one...two...tree

Eugenics and Nativism: Joined at the Hip

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hitler+meeting+1933.jpg

Racism and Xenophobia The Federation for American Immigration Reform ('"FAIR") received a good deal of negative publicity after it was disclosed that it had received most of its start-up money from nonprofit Pioneer Fund foundation. The Pioneer Fund has a long history of promoting eugenics and giving funding to researchers who champion white supremacist causes. As well, the Pioneer Fund has provided money to a variety of anti-immigrant causes. The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have both condemned FAIR and the Pioneer Fund as promoting racist hate views. Most critically for the present discussion is the role of eugenics and immigration.

http://truthseeker24...d-eugenics.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hitler+meeting+1933.jpg

Racism and Xenophobia The Federation for American Immigration Reform ('"FAIR") received a good deal of negative publicity after it was disclosed that it had received most of its start-up money from nonprofit Pioneer Fund foundation. The Pioneer Fund has a long history of promoting eugenics and giving funding to researchers who champion white supremacist causes. As well, the Pioneer Fund has provided money to a variety of anti-immigrant causes. The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have both condemned FAIR and the Pioneer Fund as promoting racist hate views. Most critically for the present discussion is the role of eugenics and immigration.

http://truthseeker24...d-eugenics.html

With the history of the LEFT and Eugenics.... it's rather stunning you would even try this.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

It's Steven, he likes grasping for straws.

Anyone who forms opinions on idealism, always refuses to engage in any debates requiring details. When they do engage, they usually stick to rhetorical clichés or labels like 'you hate brown people or are a racist'. Pretty much what you guys did with health care reform.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

It's Steven, he likes grasping for straws.

Anyone who forms opinions on idealism, always refuses to engage in any debates requiring details. When they do engage, they usually stick to rhetorical clichés or labels like 'you hate brown people or are a racist'. Pretty much what you guys did with health care reform.

I think that guy with the mustache is his great uncle!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I see Steve is given to wild hysterics when it comes to anything he disagrees with. When it comes to something he should be concerned about like the mess of a health care bill its other people that are the hysterical ones. Irony and hypocrisy all rolled up into one. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If Steven wants to bring up Eugenics, let him. Then let him explain how Eugenics are far closer to the heart of the Obama Administration than most people know.

Totalitarian Progressive Eugenics Supporter Ezekiel Emanuel now Targeted

Totalitarian Progressive Rahm Emanuel’s brother Ezekiel is a top Health-Care adviser to Obama. He is also an open supporter of Eugenics based rationing of Health-Care. This has made him a legitimate target for opponents of Obamacare.

WASHINGTON — Ezekiel Emanuel, a top health-care adviser to President Barack Obama and older brother of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, is emerging as a target of conservatives critical of Democrats’ health-care effort.

Dr. Emanuel, a prominent oncologist and medical ethicist who has taught at Harvard Medical School and served at the National Institutes of Health, has written dozens of scholarly articles over the years. Critics are using his writings to suggest Dr. Emanuel favors withholding care from the elderly and disabled.

One of their most-cited examples is a 1996 article Dr. Emanuel wrote in the bioethics journal Hastings Center Report. Exploring which medical services should be guaranteed to all Americans, Dr. Emanuel cited an approach that would favor active people, adding, “An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.”

Read the rest.

Eugenics is the real reason for Obamacare, the Progressive Movement wants to eliminate undesirables to achieve “Progress”. Ezekiel is is a radical Totalitarian and his ideas are outright evil. Rahm and Ezekiel are both a threat to America and the spotlight needs to be on them.

Little Green Footballs Article

Ezekiel Emanuels's view are well known and not denied. And the Obama Administration employs him as a top health advisor. If Steven is worried about Eugenics, I think he needs to look a lot closer to the seat of power in this country than FAIR will ever be.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

As pieces of "journalism" or "journo-commentary" these blogs are shockingly awful.

