nathanp

going to the philippines.a few questions

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Your first TRIP.....???

I cant wait for you describing your trip when you get back home...LOL :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

No money will ever be ENOUGH (you will understand this part when you come back!!!, unless you learn really fast to budget yourself)

You will have a good time if you find a decent resort to spend some quality time, otherwise a "culture shock" will be a definite guaranteed for you in more ways then one...

Enjoy your trip and best wishes....

thanks every1.i really appreciate the replies.....then about 3500 dollars including plane tickets should be enough.and we dont plan to invite a lot of people.plus she moved to cebu.and she is from bayugan.so basically ill either be going back to bayugan with her family or staying in cebu and just having her sisters and parents come.but we will see when i get there.but for now i have a goal on how much to sav.and that goal should be reachable by the end of this year like i planned.again thanks all

I went with a church wedding & it cost more. however i felt it was worth it in the long run.....my wife will NEVER EVER forget that day that i gave her :yes:

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Your first TRIP.....???

I cant wait for you describing your trip when you get back home...LOL :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

No money will ever be ENOUGH (you will understand this part when you come back!!!, unless you learn really fast to budget yourself)

You will have a good time if you find a decent resort to spend some quality time, otherwise a "culture shock" will be a definite guaranteed for you in more ways then one...

Enjoy your trip and best wishes....

yes its my first trip....im definitely ready to go.its been nearly 3 and a half years now.i just always had financial problems.but a lot had to do with the fact i over spent instead of save.others were to help people out.my best friends here r filipino.i was over at their house nearly everyday.and it was a big change even them being here and me going to their house.the food and everything i love.i even cook it for my dad now.but my gf moved to cebu and once she starts working she will get her own apartment.so we will have alone time there.if not her cousin said we can use her house which no1 lives in.

so really either way we will have our own time when we want it.she will be 21 in september.my plans were to be there for her 21st bday.but the way things r going now.most likely wont happen unless i get a job making like 20 dollars an hour or more.all she wants rite now as well as her family is for me to just visit.not to worry about a wedding.but i plan on saving a little for a wedding since our original plans were to get married when i got there.so my goal rite now is about 3500 dollars.and thank you.

I went with a church wedding & it cost more. however i felt it was worth it in the long run.....my wife will NEVER EVER forget that day that i gave her :yes:

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

piglett

i do agree its worth it.we want to do that.she said her sisters wedding cost around 1500 to 2000 dollars.i forgot exactly how much.ive only been to 1 wedding and it was a very cheap wedding.nothing special.just a few family and friends.and at a justice of th peace house.i never been to any ther weddings so thats y i am the way i am about the price of it.even her own family now is agreeing to a more cheaper wedding as long as i get there to be with her.but im just living day by day and praying about it.i just wanna get there now and spend some time with her....if u dont mind me asking.where were those pics taken at?i see the signs say romblon...but i dont know where thats at.i looked at quiet a few and i like the area.i dont know if all those people where with you or just some passengers.but i like the surrounding.great pics by the way.and beautiful wife if u dont mind me saying.

thanks every1.i really appreciate the replies.....then about 3500 dollars including plane tickets should be enough.and we dont plan to invite a lot of people.plus she moved to cebu.and she is from bayugan.so basically ill either be going back to bayugan with her family or staying in cebu and just having her sisters and parents come.but we will see when i get there.but for now i have a goal on how much to sav.and that goal should be reachable by the end of this year like i planned.again thanks all

This will depend upon how financially responsible your fiancee is and how much her relative believe in the stereotype that all Americans are rich. Our wedding with plane tickets was $5000 three years ago with no honeymoon other than a one night stay in the pinoy club.

A $3500 wedding can be done.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

This will depend upon how financially responsible your fiancee is and how much her relative believe in the stereotype that all Americans are rich. Our wedding with plane tickets was $5000 three years ago with no honeymoon other than a one night stay in the pinoy club.

