JelloShotGirl

Manila airport

19 posts in this topic

Hey everyone what is a good price for2people from manila airport to ermita with 4 bags plus 2carry ons? thanx

Jello

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Just make sure they turn on the meter...demand it. I know from ermita to mall of asia (not quite the airport of course) it was like 70-80 pesos. It does depend on traffic, but I dont think it should be more than 150-200 pesos like Tahoma says.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

When I was there in November we took a yellow cab from the airport to Ermita (Bocobo St) for a little less than 250 php.

If you use other taxis, beware and I agree MAKE them put the meter on before you get in. I had one guy who I kept telling him to put the meter on and he would not do it so when we stopped at a traffic light I started to get out. At that point he put the meter on even though he was not very happy about it. Of course I didn't have any luggage at that time so I was not worried about loosing anything stored in the trunk.

Edited by Zai & Gary

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it depends which taxi you're going to ride, if it's an airport taxi the rate is around Php400-450 but if you will get the regular taxi then just ask for meter and you'll just end up paying like 100 the most but it's hard to get one

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last March coming from Terminal 1 I paid 200 going to the Bocobo, Rose was charged 750 from terminal 2 to the Bocobo for the Airport van service since there were no cabs allowed in there.

Back in September I almost punched a cab driver when my temper went off and he backed down but her was asking for $100 from Terminal to the Bocobo, that Airport is full of sharks you better watch out.

In my opinion the only one to trust is the Yellow cab at the International terminal. You have to wait in line a little but you give your destination to the guys at the podium at the curb and they record the information. The drivers always put the meter on without even asking them. We went to Casa Bocobo Hotel and it was less than 250 php, including the tip we gave the driver.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Timeline

I cant believe the odassity of some of these drivers, some of them will even tell you that the tip you give them is not enough. I was at the MOA and when I got to the cab the driver told me its 350 to the Bocobo due to its getting dark, again I lost my tempter and lashed out at him, he backed off when I told him to F off. Found another cab and paid 100 to the Mcdo right be the Bocobo.

It really gets on my nerves when these drivers know that you speak english or if you are stateside.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone what is a good price for2people from manila airport to ermita with 4 bags plus 2carry ons? thanx

Jello

Hi, I have just been to Manila for my medical and interview. My impression? Most Manila taxi drivers, if not all, are robbers! They rob passengers in broad daylight with our eyes open wide! They have their tactics in knowing if passengers know their way around Manila or not. They would ask questions what road to take in going to your destination and of course, being new in Manila you can't answer. They would also tell you it's heavy traffic going to your destination so you have to pay fixed rate which is triple to what the regular fare should be, giving you the impression that he is being nice by offering you this rather than paying high taxi fare. I was a victim of this.

When I came back to Manila, I asked airport employees where to ride regular taxi from the airport and they would give you directions which way to go out. You have to go up (this is actually the drop off area for departing passengers). Don't worry about your bags and things because you can still use the airport carts even inside the elevators. I did that. And yes, there are regular taxis out there. At first, the driver would try to employ to you the tactics, but it was my second time, so I know what to do already. I told him, I can only pay P120-150. If he can't take that, I'll go out and find another taxi. So he said okay. The distance between airport and Malate is really not that too far and traffic is not really that heavy as there are other roads they can take going to and from Malate. The last time I was there, the driver used the skyway which has very few cars and we get to the aiport around 10 minutes (he has a small clock on top the meter).

So don't hesitate to ask airport employees for directions.

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

Timeline

I cant believe the odassity of some of these drivers, some of them will even tell you that the tip you give them is not enough. I was at the MOA and when I got to the cab the driver told me its 350 to the Bocobo due to its getting dark, again I lost my tempter and lashed out at him, he backed off when I told him to F off. Found another cab and paid 100 to the Mcdo right be the Bocobo.

It really gets on my nerves when these drivers know that you speak english or if you are stateside.

I understand how you feel teamster631. MOA to Bocobo is not really that too far! You are actually generous, giving him a tip. Here in the Philippines, we are not obliged to give tips. Tipping is just done out of one's generosity for a good service rendered, not a requirement or an obligation.

I told the first taxi driver I rode with in my first time (I have already disembarked), he should feel lucky he is not in Davao, otherwise he is long gone by now. And he was speechless :rofl:

Timeline

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

Timeline

Last March coming from Terminal 1 I paid 200 going to the Bocobo, Rose was charged 750 from terminal 2 to the Bocobo for the Airport van service since there were no cabs allowed in there.

Back in September I almost punched a cab driver when my temper went off and he backed down but her was asking for $100 from Terminal to the Bocobo, that Airport is full of sharks you better watch out.

Yeah aolot of them are Buaya.

Just imagine I rode a cab from Bocobo to Robinsons, not that is very close, walking distance but it was 1 in the afternoon and very hot. The sucker tried to charge me 150 but when I told him that I am the nephew of Senator Lacson (before he became wanted) and the cabbie backed off and said PAY AS YOU LIKE...........

Ive been to DAVAO, GEN SAN and CEBU, the cabbies over there are not crooks like compared to Manila

Edited by teamster631

Timeline

Yeah aolot of them are Buaya.

Just imagine I rode a cab from Bocobo to Robinsons, not that is very close, walking distance but it was 1 in the afternoon and very hot. The sucker tried to charge me 150 but when I told him that I am the nephew of Senator Lacson (before he became wanted) and the cabbie backed off and said PAY AS YOU LIKE...........

Ive been to DAVAO, GEN SAN and CEBU, the cabbies over there are not crooks like compared to Manila

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I agree with you about cabbies in GenSan, Davao and Cebu. I live in GenSan and I am proud to say taxi drivers here are not buaya (crocodile). Davao drivers give you correct change of your fare even if it is just one peso (P1.00) unless they really don't have coins, but inform you and even try to apologize. In Cebu, there are a few crooks (maybe they came from and trained in Manila, hehehehe), but nothing compared to those in Manila. In Cagayan de Oro, taxi drivers are also not crooks even in Bohol.

Timeline

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I agree with you about cabbies in GenSan, Davao and Cebu. I live in GenSan and I am proud to say taxi drivers here are not buaya (crocodile). Davao drivers give you correct change of your fare even if it is just one peso (P1.00) unless they really don't have coins, but inform you and even try to apologize. In Cebu, there are a few crooks (maybe they came from and trained in Manila, hehehehe), but nothing compared to those in Manila. In Cagayan de Oro, taxi drivers are also not crooks even in Bohol.

Yeah I totally agree with you, when I was in Gensan, I rode a cab from Provido Village to Polomolok and he only charged me 100. The Buaya Cabbies in Manila will not give you your change, its like the automaitcally assume that you are giving it to them. SUCH A55holes !!!!

Edited by teamster631

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.