topaz75

Proof of ongoing relationship. WVP countries

Proof of ongoing relationship. WV countries  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What did you show at the consulate interview as proof of ongoing relationship

• Phone Call histories (numbers and dates only)
    • Chat histories (dates only)
    • Chat logs (dates, chat content)
    • Email history (header info only)
    • Email history (full emails w. headers)
    • Snailmail (showed Letters, cards, etc)

5 posts in this topic

We are about a month away from our NOA2, so I am starting to prepare for the interview at the Frankfurt consulate.

I am wondering about the proof of an ongoing relationship, especially since I have read on here and in other places that they do not look too closely at this point if the beneficiary is from a Visa Waiver country (in my case, Germany).

I have logs that show my calls to my Fiancee via skype to her home phone number, they go back six months (eight months by the time of the interview). And I have about 550 emails in my Mailbox from her, spanning about 18 months.

Will that be enough? I am somewhat reluctant to show them more than that (i.e. printouts of full mails or letters), the actual content of many of those emails is pretty personal, the same applies to the letters and cards.

What did you show as proof? (see poll above). I`d appreciate if only people from Visa Waiver Program countries (especially Western Europe / Germany) answered the poll.

Thanks

Topaz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We are about a month away from our NOA2, so I am starting to prepare for the interview at the Frankfurt consulate.

I am wondering about the proof of an ongoing relationship, especially since I have read on here and in other places that they do not look too closely at this point if the beneficiary is from a Visa Waiver country (in my case, Germany).

I have logs that show my calls to my Fiancee via skype to her home phone number, they go back six months (eight months by the time of the interview). And I have about 550 emails in my Mailbox from her, spanning about 18 months.

Will that be enough? I am somewhat reluctant to show them more than that (i.e. printouts of full mails or letters), the actual content of many of those emails is pretty personal, the same applies to the letters and cards.

What did you show as proof? (see poll above). I`d appreciate if only people from Visa Waiver Program countries (especially Western Europe / Germany) answered the poll.

Thanks

Topaz

My husband brought a bunch of evidence that he didn't use at the interview. We had a whole booklet together with passport stamps, pictures, flight itineraries, letters, snail mail, chat logs...and they really didn't look at anything.. just asked him some basic questions and that was it....

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I visited Germany while we were waiting, so we used a copy of my ticket along with one or two pictures and a copy of a postcard.

I wouldn't go overboard with proof; I think they use it more when they suspect a fake marriage.

Good luck -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

None of my evidence was looked at but you do not have to show EVERY email/letter. Surely there was a letter or email or two that didn't have X rated content? You are permitted to black out personal information from emails, but I cannot confirm that this won't cause some issues if your case is deemed "on the fence" in terms of proof.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.