A $3500 wedding can be done.

the 3500 includes the plane ticket as well.ive been looking and will say the average plane ticket is around 1500 but im saving 2000 for the ticket alone.but more likely around 1200 for a wedding.and as for honeymoon.we have a couple places to go that r very cheap.i asked her about that and she isnt too big on going places.just as long as im there she is happy.but i know we will want our alone time.if she has her own apartment.then we will have that alone time anyways.she is pretty good about money.she buys only what she needs.her grandfather also does the weddings.plus her cousins mom can get cheap stuff for the wedding bcuz she does all that.but not too sure.

i do agree its worth it.we want to do that.she said her sisters wedding cost around 1500 to 2000 dollars.i forgot exactly how much.ive only been to 1 wedding and it was a very cheap wedding.nothing special.just a few family and friends.and at a justice of th peace house.i never been to any ther weddings so thats y i am the way i am about the price of it.even her own family now is agreeing to a more cheaper wedding as long as i get there to be with her.but im just living day by day and praying about it.i just wanna get there now and spend some time with her....if u dont mind me asking.where were those pics taken at?i see the signs say romblon...but i dont know where thats at.i looked at quiet a few and i like the area.i dont know if all those people where with you or just some passengers.but i like the surrounding.great pics by the way.and beautiful wife if u dont mind me saying.

most of the pictures were taken in Sibuyan which is the last stop on the boat.

it's in the Romblon province & we also stopped in Romblon on the way there so i figured on getting a few pictures of the place. My church wedding cost about $1600 & my plane ticket was another $1475 from the northeast U.S. I had the same problem you are having I didn't have enough money to go see my sweetie. for a year & a half i just could't pile up enough cash. then i landed a contract for some side work & after working day & night for a month i had the cash & went online to get my ticket. I used http://www.cheapoair.com I also used a little trick & saved about $275 which was just fine with me. if you wait till after 12midnight on monday all of the airlines start to post their deals for the week, you have to act quickly because by Tuesday afternoon they will probably be all gone.

good luck

piglett

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

most of the pictures were taken in Sibuyan which is the last stop on the boat.

it's in the Romblon province & we also stopped in Romblon on the way there so i figured on getting a few pictures of the place. My church wedding cost about $1600 & my plane ticket was another $1475 from the northeast U.S. I had the same problem you are having I didn't have enough money to go see my sweetie. for a year & a half i just could't pile up enough cash. then i landed a contract for some side work & after working day & night for a month i had the cash & went online to get my ticket. I used http://www.cheapoair.com I also used a little trick & saved about $275 which was just fine with me. if you wait till after 12midnight on monday all of the airlines start to post their deals for the week, you have to act quickly because by Tuesday afternoon they will probably be all gone.

good luck

piglett

thank you.i just learned from my gf sister that my gf is suppoes to go to manila for 2 months to train to be a singer and dancer then move to japan.i wanna go to japan.so i might try to find work there and move in with her when she does go.maybe get married there as well depending on how much it cost and if we have the qualifications.to make a long story short.i sent my gf some money twice to move to cebu and to help her dad.but the money is being used to get her passport and paper work and to go to manila.she was scared to tell me the truth bcuz she tought i would say no.we talked about it b4 but months ago.i agreed to it as long as the job isnt degrading and she wasnt made to do something she dont want.(im very protective of her especially when it comes to going places when i cant be with her around other guys)but i become more relaxed and trust her a lot more.just want her to do the same for me.

its been over 3 years and i have gone thru so much with her.yet we still wont seperate after what we both put each other thru and what others say.so i really believe God has brought us together and we r meant to be.if that makes sense.all i know is that i love her to death and will do anything for her.she doesnt take advantage of me and only asked money from me once.but she is so determind to get a job thats y she asked and was so scared i would say no not to move or go.but im all for it and so excited about it.sorry if i got off subject.just excited rite now to know the truth and what she wants to do.

