grambo112233

PLEASE HELP!!! Want to marry her but she is illegally here!!

63 posts in this topic

There are some restrictions on this. The alien must have entered the US legally, must not have intended to immigrate when they entered (presuming they used a non-immigrant visa or entry pass), and must not have broken any laws while in the US.

The highlighted portion of the quoted post does not preclude a successful adjustment of status for the immediate family member of a USC and cannot be used as a reason to deny the adjustment of status for the immediate family member of a USC.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi there its not hard to do I am in this process right now as are many of my friends who have gone through it. Here is a list of the things you need to do to make it right, get married, file form I130 thats you petition her to stay here do the same form for the child, she should do form I485 thats AOS I765 for her work permit her I130 for permission to travel if there is an emergency back home before here green card is ready, do the same I485 for the child, send all of these with the i864 one for each, the last three yers W2, marriage lincene both the application and the actual lincenese, form G325s for both of you two pp photo sign by both of you, your 1099 last 3 yrs or 1040 which ever you did, a copy of all 3 birth certificate, and the medical done by a civil surgeon for both her and the child and a job letter telling how long and how much your potential earning will be by year end. It might seem like a lot but its not the i485 for wife tik box 1 in parograph two. I did it all by myself along with my hubby and i have not gotten any request for evidence so for. do not worry about the affidavit if you do not meet it just get a cosponser and Fl is not that much for two people I think its between 27 and 31k. if you need anymore info just ask and Ill be happy to be of any assistance.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
her I131 for permission to travel if there is an emergency back home before here green card is ready

Terrible advice on the I-131 Advance Parole Document. They have already overstayed so leaving for any reason will trigger a ban! AP (Advance Parole) doesn't override Overstay bans...

smile.gifhello peeps,

Just tryin to make myself understand here about this OVERSTAYING stuff.

Alright, the 1st version, so when you come to this country and overstayed your visa for whatever the reason is but DID NOT leave the country, and later say you fell in love with an USC and got married, your OVERSTAYING status will be forgiven, right? (how easy)

The 2nd version, you come to this country, overstayed, and LEFT the country, either being deported or voluntarily, you will be banned for 3 years or 10 years depend on how long you were overstayed, in other words, not easyly FORGIVEN as the 1st version, gotta get thru harder way to be able to waive your overstaying status IF you ever wanted to come back.

But isnt the case the same ?? "O-V-E-R-S-T-A-Y" wacko.gif

Most people might not know about this but hey, say they know and they will just think : lets go to the states and ya know what? dont worry about overstay your visa,as long as we stay in the country, we could just find an USC, marry them and we'll be forgiven....headbonk.gif

OH MY!!! isnt that lame??whistling.gif

Just seems unfair to me though, well me just sayin.

Happy day everyone!!

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

very true summerstuff, some laws dont make sense, thats why we need some standard immigration overhaul to make things defined easier. Anyway looks like the guy who asked the question is not responding to all these useful comments.

NOA1 : Dec 23, 2009

NOA2 : Mar 18, 2010

NVC In: Mar 24, 2010

NVC Out: Mar 30, 2010

Cons In: Apr 7, 2010

Packet 4: Apr 9, 2010

Interview: May 4 (Approved)

Visa in Hand: May 7

POE: May 27

SSN: June 17 applied

Wedding: June 27

AOS/EAD/AP sent: Aug 18

NOA1: Aug 28

Biometrics: Nov 18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

smile.gifhello peeps,

Just tryin to make myself understand here about this OVERSTAYING stuff.

Alright, the 1st version, so when you come to this country and overstayed your visa for whatever the reason is but DID NOT leave the country, and later say you fell in love with an USC and got married, your OVERSTAYING status will be forgiven, right? (how easy)

The 2nd version, you come to this country, overstayed, and LEFT the country, either being deported or voluntarily, you will be banned for 3 years or 10 years depend on how long you were overstayed, in other words, not easyly FORGIVEN as the 1st version, gotta get thru harder way to be able to waive your overstaying status IF you ever wanted to come back.

But isnt the case the same ?? "O-V-E-R-S-T-A-Y" wacko.gif

Most people might not know about this but hey, say they know and they will just think : lets go to the states and ya know what? dont worry about overstay your visa,as long as we stay in the country, we could just find an USC, marry them and we'll be forgiven....headbonk.gif

OH MY!!! isnt that lame??whistling.gif

Just seems unfair to me though, well me just sayin.

Happy day everyone!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

this site is really helpful thank you guys for the cooperation.I can feel the unity here i really love it here......... about your case sir i know as long as you love each other you can overcome anything through prayers with Faith in God.Just do good and always pray be possitive ....Matthew 6:33

Hi. Glad I found this site. I have a quick question. I am a us born citizen. I am a 38 year old male, and I met a woman (28) from Brazil, about 10 months ago. We now live together. I do not want to go into particulars, but she came here on a tourist visa, with her 6 year old daughter, and never left. Our love is genuine, so I am not worried about fraud at all, we sleep in the same bed every night. We want to get married, but we do not have a lot of money, so I am trying to do this without a lawyer. However, I do not want to get her deported either. Does anyone know, what the procedure would be to file for whatever kind of visa I need so that she can stay, and we can get married. I would be devastated if she got sent back to Brazil. So I need to do this correctly. She cannot drive, or work and is scared to even go to the supermarket, because here in South Florida, the police stop people all the time to check immigration status. Whatever happened to our CONSTITUTION???????? Everyday they tear it up just a little more...

