ceziepie

Form I-134 Problem

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a few questions regarding Form I-134 that I hope you could help me with.

My fiance sent me the form along with his W2's, letter of employment, and letter from the bank. But there was one problem with Form I-134. Instead of checking the "I intend" he ticked "I do not intend" on question #11 regarding financial support.

We both did not understand the question and since it stated "specific contributions" he thought it was best to tick the "do not intend" box. But of course, he's going to be paying for everything. Is that going to cause any problem with the consulate?

Also, do we have to print it in one paper back to back? Can he just scan it with his signature and email it to me? My interview is on Monday and we don't have enough time to have it shipped.

I'm really hoping you can help me. Thank you very much!

Both ways work. I checked "Do Not Intend" and wrote in N/A (K-1 visa process for permanent residence)

We had no problems!

As far as scanning and emailing it - what about the supporting documents, Letter of Employment, Tax Records, Pat Stubs, Bank Statements etc...

Have him scan and send this all to you and then take and send it to you also. If you get an RFE it will be on its way to submit with the RFE. Make sure he sends everything including the supporting evidence.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

My fiance sent me the form along with his W2's, letter of employment, and letter from the bank. But there was one problem with Form I-134. Instead of checking the "I intend" he ticked "I do not intend" on question #11 regarding financial support.

We both did not understand the question and since it stated "specific contributions" he thought it was best to tick the "do not intend" box. But of course, he's going to be paying for everything. Is that going to cause any problem with the consulate?

Also, do we have to print it in one paper back to back? Can he just scan it with his signature and email it to me? My interview is on Monday and we don't have enough time to have it shipped.

He should have checked I intend onquestion #11.I checked I intend on mine.You will also need his tax return from last year.You don't have to print the I-134 omn a single sheet of paper back to back.I printed mine on two sheets of paper and my fiance didn't have any problem with it at her interview.They will only accept an original I-134 Affidavit of Support with your fiance's signature on it.They won't accept a copy of it.He will have to send it to you by Fedex or DHL to get it to you quickly.If you take a copy of your fiance's I-134 to your interview you will get denied because they won't accept it.It has to be an original I-134.My fiance got approved and received her visa and went to the CFO yesterday and got the sticker in her passport.Her interview was on May 7 and she received her visa on May 15 and got the sticker in her passport yesterday.I can't wait until she get's here.I'm also paying for everything too.

Both ways work. I checked "Do Not Intend" and wrote in N/A (K-1 visa process for permanent residence)

This ended up working for us as well!

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had no problems!

As far as scanning and emailing it - what about the supporting documents, Letter of Employment, Tax Records, Pat Stubs, Bank Statements etc...

Have him scan and send this all to you and then take and send it to you also. If you get an RFE it will be on its way to submit with the RFE. Make sure he sends everything including the supporting evidence.

He has already sent me the other supporting documents so no problem there. So you're saying that a scanned I-134 is fine? People have been saying that the consul will look for the original. But we no longer have time to ship another form. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There were some instances when it became an issue to some. He should have checked the I intend box just to make sure everything will be fine cuz sometimes, it still depends on the CO.

Also, have him send you his tax return from last year. They asked for it even when I already showed the W2 of my fiance for the last 3 years. A scanned copy is fine. I submitted it 2 days after my interview then got approved the next day.

Good luck!

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline

I had the same situation before. It would be best if he gonna send another form and ticked intend cuz we had a bit of a problem during the interview because of the question number 11. I had to go back submit new I-134 because the CO question that part and he said he can't issue the visa on that day because of that. You need the original forms and signature i think.

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Isn't question #11 only for tourist visa? I thought K1 should tick "do not intend".

confused.

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-05-06

NVC Received : 2010-05-12

NVC Left : 2010-05-14

Consulate Received : 2010-05-19

Packet 3 Received : 2010-05-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-24

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Interview Date : 2010-07-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-07-13

US Entry : 2010-09-15

Timeline

moving from K-1 forum

US Embassy and Consulate DiscussionYou are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am in a total panic!!!! My interview is in London on Tuesday and I was just checking through my paperwork again to ensure I have everything ready. I have only just seen on this forum that the I-134 has to be original and I only have a scanned copy from my fiance. I don't see how he will be able to get it to me in time now as I have to set off Monday lunchtime (I live a long way from London). Is it a given that I will get denied? If so, what happens - can I suppply the original afterwards or do I have to start the process again? This whole process is so stressful and incredibly complicated - it seems like you're destined to get things wrong :((.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am in a total panic!!!! My interview is in London on Tuesday and I was just checking through my paperwork again to ensure I have everything ready. I have only just seen on this forum that the I-134 has to be original and I only have a scanned copy from my fiance. I don't see how he will be able to get it to me in time now as I have to set off Monday lunchtime (I live a long way from London). Is it a given that I will get denied? If so, what happens - can I suppply the original afterwards or do I have to start the process again? This whole process is so stressful and incredibly complicated - it seems like you're destined to get things wrong :((.

my fiance sent me that form scanned, the form is digitally signed (of course I had my doubts if it would work or not) anyway, I submitted it and had no problems with the consul. May you have a chance to do it this way.

Example of the signature ( the name has been replaced :P ):

post-74067-001585400 1277491178_thumb.jpg

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

my fiance sent me that form scanned, the form is digitally signed (of course I had my doubts if it would work or not) anyway, I submitted it and had no problems with the consul. May you have a chance to do it this way.

Example of the signature ( the name has been replaced :P ):

Is there anything special needed for a digital signature to be valid? I've seen this option before in my software (PDF) but never used it. I already send PDFs of everything to my finacee but mainly for her information as they are only scans of originals or unsigned forms. It would make my life 1000x easier if I could digitally sign any or all of the forms that I need to send to Colombia.

Thanks

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Not to worry. You will not get denied. The worst that could happen is the consul officer would approve your visa on the condition that you submit an original I-134. Once you submit it, they will send you your visa.

My then-fiancée passed her interview but was issued a 221g (white slip). The white slip required her to submit an original page three of my I-129 because I overlooked ticking one of the boxes. After she submitted it, she had her visa in four business days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.