thank you.i just learned from my gf sister that my gf is suppoes to go to manila for 2 months to train to be a singer and dancer then move to japan.i wanna go to japan.so i might try to find work there and move in with her when she does go.maybe get married there as well depending on how much it cost and if we have the qualifications.to make a long story short.i sent my gf some money twice to move to cebu and to help her dad.but the money is being used to get her passport and paper work and to go to manila.she was scared to tell me the truth bcuz she tought i would say no.we talked about it b4 but months ago.i agreed to it as long as the job isnt degrading and she wasnt made to do something she dont want.(im very protective of her especially when it comes to going places when i cant be with her around other guys)but i become more relaxed and trust her a lot more.just want her to do the same for me.

its been over 3 years and i have gone thru so much with her.yet we still wont seperate after what we both put each other thru and what others say.so i really believe God has brought us together and we r meant to be.if that makes sense.all i know is that i love her to death and will do anything for her.she doesnt take advantage of me and only asked money from me once.but she is so determind to get a job thats y she asked and was so scared i would say no not to move or go.but im all for it and so excited about it.sorry if i got off subject.just excited rite now to know the truth and what she wants to do.

Dude i am going to shoot straight from the hip. I would be very very worried about my girlfriend going to Japan to be any kind of a dancer. i mite just smell a rat.

if there is any way that she can not go then that would be best.

sorry for the bad news

piglett

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

Dude i am going to shoot straight from the hip. I would be very very worried about my girlfriend going to Japan to be any kind of a dancer. i mite just smell a rat.

if there is any way that she can not go then that would be best.

sorry for the bad news

piglett

i understand,although id rather her not.im going to respect her wishes and let her learn about life on her own.ive tried to get her to understand things but she has a mind of her own.its not an exotic dancer.especially since she has to go to school for 2 months.but she has been on her college dance team since day 1 as well as her high school.she also teaches kids how to dance and does the dances for her church.i have many videos she made for me of her dancing.and i support it.and no need to apologize.i understand what u mean.but if it makes her happy.then im happy.im just worried that when she gets to japan.how she will survive.its expensice there plus i learn u have to be fluent in japanese in order to live and work there anyways.

ill just go along with it and see what happens when she goes to manila for that training.she will be with 20 others girls as well.so she wont be alone.her sister is going to talk to her about it for me as well.but if jenes has made up her mind and i know she did.then not much i can do.ill just pray and support her.and let her know im here for her no matter what.the only decision she has ever made on her own is going against her parents just to be with me.and her parents have beat her and abused her for years.her dads an alcoholic and her mom well that a different story.they never say they love her.they actually say they hate her and wish she wasnt born.calling her names etc.i want to show here there r good guys and good people out there.but i have a feeling when the time comes.she will miss her family and change her mind.i know jenes well enough to know that.

Hi! I've read everyone's posts and I would like to give you some advice.

1st. about going to the Philippines, 1000$ should be enough if its just going to be for food and some dates but no traveling or 'mini' vacation. that should be plenty. But, if they are expecting for some extravagant outings,then that would be hard. I saw others post about tickets too,they are right about it and it can be pretty pricey. I suggest no wedding yet( if its still in the story).

2nd.about her going to japan as a dancer, Everyone in that 'kind' of thing says that its only gonna be like this,like that...blah..blah.. but in my experience,( I've tried that, even applying with a band, as an overseas worker) everything they say doesn't really happen..she will be 'training' in a house with other girls but it's not really a school but more of a house run by a 'mamasan' (the person who owns or with business with the bar in japan) and basically make them practice and practice then when some Japanese comes to the Philippines,they will audition (wont even dance,just standing in line) with VERY daring clothes and whoever the Japanese picks, then they will process the visa thingy. if she gets to japan,then that will be another story.. I really admire your devotion for her and I just hope she just choose to stay and use what she studied in college for. in the Philippines,once you go abroad as an "entertainer" it will leave her/him a bad label( can be treated like prostitutes or strippers) for a long time. I'm sorry for some harsh words but that's how a lot of people are and i just want to let you know about reality in our country out of concern. I hope everything turn out good and good luck on your relationship.

