MeggyMo

Woking medical appointment Van

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am super happy today I faxed my checklist to Vancouver an hour ago and I already have my date! June 17th at 1PM. So I instantly went to the Woking medical website and filled in that little online form. I made the appointment for the day before my interview which is the Wednesday. It said they would contact me within 48hours. To all the Vancouver peeps out there I was just wondering if this went as smoothly as it seemed to go? Like that is all I have to do to get a medical appointment there? Seems too good to be true.

Thanks for your input :dance:

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Its very easy :) Plan on being at both places for several hours, and for the love of god bring everything that is on the checklist for the medical. I forgot the photocopy of my passport and had my head bitten off :P Both places are pretty close to each other, and Vancouver is beautiful :) have fun! :)

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

Its very easy :) Plan on being at both places for several hours, and for the love of god bring everything that is on the checklist for the medical. I forgot the photocopy of my passport and had my head bitten off :P Both places are pretty close to each other, and Vancouver is beautiful :) have fun! :)

Ok so all you did was just fill out that online form on their website? How did they contact you? By email? Was it fairly quickly after you gave them your date? It just seems like I should be doing more haha.

Oh don't worry I have every single thing on there I have triple checked about a zillion times.

Did they still do your medical without the passport copy?

I am very excited to see Vancouver. I have never been there before so it should be an adventure! I am so happy that this is almost done. I hope everything goes off without a hitch!

Yes they contacted me by email, and I think it was a few days after I filled out the form. Yes they still did my medical, after a loud annoyed sigh from the receptionist and her chewing me out for not reading properly. I think that if that's all I forgot, then I was doing pretty good :P

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

Oh that is awesome! Ok great I can calm down a little bit now it has just been an exciting day!

I will just sit by my computer now and wait for the email.

Oh jeeze hahah something like that seems so minuscule that you wouldn't think it would be a big problem haha. Well at least they let you squeak by without it. It was for sure worth the talkin too lol

Yes they contacted me by email, and I think it was a few days after I filled out the form. Yes they still did my medical, after a loud annoyed sigh from the receptionist and her chewing me out for not reading properly. I think that if that's all I forgot, then I was doing pretty good :P

awww sorry you got heavy sighed at...

When I was there doing my medical, someone else didn't bring a copy and they too, got chewed out! I think they had their passport and had it photocopied there, but they weren't happy about it..my advice...copy it!!!

Also..check your surroundings well, as to where you are staying, and where the medical and consulate is. That way you'll know how long it will take you to get there. For the medical, you will want to be at the office at least by 5:45 a.m. They will ask everyone to line up in order of when they arrived. And don't go too early at the consulate but probably by about ten to one should be ok. I was last, and there was only 3 of us that day, so I was interviewed last...I hope you have a beautiful day. It poured with rain on the Wednesday I was there...lol And that was in June of last year.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

awww sorry you got heavy sighed at...

When I was there doing my medical, someone else didn't bring a copy and they too, got chewed out! I think they had their passport and had it photocopied there, but they weren't happy about it..my advice...copy it!!!

Also..check your surroundings well, as to where you are staying, and where the medical and consulate is. That way you'll know how long it will take you to get there. For the medical, you will want to be at the office at least by 5:45 a.m. They will ask everyone to line up in order of when they arrived. And don't go too early at the consulate but probably by about ten to one should be ok. I was last, and there was only 3 of us that day, so I was interviewed last...I hope you have a beautiful day. It poured with rain on the Wednesday I was there...lol And that was in June of last year.

I already got my copies of my passport bio page so I am glad I did that! I didn't even think that would be abig deal but I guess it helps being over prepared!

Yup I am planning on going Tuesday so I will have the day to explore and go to both places and see how long it takes me to get there. I am glad I won't be having both my medical and interview on the same day ( that was my initial plan) I am going to be stressed out enough!

Oh thank you so much I am fighting with my emotions of being super excited and nervous as hell!

I hope it all goes smoothly for us.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So COOOOOL MeggyMo your goin!!!!!!

12-14-2009 I-129F Petition sent

12-21-2009 Petition received CSC

12-24-2009 NOA1

12-28-2009 "touched"

12-30-2009 Check cashed

04-20-2010 NOA2 approved!

04-24-2010 NOA2 received hard copy

04-26-2010 NVC received petition

04-28-2010 NVC sent case to Montreal consulate?

05-07-2010 Montreal transferred case to Vancouver consulate!

05-18-2010 Vancouver received case and sent out Packet 3

05-21-2010 Received Packet 3 letter from Vancouver consulate

05-25-2010 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver consulate

05-31-2010 Received Packet 4 Vancouver consulate interview letter

06-09-2010 Medical exam appointment

06-23-2010 Vancouver consulate interview

08-24-2010 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

08-31-2010 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

09-30-2010 Appointment for Biometrics

12-06-2010 AOS Appointment in Sacramento

12-10-2010 AOS Approved!

12-20-2010 Recieved Green Card

• 7 months later...
Filed: Timeline

The Woking Website has a list of items you must bring to your appointment.

The copy of the passport is the second item on the list. It says 'your blood test cannot be completed without this".

Later, when you fill out the application to request an appointment you have to confirm "I confirm I will bring all items in Step 1" which of course includes the photocopy of your passport.

The reason it is so important is that there is a time limit over at the blood lab for Woking patients (Visa applicants). When people show up at Woking without the right documents, it means it slows down people going to the blood lab. This jeopardizes the chances of the last few people getting their results the same day (missing the cutoff). So by not having the right doc's you hurt other peoples chances behind you.

That is why they are SO clear on the website to make sure you have the right things.

Basically your lack of preparation could hurt someone else.

I don't think your lack of preparation should be reflected on the receptionist. When I was there they were really patient even with the people who were not properly prepared.

So COOOOOL MeggyMo your goin!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.