InLove4ever

How do Adjudicators Determine How to Process a Case

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If the second filing of the I-129F occurs within (inside) two years of each other, then you are subject to the IMBRA rules and regulations for filing two I-129F forms within two years. This requires an informal waiver that you can easily write and I believe has always been granted. That is the easy part.

You need a waiver of the IMBRA filing limitations if:

1) You've had a petition approved within the past two years, or

2) You've filed two or more petitions previously, at any point in your life.

So, a second petition requires a waiver only if the first petition was approved within the past two years. Her petition will be denied, almost certainly. If the current petition is her first ever, then she won't need a waiver.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There's no chance in hell of that petition being approved.

Secondly, if you want to get through Casa you're gonna need a lot more than internet love and impassioned pleas.

Good luck to you on whatever path you choose.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So, a second petition requires a waiver only if the first petition was approved within the past two years. Her petition will be denied, almost certainly. If the current petition is her first ever, then she won't need a waiver.

Wait a second. I will copy the instructions from item 2 of the I-129F instructions.

"If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver...."

Now I believe when she files the next I-129F petition, that will make it the SECOND K-1 petition she has filed at ANY time in the past. She will have the ONE denied petition and the SECOND hopefully to be approved petition.

No, I think she needs the waiver. She will be meeting your condition #2 above. It does not say approved or denied.

What are you trying to say ???

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Never mind, I see #2 says two petitions PREVIOUS to the petition you are about to file, not that it is the second petition you are filing ever.

Yea, your right. I think she can skip the formality.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Jim,

Frankly that's how any reasonable person would read that but in practice, USCIS has been requiring the waiver request for the second petition within two years, even if for the same beneficiary. Since the waiver request is no more than two sentences in a cover letter, I advise including it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Jim,

Frankly that's how any reasonable person would read that but in practice, USCIS has been requiring the waiver request for the second petition within two years, even if for the same beneficiary. Since the waiver request is no more than two sentences in a cover letter, I advise including it.

Further, it sounds like we have the OP's attention and his thinking cap is on straight enough but I just wanted to add that the couple needs to completely discard any thoughts of entitlement in this process. Casablanca is one of the most difficult places to obtain a fiancee or spouse visa. They are not only going to need to be in a position financially to accomplish the process but will need some meaningful time together with plenty of documentation and interview preparation to go with it. Their eventual success is going to require a dramatically different approach in attitude, relationship building and documentation.

Fortunately there appears they will have plenty of time to study the cases of others going through Casa and be able to sufficiently prepare if they are so inclined.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There's no chance in hell of that petition being approved.

Secondly, if you want to get through Casa you're gonna need a lot more than internet love and impassioned pleas.Good luck to you on whatever path you choose.

I agree to that :thumbs: I visited my fiance 2 times prior to filing the first K1 and Casa was not convinced of our relationship, it took another 3 years of visiting and was approved on the 2nd K1. Get to know each other better in person, meet his family and learn the culture then try applying again.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Having said that, here are my questions. My fiancé (Morocco) and I (US Citizen) have not yet physically meet in person. We met on the Internet. So I made a passionate request to the USCIS office to have the requirement to physically meet within two years of filing the I-129F form waived due to financial hardship. I provided what I thought was pretty good evidence to support my claim of financial hardship, but I'm very anxious as to whether or not the adjudicator will feel that my claim of financial hardship is acceptable.

Hi. I also filed a petition for K-1. You should know that Casa is one of the toughest consulates out there. And the reason it is so tough is because there is so much fraud coming from Morocco. That being said, I did meet my fiancee and even spent three months with his family yet they still didn't believe it was a valid relationship. (We are getting married next month). Fiancial difficulty is not a valid reason for failure to meet. You are expected to have adequate finances or at least adequate financial support once he arrives anyway.

But here's something else to think about even if you do make it at interview.... do you really want to agree to marry someone you haven't met? Do your parents approve? Do his? All of these questions could possibly come up. It will be up to the two of you to prove a strong case.

Good luck.

Having said that, here are my questions. My fiancé (Morocco) and I (US Citizen) have not yet physically meet in person. We met on the Internet. So I made a passionate request to the USCIS office to have the requirement to physically meet within two years of filing the I-129F form waived due to financial hardship. I provided what I thought was pretty good evidence to support my claim of financial hardship, but I'm very anxious as to whether or not the adjudicator will feel that my claim of financial hardship is acceptable.

Hi. I also filed a petition for K-1. You should know that Casa is one of the toughest consulates out there. And the reason it is so tough is because there is so much fraud coming from Morocco. That being said, I did meet my fiancee and even spent three months with his family yet they still didn't believe it was a valid relationship. (We are getting married next month). Fiancial difficulty is not a valid reason for failure to meet. You are expected to have adequate finances or at least adequate financial support once he arrives anyway.

But here's something else to think about even if you do make it at interview.... do you really want to agree to marry someone you haven't met? Do your parents approve? Do his? All of these questions could possibly come up. It will be up to the two of you to prove a strong case. :thumbs:

Good luck.

I have had many casual friendships online before I met my now wife.

I did meet a handful (all of them stateside, none overseas) and most

often the online compatibility melted away within the first 5 minutes of meeting,

with only a few exceptions. Even those ones who were exceptions were not

worth meeting a second time. There was no way (even with my wife who I

had chatted with for 14 months before meeting) I would have made a

petition to bring someone here without knowing them in person. That

is coming from someone who is far enough from the poverty level to

support a K-1 petition.

It so happened that when we met in person it WAS love at first sight for both,

but that is extremely rare. Most often one is more enthusiastic than the other

and has to be convinced in order to be brought on board. When we met

we also mutually understood that the POE, the final goal, would most

likely be a few years off. In the end it was much MORE than a few years

and neither of us blamed the other for that happening, as we were more

than pleased when our dream was finally realized. A relationship that can

withstand the test of time is the best one. The OP is not that young, but also

not that old that maybe something can be worked out. Unfortunately the

K-1 sent before actually meeting will be a sobering lesson learned, but

that will ultimately give you the time to do it the right way.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.