kate321

reason to believe fraud

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Andorra
Timeline

i have reason to believe that someone is committing visa fraud -- they applied for a B1/B2 visa to return to the usa as other visa avenues were rejected. The person lied stating that they were single, when in fact they were engaged to an american. the person then paid a doctor to fake immunization records etc.

I feel extremely uncomfortable knowing this information. what can i do?

Well, there is always the number at the bottom of the page, to report them, but, I don't understand a couple of things. First, if other visa types were rejected (which types? Why rejected?) how did they get a B1/B2 visa? And why pay a doctor to fake immunization records, why not just pay them to give you the immunizations?

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

Well, there is always the number at the bottom of the page, to report them, but, I don't understand a couple of things. First, if other visa types were rejected (which types? Why rejected?) how did they get a B1/B2 visa? And why pay a doctor to fake immunization records, why not just pay them to give you the immunizations?

b/c they did not reach the criteria for other visas.

doctor was paid as immunization records were non-existent. doctor was paid a fee to fake tb results etc.

can the reporting of visa fraud be done anonymously?

Timeline

b/c they did not reach the criteria for other visas.

doctor was paid as immunization records were non-existent. doctor was paid a fee to fake tb results etc.

can the reporting of visa fraud be done anonymously?

i have no idea how the b1 multiple-re-entry visa was approved. the person lied about where they would be living etc. i guess they just slipped through the gaps and weren't caught.

Filed: Other Timeline

If the B2 visa was approved, it was approved on its own merit, not with the help of another US citizen or US resident. A person that is not married is indeed single. Engagement is nothing but a promise and can, and most often is, rather informal. So if somebody asks somebody who's engaged about their martial status: single is the correct answer.

Finally, B2 does not require immunization records, so the story as it stands is rather strange.

The reason to believe statement, even if true, does not have much value. If you have proof that somebody committed visa fraud, you can try to get USCIS's attention. Belief won't do.

If you feel uncomfortable about what you belief to know, you may want to speak to a person you can trust with your feelings and concerns. It's not a legal matter and not an immigration matter per se.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i have reason to believe that someone is committing visa fraud -- they applied for a B1/B2 visa to return to the usa as other visa avenues were rejected. The person lied stating that they were single, when in fact they were engaged to an american. the person then paid a doctor to fake immunization records etc.

I feel extremely uncomfortable knowing this information. what can i do?

An engaged person IS single. The visa you mention is for visiting the USA. To reside here requires an immigration process of one sort or another. Since visitor visas are the first avenue for "visiting", what other avenues were rejected.

Immunization records are not required for a B1/B2 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Spam message has been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Do the couple have a bonafide marriage? If so, then I would definitely leave it alone. If not, you need to have proof to be taken seriously by ICE.

I still don't get the immunization thing. I have to believe that there wouldn't be much difference between a bribe and what it would cost to actually do the immunizations.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

they arrived on a b1/b2 visa, married, and now are applying for a AOS based on marriage.

Medical records were forged by a doctor for a fee.

If he came on B1/B2 and doing an AOS here the medical should be done in States. I would doubt that a doctor here in States would take bribe to forge the medical and risk losing his license and being thrown in Jail. If you are taking about the medicals being forged abroad it wont help him much since the medical needs to be done by USCIS approved physician in States. If he is engaged he is still single. If someone came on B1/B2 there is nothing in the law that says he cannot marry once in States. If that was the sole intent that he came to the States that might be a different thing but just because he got married on B1/B2 doesnt mean anything. I think you are just on a witchhunt because of some issues you have with this couple. Unless this person married just for the sole sake of greencard there is nothing you can do.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

doctor was paid a fee to fake tb results etc.

I don't see why someone would do this. T.B. test is very cheap and in some areas, like where I live, they are free.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: Other Timeline

The only reason why someone would WANT to do this is if they had a medical problem (like open TBC) that would prevent them from being approved. But I too don't think a foreigner can't pay an approved civil surgeon in the US enough money to risk his license, reputation, and future. That's just crazy.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

The only reason why someone would WANT to do this is if they had a medical problem (like open TBC) that would prevent them from being approved.

That's very true, I didn't think about that.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Factual Evidence would be a good staring point.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.