16freekisses

Mother's Day

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, I have had a very bad experience this mother's day. My boyfriend and I sent my mother flowers via Island Rose. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORE TO ANYONE.

1. They did not manage to deliver the flowers to the delivery address, which was a school where my mother teaches. Instead, they delivered it to my home address! I had to come home and give the flowers to my mother myself! You have no idea how much that inconvenienced me. The whole point of a courier is to DELIVER TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED, NOT ANYWHERE ELSE.

2. The courier was very rude to our housekeeper - so much that she almost cried to my mother and she (my mother) got so furious and called the company after the incident.

3. When I e-mailed them to express my disappointment, they told me that the delivery address I provided was incomplete. This is unacceptable. I have had other packages delivered to the very same address with no problem. Even fast food delivery was able to deliver to that address! How did Island Rose NOT manage to accomplish this very basic, very simple task? It boggles the mind.

Sorry if I kind of went off on a tangent there, but I am very, very upset. I want to warn anyone who reads this: DO NOT USE ISLAND ROSE.NET - WORTHLESS, INCOMPETENT, DISAPPOINTING SERVICE. I should have asked for recommendations here first before we ordered through that incapable establishment.

Do you have any plans for mother's day? I hope your mother's day experience will be better than mine, at least.

This is the first account I made in VJ, back when I was with my first boyfriend whom I met online. He visited me in 2010. Unfortunately, we broke up early 2011 before we could finish filing for a tourist visa (let alone start a fiancee visa)... We are still friends, though. :thumbs:

Late 2011, I fell in love with a co-worker who was based overseas. He visited me on March 2012 and also proposed during the same trip (he does not like to waste time haha :dance: ). Now we are on our K-1 journey and I am the happiest woman in the world. (L):star::luv::)

That sucks - I would also blackball them from my list of prefered vendors.

What I dont understand is - why was it such an inconvenience for you to hand deliver them to your mum?

Obviously I dont know where you or she live so that may have been the inconvenience factor - its just the way it was worded sounded like ot was a bother for you (I dont think that is the case - just saying).

In any regards - I hope the quality of the flowers was at least very good and beautiful and you mum is enjoying them (maybe even a bit more because they were hand delivered by you)!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

I have used island rose every month for the past 18 months and never had a problem with them...must have been an isolated incident. I have used flora2000.com too and was satisfied with them too.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What I dont understand is - why was it such an inconvenience for you to hand deliver them to your mum?

Unfortunately, my office is three hours from home (I rent an apartment nearby) so I had to take a leave from work, go home, get the flowers, and take them to where my mother works/lives. I couldn't call her up and tell her, "Hey mom, I got you something, they delivered it to our permanent residence, though - the one that's an hour away from you - go get them!"

In any regards - I hope the quality of the flowers was at least very good and beautiful and you mum is enjoying them (maybe even a bit more because they were hand delivered by you)!

I guess they're okay. For lesser stress and a lower price, I could have (and would have) gotten the same quality/better flowers from Dangwa and gave it to her personally if I had known that that was how it was going to end up! Hahaha

I have used Island Rose before during Valentines and Birthdays with no problems..I guess it's a case to case basis..=)

I guess so. Unfortunately, I was the isolated case. Sure, things are fine and dandy when you're not the isolated case, but what if your order ends up that way? What if it's you the next time? They are absolutely terrible at handling isolated incidents/complaints, by the way.

Sigh... I should move on and just patronize better vendors next time... LOL

ON TOPIC: The whole family is going to church on mother's day and me and my brothers are going to take her shopping! My boyfriend in the states is going to do the same too. :star: :star: :star:

This is the first account I made in VJ, back when I was with my first boyfriend whom I met online. He visited me in 2010. Unfortunately, we broke up early 2011 before we could finish filing for a tourist visa (let alone start a fiancee visa)... We are still friends, though. :thumbs:

Late 2011, I fell in love with a co-worker who was based overseas. He visited me on March 2012 and also proposed during the same trip (he does not like to waste time haha :dance: ). Now we are on our K-1 journey and I am the happiest woman in the world. (L):star::luv::)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.