Khandog25

Letters of Acknowledgment /Front-loading-Pakistan

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to inlcude letters signed by my family members and friends attesting an ongoing relationship and my intent to marry my fiancee? How many is to many? I heard somewhere that frontloading is advisable if apply to the consulate in Pakistan...

K1 Time Line

2/24/2009 - Met Sobia

3/09/2010 - Traveled to Pakistan for 6 weeks for engagement

5/21/2010 - I-129F Sent to Vermont

5/27/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy recieved

6/25/2010 - Recieved email confirmation that I-129F has been approved

7/03/2010 - NOA2 hardcopy recieved

7/16/2010 - NVC Recieved Petition

7/21/2010 - Recieved packet 3 electronically from Islamabad,Pakistan Embassy

10/8/2010 - Medical examination- Clear

10/18/2010- Interview at Islamabad Embassy- Put into AP

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to inlcude letters signed by my family members and friends attesting an ongoing relationship and my intent to marry my fiancee? How many is to many? I heard somewhere that frontloading is advisable if apply to the consulate in Pakistan...

Front-loading might be advisable for your Embassy/Consulate.

Letters by friends and family attesting to an ongoing relationship carry little or no weight in the eyes of the CO or adjudicator. They prefer evidence and documentation. Email, chat logs, photographs of you two together, Cell phone bills between the two numbers, SMS Text messages, Visa stamps in passports, Used boarding passes or rail tickets, especially of the two of you seated next to each other going on a trip, money transfers, presents bought each other, flower deliveries. This carries far more weight then family or friends writing letters.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If it is besides including all those evidence that Audy_Rob suggested then sure yes! :)

It is always good to go over-prepared in these cases! :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Front-loading might be advisable for your Embassy/Consulate.

Letters by friends and family attesting to an ongoing relationship carry little or no weight in the eyes of the CO or adjudicator. They prefer evidence and documentation. Email, chat logs, photographs of you two together, Cell phone bills between the two numbers, SMS Text messages, Visa stamps in passports, Used boarding passes or rail tickets, especially of the two of you seated next to each other going on a trip, money transfers, presents bought each other, flower deliveries. This carries far more weight then family or friends writing letters.

I would revise this to suggest that including letters from your family would probably be a good idea. Audy_Rob was probably not aware that having the consent of the family is culturally important in Pakistan, as it is in most Islamic countries.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I would revise this to suggest that including letters from your family would probably be a good idea. Audy_Rob was probably not aware that having the consent of the family is culturally important in Pakistan, as it is in most Islamic countries.

You are correct Jim. I apologize to the OP. I did not realize that in Pakistan there are additional cultural traditions whereby family consent is extremely important. I can see where family consent might be very important. I know in my fiancee's country of Thailand, showing the I have met the family is very important. I have been advised to provide photos of myself with my fiancee and her family members, mother, sister and brother will lend extra credibility to the relationship.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Continuing to think about this, even for Pakistan, Morocco, or wherever, I think the COs would prefer photographs of the two fiances and the family members over a letter. Letters cannot be easily verified by I suppose there is no harm in providing one. If one fiance(e) has met the family members of the other fiance(e), I think photographs will go a lot further towards showing an approved relationship with the COs considering the evidence.

I just don't think a letter from the family has the same impact but that is my opinion of what will appeal to the COs.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Continuing to think about this, even for Pakistan, Morocco, or wherever, I think the COs would prefer photographs of the two fiances and the family members over a letter. Letters cannot be easily verified by I suppose there is no harm in providing one. If one fiance(e) has met the family members of the other fiance(e), I think photographs will go a lot further towards showing an approved relationship with the COs considering the evidence.

I just don't think a letter from the family has the same impact but that is my opinion of what will appeal to the COs.

Well i got photographs of Sobia and I together, passport stamps, 2 credit card reciepts during my stay in Peshawar, Pakistan, i got phone card statements from raza.com. The only thing is on my phone bill it says a 1-800 # everytime when i call to Pakistan. Therefore i did not include my phone bill, but i do have over $1100.00 in phone cards from raza.com and a statment showing my name and my paypal acct# on it. Think that is good enough? Hopefully that helps. Im just trying to go over the top i guess? Like almost everyone in here, I love my fiancee and just want everything to go smoothly. Thanks for the advice guys!!

K1 Time Line

2/24/2009 - Met Sobia

event.png

Timeline

Forgot to mention I also have boarding passes showing from dubai to peshawar(entry) and peshawar to dubai (exit). You think its neccecary to show all the boarding passes for the route i took to Pakistan? I figured if anything the entry and exit boarding passes would be fine

K1 Time Line

2/24/2009 - Met Sobia

event.png

Timeline

Forgot to mention I also have boarding passes showing from dubai to peshawar(entry) and peshawar to dubai (exit). You think its neccecary to show all the boarding passes for the route i took to Pakistan? I figured if anything the entry and exit boarding passes would be fine

It is the correct thing to do by going over the top as you say. I definitely believe in always providing more than is asked for. I think the boarding passes you have will be fine especially with entry exit stamps in your passport.

A letter from your parents will not hurt.

Can you make another trip before the Embassy Interview? Can you meet her parents in person or is this forbidden or simply not possible?

I am sorry, it is just Pakistan is a difficult country and I think you will need a lot of evidence of an ongoing relationship as well as parental approval.

I do think I could have worded my first answer a little better but as I mentioned after considering it some more, I still think in that case pictures with the parents are worth MANY thousands of words. It was one of the first things I did after my fiancee accepted my proposal. I made sure I went to her mother house to discuss it and take pictures.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

I have photos with Sobia's sisters and mother. I guess I will go ahead and put a few of those in there. Im doing my pictures by attaching them in word and putting captions underneath each one. Where would I include these pictures in my packet? In the "proof of being in pakistan in the last two years" or the "Proof of an ongoing bona-fide relationship?" And if for both, do i include copies in each section? Sure appreciate it.

K1 Time Line

2/24/2009 - Met Sobia

event.png

Timeline

I have photos with Sobia's sisters and mother. I guess I will go ahead and put a few of those in there. Im doing my pictures by attaching them in word and putting captions underneath each one. Where would I include these pictures in my packet? In the "proof of being in pakistan in the last two years" or the "Proof of an ongoing bona-fide relationship?" And if for both, do i include copies in each section? Sure appreciate it.

In proof of an ongoing relationship. You need to make that section of your application as solid as you can.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.