justashooter

canada did it

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

was listening to a radio talk show this afternoon and a guest speaker (US representative from AZ) was discussing his pending legislation to modify the 14th Amendment in reference to the "subject to" clause, so eliminating the practice of granting citizenship to children born in the USA to parents of persons illegally present, or on non-immigrant visas.

he remarked that canada had changed it's birthright citizenship law in this manner during the early 90's in response to a wave of chinese tourists arriving with the intent of delivering child to gain citizenship for the child. canada was concerned about the rapidly changing demographic in the western provinces, and reacted accordingly.

any canadians in the know care to comment?

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm an in the know tourist with a fiance in Canada....

Their Asian population is as bad if not worse than the Hispanic population. Actually, I'd say worse.... You walk around Toronto, especially downtown and all you see is a sea of Asians... You'd never guess it was Canada.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Ah yes Toronto.

Asians everywhere. Doesn't seem to bother me though, must not because I'm married to an asian, haha.

My friend goes to University of Waterloo (about an hour from TO) and it's full of asians too.

I honestly hope the birth rights here in the US change, too long have people just been able to come over, give birth and basically guarantee themselves a ticket into the US years down the road.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Good question and good thread discussion. I don't know. I found this link however but nothing yet officially

WHAT COUNTRIES BAN BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP?

By Elois Zeanah

Most countries ban birthright citizenship because of security threats and because of unbearable costs which take invaluable resources and burden federal, state and local budgets and taxpayers. U.S. Representative Nathan Deal of Georgia, who introduced H.R. 1868 to ban automatic birthright citizenship, stated that the United States is the largest of only 33 countries in the world that grant automatic birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens and temporary visitors, while 122 countries do not. A sampling of these countries follows:

Countries that Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship

Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Spain, United States, and Venezuela.

Countries that do NOT Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship

Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Columbia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and Zaire.

H.R. 1868, The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives in April to clarify the language/intent of citizen in the 14th Amendment to join other countries and stop the abuse of immigrants (illegal aliens and visitors on visas) who come to the United States to have children to give their children dual citizenship; to prevent them from entering military service in their countries; and to get free education, welfare, healthcare and other benefits paid for by U.S. taxpayers.

Click http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1868 to read the bill, who the sponsor and co-sponsors are, and what the status is. If your U.S. Congressman has not co-sponsored this legislation, please call his/her office and request that he/she do so.

Notes and Sources: Ireland banned birthright citizenship in June 2004. Ireland was the only country left in the European Union to grant automatic birthright citizenship to non-citizens. (Voters Reject Automatic Citizenship for Babies Born in Ireland, New York Times International, September 13, 2004.) New Zealand changed its law to ban automatic birthright citizenship in 2006. (Birthright Citizenship Abolished in New Zealand, January 1, 2006, Newstalk ZB).

http://www.cis.org/articles/1993/back.793.html: The Basic Right of Citizenship, A Comparative Study, September 1993, by Sarah A. Adams. http://www.numbersusa.com/Interests/birthrightcitizenship.html.

Edited by zenaxe

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Australia changed its laws for the same reason a few years ago. One of the parents has to be a citizen for a child to qualify. Otherwise they have to go through the normal process just like everyone else. You certainly don't get rewarded for cheating. Let alone actually qualify to possibly run for president, while naturalized citizens cannot.

Paul you'll be shocked if you go to AUS then. To me it's only fair considering just how many people there are in Asia. Whereas, over here, the immigration system is dominated (hogged) by Latin Americans; all while they only make up 9% of the world's population.

What equality and rationale is there in people from one region taking up 80% of the US's immigrants? Diversity means an equal portion of people from around the world.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Good question and good thread discussion. I don't know. I found this link however but nothing yet officially

WHAT COUNTRIES BAN BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP?

By Elois Zeanah

Most countries ban birthright citizenship because of security threats and because of unbearable costs which take invaluable resources and burden federal, state and local budgets and taxpayers. U.S. Representative Nathan Deal of Georgia, who introduced H.R. 1868 to ban automatic birthright citizenship, stated that the United States is the largest of only 33 countries in the world that grant automatic birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens and temporary visitors, while 122 countries do not. A sampling of these countries follows:

Countries that Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship

Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Spain, United States, and Venezuela.

Countries that do NOT Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship

Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Columbia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and Zaire.

H.R. 1868, The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives in April to clarify the language/intent of “citizen” in the 14th Amendment to join other countries and stop the abuse of immigrants (illegal aliens and visitors on visas) who come to the United States to have children to give their children dual citizenship; to prevent them from entering military service in their countries; and to get free education, welfare, healthcare and other benefits paid for by U.S. taxpayers.

Click http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1868 to read the bill, who the sponsor and co-sponsors are, and what the status is. If your U.S. Congressman has not co-sponsored this legislation, please call his/her office and request that he/she do so.

Notes and Sources: Ireland banned birthright citizenship in June 2004. Ireland was the only country left in the European Union to grant automatic birthright citizenship to non-citizens. (“Voters Reject Automatic Citizenship for Babies Born in Ireland,” New York Times International”, September 13, 2004.) New Zealand changed its law to ban automatic birthright citizenship in 2006. (“Birthright Citizenship Abolished in New Zealand,” January 1, 2006, Newstalk ZB).

http://www.cis.org/articles/1993/back.793.html: “The Basic Right of Citizenship, A Comparative Study”, September 1993, by Sarah A. Adams. http://www.numbersusa.com/Interests/birthrightcitizenship.html.

I think this is an old article, Wikipedia states that:

Section 3(2) of the Current Act states that Canadian citizenship is not granted to a child born in Canada if, at the time of his/her birth, neither of his/her parents was a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident and either parent was a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative or employee of a foreign government in Canada or an employee of such a person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_nationality_law

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

was listening to a radio talk show this afternoon and a guest speaker (US representative from AZ) was discussing his pending legislation to modify the 14th Amendment in reference to the "subject to" clause, so eliminating the practice of granting citizenship to children born in the USA to parents of persons illegally present, or on non-immigrant visas.

he remarked that canada had changed it's birthright citizenship law in this manner during the early 90's in response to a wave of chinese tourists arriving with the intent of delivering child to gain citizenship for the child. canada was concerned about the rapidly changing demographic in the western provinces, and reacted accordingly.

any canadians in the know care to comment?

That would be me. As usual the Representative got it wrong. Congress makes mistakes, can you imagine. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The act that has been in force since April 17, 2008 is Citizenship Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-29.

PART I

THE RIGHT TO CITIZENSHIP

Persons who are citizens

3. (1) Subject to this Act, a person is a citizen if

(a) the person was born in Canada after February 14, 1977;

If your old lady (no matter how she got here) dropped you in Soviet Canuckistan then you are a Canuck.

What the distinguished moron from AZ read relates to Nato personnel, diplomats, foreign staff in the service f their country. Oliver Platt was born in Windsor, Ontario, Canada but his father was in the diplomatic corps of the United States so he was not granted Canadian citizenship.

(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person if, at the time of his birth, neither of his parents was a citizen or lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence and either of his parents was

(a) a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative or employee in Canada of a foreign government;

(b) an employee in the service of a person referred to in paragraph (a); or

© an officer or employee in Canada of a specialized agency of the United Nations or an officer or employee in Canada of any other international organization to whom there are granted, by or under any Act of Parliament, diplomatic privileges and immunities certified by the Minister of Foreign Affairs to be equivalent to those granted to a person or persons referred to in paragraph (a).

Order in cases of fraud

10. (1) Subject to section 18 but notwithstanding any other section of this Act, where the Governor in Council, on a report from the Minister, is satisfied that any person has obtained, retained, renounced or resumed citizenship under this Act by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances,

(a) the person ceases to be a citizen, or

(b) the renunciation of citizenship by the person shall be deemed to have had no effect,

as of such date as may be fixed by order of the Governor in Council with respect thereto.

Presumption

(2) A person shall be deemed to have obtained citizenship by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances if the person was lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances and, because of that admission, the person subsequently obtained citizenship.

1974-75-76, c. 108, s. 9.

Any further questions?

The section that has been misquoted applies to

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Canada instituted universal health care coverage for all legal residents, under an efficient government-run single payer model. Why can't we?

:rofl:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A rofl smiley. Clearly an ace on the high school debating team.

From a 2003 New England Journal of Medicine study:

Results In 1999, health administration costs totaled at least $294.3 billion in the United States, or $1,059 per capita, as compared with $307 per capita in Canada. After exclusions, administration accounted for 31.0 percent of health care expenditures in the United States and 16.7 percent of health care expenditures in Canada. Canada's national health insurance program had overhead of 1.3 percent; the overhead among Canada's private insurers was higher than that in the United States (13.2 percent vs. 11.7 percent). Providers' administrative costs were far lower in Canada.

Between 1969 and 1999, the share of the U.S. health care labor force accounted for by administrative workers grew from 18.2 percent to 27.3 percent. In Canada, it grew from 16.0 percent in 1971 to 19.1 percent in 1996. (Both nations' figures exclude insurance-industry personnel.)

Conclusions The gap between U.S. and Canadian spending on health care administration has grown to $752 per capita. A large sum might be saved in the United States if administrative costs could be trimmed by implementing a Canadian-style health care system.

I've dealt with the health care systems in both countries. I've seen first hand the time and paperwork spent in US hospital and doctor's offices on admission and insurance paperwork. I've also seen first hand the lack of such administrative overhead at points of health care delivery in Canada where a simple swipe of my OHIP card instantly dispensed with the paperwork and brought the discussion to the medical matter at hand.

Laugh if you must, but if all you have to offer are rofl smileys I'll stand with my opinion of the value of your arguments.

Timeline

:rofl:

Spent a lot of time walking around in the Texas sun without a hat, did you? If you had an ounce of sense you'd realize that Scandal just pwned you, big time.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That would be me. As usual the Representative got it wrong. Congress makes mistakes, can you imagine. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The act that has been in force since April 17, 2008 is Citizenship Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-29.

PART I

THE RIGHT TO CITIZENSHIP

Persons who are citizens

3. (1) Subject to this Act, a person is a citizen if

(a) the person was born in Canada after February 14, 1977;

If your old lady (no matter how she got here) dropped you in Soviet Canuckistan then you are a Canuck.

What the distinguished moron from AZ read relates to Nato personnel, diplomats, foreign staff in the service f their country. Oliver Platt was born in Windsor, Ontario, Canada but his father was in the diplomatic corps of the United States so he was not granted Canadian citizenship.

(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person if, at the time of his birth, neither of his parents was a citizen or lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence and either of his parents was

(a) a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative or employee in Canada of a foreign government;

(b) an employee in the service of a person referred to in paragraph (a); or

© an officer or employee in Canada of a specialized agency of the United Nations or an officer or employee in Canada of any other international organization to whom there are granted, by or under any Act of Parliament, diplomatic privileges and immunities certified by the Minister of Foreign Affairs to be equivalent to those granted to a person or persons referred to in paragraph (a).

Order in cases of fraud

10. (1) Subject to section 18 but notwithstanding any other section of this Act, where the Governor in Council, on a report from the Minister, is satisfied that any person has obtained, retained, renounced or resumed citizenship under this Act by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances,

(a) the person ceases to be a citizen, or

(b) the renunciation of citizenship by the person shall be deemed to have had no effect,

as of such date as may be fixed by order of the Governor in Council with respect thereto.

Presumption

(2) A person shall be deemed to have obtained citizenship by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances if the person was lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances and, because of that admission, the person subsequently obtained citizenship.

1974-75-76, c. 108, s. 9.

Any further questions?

The section that has been misquoted applies to

Great post. :thumbs:

Spent a lot of time walking around in the Texas sun without a hat, did you? If you had an ounce of sense you'd realize that Scandal just pwned you, big time.

;)

Timeline

A rofl smiley. Clearly an ace on the high school debating team.

From a 2003 New England Journal of Medicine study:

I've dealt with the health care systems in both countries. I've seen first hand the time and paperwork spent in US hospital and doctor's offices on admission and insurance paperwork. I've also seen first hand the lack of such administrative overhead at points of health care delivery in Canada where a simple swipe of my OHIP card instantly dispensed with the paperwork and brought the discussion to the medical matter at hand.

Laugh if you must, but if all you have to offer are rofl smileys I'll stand with my opinion of the value of your arguments.

I am currently dealing with the US paperwork blizzard (I have another window open and I coding claims as we speak) and anyone who wishes to argue that the US system is superior to the Canadian system in this and most other respects can kiss my azz. Morons don't know what they are talking about. If the government so inefficient, why not hire mercenaries to fight for the US? No need to waste billions on training and other programs, mercenaries are far better than any inefficient government-run program. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Let's abolish public health departments while we're at it.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

justashooter probably already knows this, but curiously enough, John Tanton's FAIR is behind a movement to get legislation that would attempt to end birthright citizenship in this country.

People need to wake up and realize that this racist ####### Tanton and his many deceptive anti-immigration organizations are behind all the hoopla over illegal immigration. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of their tactics.

See here

Racist pricks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If the government so inefficient, why not hire mercenaries to fight for the US?

do you really need an answer to that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!