one...two...tree

Eugenics and Nativism: Joined at the Hip

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get past who you think might be behind the legislation and argue the legislation itself on its merits. Everything else is just a diversion at this point.

I've argued over the merits of the law here and at great length. I did not know that one of FAIR's lawyers helped draft the piece of legislation. It is only over the last few days that after reading an article from my hometown newspaper (the Arizona Republic) that I started to realize who is behind these movements.

And yes, it is relevant to know who is pushing the emotional buttons of Americans on immigration views, particularly at a time where many are suffering economically. A movement that plays into people's fears should be scrutinized.

Edited by El Buscador

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I've argued over the merits of the law here and at great length. I did not know that one of FAIR's lawyers helped draft the piece of legislation. It is only over the last few days that after reading an article from my hometown newspaper (the Arizona Republic) that I started to realize who is behind these movements.

And yes, it is relevant to know who is pushing the emotional buttons of Americans on immigration views, particularly at a time where many are suffering economically. A movement that plays into people's fears should be scrutinized.

Does it bother you that La Raza is behind the pro-illegal movement? Does it bother you that that group wants to take back SW America for their own? If it works one way it must work the other way.

Timeline

Does it bother you that La Raza is behind the pro-illegal movement? Does it bother you that that group wants to take back SW America for their own? If it works one way it must work the other way.

What about La Raza?

Edited by El Buscador

Timeline

Just as I thought. It is only extremism when you don't agree with it.

You're missing the point. It's not whether the KKK endorses anti-immigration measures in this country - that is well known. FAIR, however, tries to make themselves mainstream by hiding from the public their ulterior motives and extremist views. And they aren't just endorsing legislation like the recent law in Arizona, they actually spend the money to get it on the ballot as well as have their lawyers draft the legislation.

You know it's funny. I've seen Right Wingers try to make a connection with Bill Ayers and Obama and their connect-the-dots scheme is ridiculous and amusing. Here we have real facts connecting the racist John Tanton and his movement behind the push for ending birthright citizenship, English only, and draconic laws targeted at Hispanics. These groups are concerned about the growing population of Hispanics in this country and want America to stay predominantly White. They are on record for stating such. We don't need immigration reform being shaped by such racist groups. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but I think many reasonably minded Americans would take pause in knowing who is behind this and their ulterior motives.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You're missing the point. It's not whether the KKK endorses anti-immigration measures in this country - that is well known. FAIR, however, tries to make themselves mainstream by hiding from the public their ulterior motives and extremist views. And they aren't just endorsing legislation like the recent law in Arizona, they actually spend the money to get it on the ballot as well as have their lawyers draft the legislation.

You know it's funny. I've seen Right Wingers try to make a connection with Bill Ayers and Obama and their connect-the-dots scheme is ridiculous and amusing. Here we have real facts connecting the racist John Tanton and his movement behind the push for ending birthright citizenship, English only, and draconic laws targeted at Hispanics. These groups are concerned about the growing population of Hispanics in this country and want America to stay predominantly White. They are on record for stating such. We don't need immigration reform being shaped by such racist groups. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but I think many reasonably minded Americans would take pause in knowing who is behind this and their ulterior motives.

real facts - So Obama's acknowledged links to William Ayers are imaginary, are they? That's some imagination.

We don't need immigration reform I agree. We need enforcement of the existing laws. And, regardless of who is behind the Arizona legislation, its main drive is to enforce existing Federal laws that the Federal authorities are, for the most part, abrogating.

If the Federal authorities stepped up to the plate, we would have no need for this legislation in Arizona. But then, both sides in Washington have their own reason for making sure this doesn't happen, don't they? So we are left with individual states doing what they need to take care of their own immigration issues.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

303180-good_tin_foil_hat.jpg

wingnut.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: FVCKIN WINGNUT!

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow