheduling biometrics

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My biometrics is scheduled on june 4.2010,at baltimore office, I will travel to the phil. before the date said. We send a request to reschedule it.Anybody who had experienced could please tell me how long it takes to get another schedule after the request?or is it possible to just walk in and do it earlier before my travel?meanwhile i got another one schedule which said the date is on june 7.2010, two schedule in a row which is confusing.We send the 1st request on the 1st schedule they sent us,do we have to send another request for the second one to reschedule?please somebody could share some information about this, will truly appreciated, thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

From what I have read so far, everyone's experience has varied. I recommend trying to visit your office during a time it is not busy, and asking politely if you can do an early bio. I am not sure calling will be fruitful, as I didn't read that anyone has has a good response calling them.

Do a search for "early bio" to see some more threads on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My biometrics is scheduled on june 4.2010,at baltimore office, I will travel to the phil. before the date said. We send a request to reschedule it.Anybody who had experienced could please tell me how long it takes to get another schedule after the request?or is it possible to just walk in and do it earlier before my travel?meanwhile i got another one schedule which said the date is on june 7.2010, two schedule in a row which is confusing.We send the 1st request on the 1st schedule they sent us,do we have to send another request for the second one to reschedule?please somebody could share some information about this, will truly appreciated, thank you.

Do you already have tickets for your flight? Make an infopass before you leave and they will take you. They are required to ask the reason why you can't wait for your assigned date so with tickets in hand, I don't see how anyone will say no when you clearly can't make it. I did an early walk-in bio last week 5-20 instead of waiting till 6-10 which was my date. I told them I will be in Texas for training and they said o.k. Be prepared to wait for hours if they are busy. They will be doing you a favor so just relax.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I have read so far, everyone's experience has varied. I recommend trying to visit your office during a time it is not busy, and asking politely if you can do an early bio. I am not sure calling will be fruitful, as I didn't read that anyone has has a good response calling them.

Do a search for "early bio" to see some more threads on this.

thanks a lot for this info i should really do that before i go cos i really worry about this too.God bless you..thanks again,,myra

Do you already have tickets for your flight? Make an infopass before you leave and they will take you. They are required to ask the reason why you can't wait for your assigned date so with tickets in hand, I don't see how anyone will say no when you clearly can't make it. I did an early walk-in bio last week 5-20 instead of waiting till 6-10 which was my date. I told them I will be in Texas for training and they said o.k. Be prepared to wait for hours if they are busy. They will be doing you a favor so just relax.

yes i do have already my ticket...thanks for the reply.myra

If they both have the same receipt number, and both are in your name? I've heard of this before where a person received two. The first was is technically canceled by the second. You can go for a walk-in but make sure you go early around the time they open, most probably they won't have a lot of customers and make sure your hands have no cuts or bruises... they will ask you to come back. Also - how long will you be out of the country? and do you have someone checking your mail for you? Make sure someone can do that and contact you if you receive any other mail from USCIS.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

meanwhile i got another one schedule which said the date is on june 7.2010, two schedule in a row which is confusing.We send the 1st request on the 1st schedule they sent us,do we have to send another request for the second one to reschedule?please somebody could share some information about this, will truly appreciated, thank you.

Here is the suggestion from other filer who got 2 bio letter

For all the VSC filers that are receiving a second biometrics letter for a later date, call USCIS and talk to an officer. I already called them and they say to ignore the second date and go to the biometrics on the first appointment date and take both letters with you to the appointment. There is a BIG Error and that is why some of us are getting second letters.

I strongly recommend that everytime something like this happens please call before you do anything.

Liz Leija

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.