deity307

How do I check my dad’s petition status or I-130 form?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's my situation:

========================

I currently live in Canada with my parents and my uncle has sponsored my dad for permanent U.S. immigration. My uncle is doing F4 Visa, for brother/sister. My dad got the VISA approval this past September, but no VISA's available yet because of too many applicants.

Here are the dates:

Petition date: April 2003

Petition approval: August 2009

Date my dad receives VISA Number: (Unknown but judging from the VISA bulletin, probably a few more years)

My date of birth: August 1988

==========

A few weeks ago, I called NVARS (the agency responsible for booking VISA appointments and answering questions on behalf of USCIS) and I asked if I’m eligible. The person who I spoke to, said if my name was included with my dad on the I-130 petition form my uncle filed, then I’ll be eligible.

My dad called my uncle and he said he remembered that he put my whole family. But it was 7 years ago, so I just want to double check.

Is there anyway of checking the status of the I-130 form, or how it looks like? I know the USCIS website has a case status page, but it doesn’t work for me and from what I heard, it doesn’t work for a lot of people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

--the status page thingie has had problems recently - can't say if it's up or down as of this time stamp - you'll have to just keep checking

--re: yer name on the paperwork - review the copy that the uncle made (only way to tell, for certain, at this point).

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Here's my situation:

========================

I currently live in Canada with my parents and my uncle has sponsored my dad for permanent U.S. immigration. My uncle is doing F4 Visa, for brother/sister. My dad got the VISA approval this past September, but no VISA's available yet because of too many applicants.

Here are the dates:

Petition date: April 2003

Petition approval: August 2009

Date my dad receives VISA Number: (Unknown but judging from the VISA bulletin, probably a few more years)

My date of birth: August 1988

==========

A few weeks ago, I called NVARS (the agency responsible for booking VISA appointments and answering questions on behalf of USCIS) and I asked if I’m eligible. The person who I spoke to, said if my name was included with my dad on the I-130 petition form my uncle filed, then I’ll be eligible.

My dad called my uncle and he said he remembered that he put my whole family. But it was 7 years ago, so I just want to double check.

Is there anyway of checking the status of the I-130 form, or how it looks like? I know the USCIS website has a case status page, but it doesn’t work for me and from what I heard, it doesn’t work for a lot of people.

once the i130 is sent to the NVC, there is no way to check the status online. It will sit in the NVC until the priority date becomes current. Then your uncle will start receiving the paperwork for you parents. From now on you have to check the visa bulletin every month to see when the priority date becoems current.

It will be hard to say if you will be covered under the CSPA, usually once you turned 21 you are out of your uncle's petition.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
once the i130 is sent to the NVC, there is no way to check the status online. It will sit in the NVC until the priority date becomes current. Then your uncle will start receiving the paperwork for you parents. From now on you have to check the visa bulletin every month to see when the priority date becoems current.

Well, it seems like I won't be able to check anymore. But I'm sure my uncle is right and he put my name. In the I-130 form, there's a section where it asks you to list your spouse and children names.

Good Luck !

Thanks!

It will be hard to say if you will be covered under the CSPA, usually once you turned 21 you are out of your uncle's petition.

Well, CPSA is based on the age when the petition was filed, not when the petition was approved or the VISA number is current. That was 7 years ago and I was under 21 at the time, both my real age and CPSA age.

But you have a point, it's no guarantee that I'll be considered a child once my dad's VISA number is current. I am studying a major that is in the TN Visa category and my parents can sponsor me once they immigrate to U.S. and get their Green Card (assuming the interviews are fine and all the paperwork goes out smoothly).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.