Why do you guys bother with them?

Because it mirrors the posters mindset. Case in point, Steve thinks that anyone that doesn't like an open border is a Nazi. All it does is show his own radical thought process.

As pieces of "journalism" or "journo-commentary" these blogs are shockingly awful.

Why do you guys bother with them?

Ain't that the truth? :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Because it mirrors the posters mindset. Case in point, Steve thinks that anyone that doesn't like an open border is a Nazi. All it does is show his own radical thought process.

Wrong. I'm just exposing who is behind the anti-immigration movement in this country. Several decades ago, leaders of the KKK like David Duke, realized that the organization could not further its agenda under that name so they've come up with new organizations like the Pioneer Fund or Stormfront, funding anti-immigration groups like FAIR. They're being very effective this way by showing that many Americans who would normally not want to have anything to do with the people behind these groups, are agreeing with some of their nativist beliefs and ideas.

As for this post from this guy's blog site - he points out that both the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have done extension research into FAIR and its racist ties. It is these groups that have been behind the anti-immigration movement. Does that mean everyone in favor of their ideas is racist? No. But people should be aware who is behind this movement, particularly when many of their specific ideas and rhetoric get repeated. I've seen plenty of posts here on VJ that echo that and I've seen plenty of emotional reactions over illegal immigration that is unfounded.

Edited by El Buscador

Timeline

Wrong. I'm just exposing who is behind the anti-immigration movement in this country. Several decades ago, leaders of the KKK like David Duke, realized that the organization could not further its agenda under that name so they've come up with new organizations like the Pioneer Fund or Stormfront, funding anti-immigration groups like FAIR. They're being very effective this way by showing that many Americans who would normally not want to have anything to do with the people behind these groups, are agreeing with some of their nativist beliefs and ideas.

As for this post from this guy's blog site - he points out that both the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have done extension research into FAIR and its racist ties. It is these groups that have been behind the anti-immigration movement. Does that mean everyone in favor of their ideas is racist? No. But people should be aware who is behind this movement, particularly when many of their specific ideas and rhetoric get repeated. I've seen plenty of posts here on VJ that echo that and I've seen plenty of emotional reactions over illegal immigrations that is unfounded.

Behind the anti-immigration movement??? :rofl:

Thank you for proving me right. The entire anti-ILLEGAL-immigration movement is, in your mind, a bunch of Nazi's. You make no distinction between legal and illegal immigration. Your mind is a really strange place Steve.

Timeline

Behind the anti-immigration movement???

From the Institute of Policy Studies:

John Tanton is widely recognized as the leading figure in the anti-immigration and "official English" movements in the United States. Initially, Tanton's public policy advocacy work was driven by his commitment to zero population growth and environmental conservation. By the late 1970s, however, this concern about the environment and population growth evolved into a crusade against immigration flows into the United States, particularly from Latin American and Caribbean nations. At the time that the New Right, Christian Right, and neoconservative political tendencies were mobilizing new constituencies against center-left politics in the United States, Tanton played a central role in mobilizing backlash sentiment against immigrants. Tapping his base in environmental and population control organizations such as the Sierra Club, National Audubon Society, and Zero Population Growth, Tanton in 1979 cofounded what has become the most influential anti-immigrant policy institute in the nation: Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). In 1983, he also cofounded the most influential "official English" or English-only organization, U.S. English.