Hi! I've read everyone's posts and I would like to give you some advice.

1st. about going to the Philippines, 1000$ should be enough if its just going to be for food and some dates but no traveling or 'mini' vacation. that should be plenty. But, if they are expecting for some extravagant outings,then that would be hard. I saw others post about tickets too,they are right about it and it can be pretty pricey. I suggest no wedding yet( if its still in the story).

2nd.about her going to japan as a dancer, Everyone in that 'kind' of thing says that its only gonna be like this,like that...blah..blah.. but in my experience,( I've tried that, even applying with a band, as an overseas worker) everything they say doesn't really happen..she will be 'training' in a house with other girls but it's not really a school but more of a house run by a 'mamasan' (the person who owns or with business with the bar in japan) and basically make them practice and practice then when some Japanese comes to the Philippines,they will audition (wont even dance,just standing in line) with VERY daring clothes and whoever the Japanese picks, then they will process the visa thingy. if she gets to japan,then that will be another story.. I really admire your devotion for her and I just hope she just choose to stay and use what she studied in college for. in the Philippines,once you go abroad as an "entertainer" it will leave her/him a bad label( can be treated like prostitutes or strippers) for a long time. I'm sorry for some harsh words but that's how a lot of people are and i just want to let you know about reality in our country out of concern. I hope everything turn out good and good luck on your relationship.

thank you.all the info u gave me is very helpful.the money amount i believe is good.im not going there to go on any special outings or anyting.its just to be with her.to spend time with her and get to know her and her family more.and possibly get married if we decide it.but its undecided rite now.its just a matter of getting her on the computer to chat.

and as for the thing about being a dancer and everything.u seem to know exactly what ur talking about.and i really appreciate that bcuz it was also my worry.i dont trust these people she is going too.and dont know anything about it or them.im afraid she will get involved with something she shouldnt and have many problems bcuz she wont wanna do it.but now i know.so im going to give her this info and possibly try to talk her out of it.id really like to see her use her knowledge from school and work since thats what she went to school for in the first place.in a way i have a bad feeling about her going to manila and then going to japan.her sister and her say that its not bad dancing.but i know better.it may not seem like it.but i know once she gets involved things will go sour for her.but now its a matter of trying to talk her out of it.july 15th she is suppose to go to manila.thats 1 day away.i cant even get her on the computer....

let alone talk her out of it.and i dont know how to go at it and try not to make it seem like i dont support her with her decisions and im just angry at her and dont want her to go.but to get her to understand that she is in a scam basically.all thats on her mind is working.she wont become a webcam girl or anything like that.but i have a feeling thats bascially what she is leading to with this job.and like u said about her image looking like a prostitute and everything.she is very big about that.she does not want people thinking of her that way.i just dont know what to do or say to convince her not to go.and to make me look like im a bad person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Topic has apparently changed to:

Lying about having moved to Cebu and spending money on a Visa to Japan and training as "entertainer" there: Big. Red. Flag.

To which we can add these others I was hesitant to mention while the topic was how much Mindanao costs. I built a house there (I do construction) but was more concerned with:

The OP indicated you had been "dating" three years. But you've never actually met each other. Red flag.

Statements about how much each of you has put the other through. Red flag.

A college graduate in Business Administration is incapable of determining marriage requirements in their own country? Red flag.

College graduate looking for bar girl work? Red flag.

Depending on which post you read, the parents are either fine with the marriage or vehemently opposed. In your 11 Aug 2007 post asking about immigration for a fiance with a co-sponsor, the parents were in favor of the marriage. Not now, and lying about it to them, or maybe now depending on which post: Red flag.

Extremely abusive parents according to her. Red flag.

No bank account, no credit, job history eg Navy one month but "let's say I am a millionaire" - red flag.

Nathan I have a track record in life that would make you look like a genius by comparison at times. I can be delusional too. You indicated you were "going along" with her move to Manila despite lying to you about it. The reasoning seems to be that it was a sound lie: she believed you would have opposed it.

I think you've indicated through the posts that in the past when you tried to think long-term she got very upset so you "learned" not to question and therefore gained her trust. Accepting this latest lie is another trust-building exercise.

From the record you have submitted though, you don't actually plan long-term by the standards most of us consider to mean long-term: not even past the wedding, so this leads one to wonder what you mean by questioning her actions in terms of long range planning.

At one time I thought drilling a supercub into the ground 70 miles from the nearest road was hot action. Figuring out how to survive with a broken ankle, head split open, spraying blood all over the place, and ten degrees in grizzly country. Seeing what I could actually live through was kind of the idea.

But in a way you've set a higher standard in terms of having your heart pulverized instead of just your whole body.

The "entertainment" she is going to Japan for has plenty of information available on google. But I suggest looking specifically into "Dohan" and "ra-bu hoteru".

Dohan is a requirement of the job, and it means an afternoon "date" with the customers. They usually go to a short-time hotel: "ra-bu hoteru".

Geisha training is intensive and long-term with extreme cultural refinement - musical instruments, political inculcation, tea ceremony, yadda yadda. But the "entertainment" girls are barmaids dressed up as schoolgirls, nurses, etc. The reason they "train" in Manila is because the Philippine law requires it, not because it is necessary. Part of my infdrmation came from my Japanese Judo master, and some from a person whose wife would file for divorce if I divulged it, thereby leading to my assassination.

So just google what I've given you. I don't think by the way that it is the work she'll be doing that is the problem. The problem is the delusional nature of the whole relationship, the lying, and lack of responsible planning.

Time to wake up.

Timeline

Blazing Red Alert

I finally figured out the advanced search function here. If you do the same for nathanp you will uncover threads going all the way back to July of 2007 that tells a very painful story.

Since mid-2007 this girl has used one lie after another to milk nathanp for money.

On July 30 of 2007 the story was that "she won't stand up to anyone... she is sensitive and weak". She was incessantly asking for money while insisting she was not asking for money, blaming it on the parents.

Now the story is that the "one thing" he knows about her is in effect how stubborn and strong-willed she is.

He was paying for the monthly electricity and internet way back in 2007, and complaining that he could not send "every paycheck" or else he could not save enough to go there. Observe he has never been there but plenty of money has.

A new "cousin" was showing up behind her just about every time she was talking to him on the webcam, and many times she would shut off the webcam preventing him from seeing what was going on and saying it was because her drunk father was returning home and didn't want her talking to nathanp.

All through his threads back to mid-2007 he has persistently asked for the age requirements and the parental consent requirements that have been answered a thousand times. He wanted to know if he could marry at the embassy too - all of which simply points to a woman who has been using one excuse after another to bleed more money out of him.

Allegedly she insisted on a fiance visa and my goodness how inconvenient that they had not met. Look how hard she has tried for three years to marry him, yet how uncanny it is despite that desire and determination there is always a reason she innocently does not know about. A technical requirement he comes to visajourney to ask about. She can apparently use the same reason multiple times and he will still come ask about it.

So after all these years it is the sister, not her, that explains his girl is going to leave for Japan to be a bar girl. He can't even reach her directly despite how much she loves him.

In one of the early threads someone very bluntly said it was a scam. Years have gone by and the evidence it is a scam has been piled up higher than Mt. Everest.

It is just so painful to see this. I feel the same way about little old ladies being conned out of their life savings by con-men. I do not look down at the old ladies, nor do I look down upon nathanp. Instead I feel profoundly sad for them and at how so many hopes and dreams are smashed upon the rocks by these predators.

Edited by rlogan

Timeline

I went there for 5 days only. I bought the package here in USA (hotel plus tickets). For cash, I took about $1750 and had to run to the atm like 3 times. (each time $200 dollars..since that was the maximum i could take in a day --- dont ask me why)

So about $300 dollars daily should do it. But you can do it for less. It all depends. Usually when we went out we brought family members and friends with us.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.