So if someone could explain to me how to go about filing paperwork, and what paperwork to file, I would be very grateful.

Signed:

grambo112233 (canthaveherdeported!)

Any posts would be very appreciated.

First I wish you all the best!! My friend married his wife she was he illegally for about seven months. They got married in everything worked out GREAT!! I say go for it... RUN get married now!!!

Cheryl

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi. Glad I found this site. I have a quick question. I am a us born citizen. I am a 38 year old male, and I met a woman (28) from Brazil, about 10 months ago. We now live together. I do not want to go into particulars, but she came here on a tourist visa, with her 6 year old daughter, and never left. Our love is genuine, so I am not worried about fraud at all, we sleep in the same bed every night. We want to get married, but we do not have a lot of money, so I am trying to do this without a lawyer. However, I do not want to get her deported either. Does anyone know, what the procedure would be to file for whatever kind of visa I need so that she can stay, and we can get married. I would be devastated if she got sent back to Brazil. So I need to do this correctly. She cannot drive, or work and is scared to even go to the supermarket, because here in South Florida, the police stop people all the time to check immigration status. Whatever happened to our CONSTITUTION???????? Everyday they tear it up just a little more...

So if someone could explain to me how to go about filing paperwork, and what paperwork to file, I would be very grateful.

Signed:

grambo112233 (canthaveherdeported!)

Any posts would be very appreciated.

She wasnt worried about the U S Constitution until now. That same Constitution created a country where you are given advise as to how to get around the laws of that same country to have what you want. Are the fingerprints on the tears yours?

You may get away with this if she didnt break anymore of those terrible Constitutional laws.

Filed: Timeline

Oh wow, this info is really interesting. I didn't realise you could get married in the US and actually stay there! Gotta love VJ :thumbs:

Best of luck OP :)

'Jaime and Melvin'---->>>>>

I APOLOGIZE IF THIS SEEMS FORWARD OR RUDE IN ANY WAY, I DONT MEAN IT TOO, BUT PERHAPS YOU SHOULD REFRAIN FROM GIVING ADVICE TO PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CORRECT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE ISSUE. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THIS CAN BE DONE, I JUST DID NOT KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO LOOK. THE BAN ONLY APPLIES IF YOU OVER STAY YOUR VISA, AND RETURN TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY, AND SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO DO THIS!!!

ANYWAY, THANKS FOR THE ATTEMPT AT GIVING CORRECT INFO.

(IF YOU CANT HELP SOMEONE, DONT PUT THEM DOWN--- author unknown....

Terrible advice on the I-131 Advance Parole Document. They have already overstayed so leaving for any reason will trigger a ban! AP (Advance Parole) doesn't override Overstay bans...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT TIP.... I KNOW THAT SHE WANTS TO GET HOME TO SEEE HER FAMILY REALLY BADLY, AND MAYBE WE WOULD HAVE FILED FOR THIS, AND THEN SHE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK,,, SO THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I AM GOING TO LOOK INTO ALL OF THIS PROCESS, AND GET STARTED WITH IT...

I AM CURIOUS ABOUT ONE THING.. MAYBE YOU KNOW? DO I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, THAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE YOUR TAXES/W-2/1099, ETC. FORMS IN ORDER TO START THE FILING FOR HER TO STAY HERE WITH ME WHEN WE ARE MARRIED?? I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS, BUT I AM HEARING THAT I NEED TO HAVE MADE A CERTAIN AMOUNT IN THE THREE YEARS PRIOR TO THIS YEAR, AND I THINK I ONLY MADE 10,000 YR 3, 32,000 YR 2, AND WAS COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT (AND FULLTIME UNDERGRAD STUDENT) FOR LAST YEAR AND MADE ABOUT 15,000 IN UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. SO I AM REALLY WORRIED THAT I MAY NOT QUALIFY, BECAUSE I DID NOT MAKE ENOUGH???? AND SHE OBVIOUSLY HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL, SHE HAS BEEN HERE A YEAR AND ONE MONTH, SO SHE COULDNT WORK BECAUSE ALL SHE HAS IS WHAT IS CALLED AN "IT" NUMBER, WHICH IS SIMILAR TO A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, AND SHE GOT THAT TO BE ABLE TO GET A FLORIDA DRIVERS LICENSE, WHICH IS NOW SUSPENDED AND EXPIRED ANYWAY.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE INCOME ISSUES???

Sounds like you will be just fine by getting married ASAP, and then filing for AOS. Hope it works out!!

Do not throw the constitution into it though, I mean no where does it say in the constitution that we can break the law. Just work the process and you should be fine, try not to stress, cause it really is not as bad as it seems. We just got our I130 approved with no problems and I was thinking forever about how we will be denied. So no worries, it will get done if you just work through the process!!

Scott<><

She wasnt worried about the U S Constitution until now. That same Constitution created a country where you are given advise as to how to get around the laws of that same country to have what you want. Are the fingerprints on the tears yours?

You may get away with this if she didnt break anymore of those terrible Constitutional laws.

THE STATEMENT ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTION WAS WRITTEN BY MYSELF, A BORN CITIZEN OF THE USA, AND ALSO A VETERAN OF THE GULF WAR, AND PRIOR MILITARY SERVICE. I WAS MERELY STATING THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS CUT OUR CONSTITUTION TO PIECES. I AGREE, SHE IS WRONG FOR STAYING LESS THAN A YEAR PAST THE DATE SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE, HOWEVER, SHE IS A CHRISTIAN, GOES TO CHURCH FAITHFULLY, AND DOES NOT BOTHER ANY ONE. ITS NOT LIKE SHE IS A FELON, OR ROBS PEOPLE TO SUPPORT HERSELF. I WAS AMAZED THAT SHE IS EVEN PAYING THE 465.00 SHE OWES TO THE IRS, FOR HER IT NUMBER THAT SHE FILED FOR TO GET HER STATE DRIVERS LICENSE, WHICH BY THE WAY IS EXPIRED AND SUSPENDED NOW ANYWAY!!!! AND STILL SHE SENDS MONEY IN TO THE IRS...

SO TAKE YOUR OWN INVENTORY, BEFORE YOU TAKE OTHERS. SHE HAS NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT OUR COUNTRY. I MERELY DO NOT AGREE WITH POLICE/SHERIFF OFFICERS THAT FEEL THEY CAN STOP ANYONE FOR NO PROBABLE CAUSE, JUST AN ACCENT OR SKIN COLOR, TO ASK FOR A GREEN CARD???? I SUPPOSE YOU AGREE WITH THIS COMMUNIST/MILITANT OUTLOOK?????????? IF SO, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR A COMMUNIST COUNTRY TO LIVE IN....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

THE STATEMENT ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTION WAS WRITTEN BY MYSELF, A BORN CITIZEN OF THE USA, AND ALSO A VETERAN OF THE GULF WAR, AND PRIOR MILITARY SERVICE. I WAS MERELY STATING THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS CUT OUR CONSTITUTION TO PIECES. I AGREE, SHE IS WRONG FOR STAYING LESS THAN A YEAR PAST THE DATE SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE, HOWEVER, SHE IS A CHRISTIAN, GOES TO CHURCH FAITHFULLY, AND DOES NOT BOTHER ANY ONE. ITS NOT LIKE SHE IS A FELON, OR ROBS PEOPLE TO SUPPORT HERSELF. I WAS AMAZED THAT SHE IS EVEN PAYING THE 465.00 SHE OWES TO THE IRS, FOR HER IT NUMBER THAT SHE FILED FOR TO GET HER STATE DRIVERS LICENSE, WHICH BY THE WAY IS EXPIRED AND SUSPENDED NOW ANYWAY!!!! AND STILL SHE SENDS MONEY IN TO THE IRS...

SO TAKE YOUR OWN INVENTORY, BEFORE YOU TAKE OTHERS. SHE HAS NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT OUR COUNTRY. I MERELY DO NOT AGREE WITH POLICE/SHERIFF OFFICERS THAT FEEL THEY CAN STOP ANYONE FOR NO PROBABLE CAUSE, JUST AN ACCENT OR SKIN COLOR, TO ASK FOR A GREEN CARD???? I SUPPOSE YOU AGREE WITH THIS COMMUNIST/MILITANT OUTLOOK?????????? IF SO, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR A COMMUNIST COUNTRY TO LIVE IN....

Your military service doesnt have anything to do with immigration law. Why did you serve the country if you hate it so much? Neither does her christian beliefs or how many times she went to church. Her religion must not bother her when it comes to the law.

She isnt bothering anyone I am sure but you both know she is breaking the law. Thats why you asked for help. You want to know how to circumvent the law. Then you want to make a statement about how the constitution is torn apart.

For example she must have a social security numnber if she is going to pay taxes. She also isnt allowed to work as a tourist. These things may come back to haunt you as you go forward.

Dont attempt to lecture me or send me to a different country when you are so ignorant of the one we live in & its laws. The police can only stop people that they have reason to believe have broken a law. Identity theft for example. People working with a fake social security number for example. If these people are here legaly they have no problem. Its the illegals that are worried & they should be. It doesnt have anything to do with skin color or accents.

If you believe in what you say dont look for a way around the laws. Abide by them or move to Brazil. When you contact USCIS tell them you think its a communist run agency.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Or breaking the speed limit or drink driving, I agree absolutely terrible. Somebody should do something about it.

I wonder why she owes the IRS money, working illegally?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.