Today, Tanton stands in the center of a web of anti-immigrant and official English groups. As the founder and publisher of Social Contract Press, Tanton has published books that have helped shaped a nationalist ideology focused on the threat of immigrants to the white, English-speaking population. Social Contract books also stoke fears about immigrants taking over the United States, with research that highlights the rapid rise of Spanish-speaking residents and related socioeconomic problems, while ignoring research that points to the positive contributions of immigrants. In addition to FAIR, where he still is a board member, Tanton has been a central player in an array of anti-immigrant, nationalist groups and institutes, including Pro English, U.S. Inc., Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), U.S. English, and Numbers USA. Funding for these and other organizations in which Tanton is a key figure, often flows through the organization, U.S. Inc. (7) (8)

According to Tolerance.org, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center: "The organized anti-immigration 'movement' is almost entirely the handiwork of one man, Michigan activist John. H. Tanton." In June 2002, it listed thirteen groups that formed part of the "loose-knit Tanton network." The following groups were founded and funded (through U.S. Inc.) by Tanton: Center for Immigration Studies, Federation for American Immigration Reform, NumbersUSA, Pro English, Social Contract Press, U.S. English, and U.S. Inc. Others, such as American Immigration Control Foundation, American Patrol/Voices of Citizens Together, Californians for Population Stabilization, ProjectUSA, are part of the Tanton network because their funding has been channeled through U.S. Inc. Another organization cited by Tolerance.Org, as part of the network is Population-Environment Balance, because Tanton had joined its board. (1)

Replying to a critique by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Tanton wrote: "Having suffered the slings, arrows, barbs, insults, cheap shots, and body blows that have come as a result of taking a position in opposition to mass immigration, I would certainly not have reservations about claiming credit for being the guy secretly manipulating U.S. immigration policy." He concludes on an ironic note, saying that if he were the powerful puppeteer of the immigration restrictionist movement then why have immigration levels to the United States been steadily rising since he started his fight for tighter controls on immigration flows. (11)

According to Tanton, he is not against immigration but is an opponent of mass or massive immigration because it is not in his self-interest or that of other U.S. citizens. "Most Americans," writes Tanton, "oppose mass immigration because mass immigration is not in their interests. They are guilty of looking out for themselves and their perceived interests-exactly as the immigrants and their supporters do." Elaborating on the self-interest argument, Tanton explains. "Americans do not see the loss of their jobs or wages to immigrants to be in their interests. They do not see the crowding of their children's schools with large numbers of kids who have language and other difficulties to be in their interests. They do not see rapid cultural and linguistic transformations of their neighborhoods to be in their interests." (11)

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Tanton_John

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

So, if you disagree with this Arizona legislation because, so you allege, John Tanton is behind it, will you avoid medium-rare steak, if that's how he has his?

Get past who you think might be behind the legislation and argue the legislation itself on its merits. Everything else is just a diversion at this point.

The law has popular support in Arizona, does this count for nothing?

The law empowers local and state law enforcement to enforce existing Federal laws, which the Federal authorities are singularly failing to enforce. Is this wrong, and if so, which part? The local enforcement, or Federal lack thereof?

The Arizona legislation is bringing the hypocrisy of both main parties in Washington to the forefront of the debate. Is this wrong?

The American electorate are being engaged once more, as they were when BushBaby tried immigration "reform" in 2007. Is this wrong?

Trying to find a racist conspiracy behind what is essentially an attempt by the state of Arizona to ensure that existing laws are enforced by someone is somewhat missing the point. Would you rather the existing immigration legislation was just forgotten and left languishing in the shadows, unenforced? The vast majority of this country would disagree with you there.

I'm not saying you can't rant about FAIR, their founder and racism to your heart's content. Hell, I come from a country where they elect representatives from an acknowledged racist political party to public office and that gets my hackles up no end. Just keep the obsessive search for a conspiracy out of what is a workable solution to an acknowledged problem.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As for this post from this guy's blog site - he points out that both the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have done extension research into FAIR and its racist ties. It is these groups that have been behind the anti-immigration movement. Does that mean everyone in favor of their ideas is racist? No. But people should be aware who is behind this movement, particularly when many of their specific ideas and rhetoric get repeated. I've seen plenty of posts here on VJ that echo that and I've seen plenty of emotional reactions over illegal immigration that is unfounded.

but again state you are sourcing two groups which have become political Hacks and deal in selective slander.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn