w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Rush Limbaugh: Environmentalist wackos caused oil spill to celebrate Earth Day

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

While there's not yet any indication as to what caused the disastrous explosion that sunk a British Petroleum drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico, right-wing radio personality Rush Limbaugh has come up with a rather coy suggestion: "environmentalist wackos" did it.

Noting that the explosion happened on Earth Day, the man sometimes known as the GOP's de-facto leader spun a web of happenstance in which "the jury" was "still out," but "the regime" will let everyone know what really went down.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0429/rush-limbaugh-hints-oil-rig-explosion-environmental-terrorism/

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually heard this yesterday during my lunch hour..

Some guy called in asking if it was thought it could have been done on purpose.

Limbaugh basically said there was no evidence of anything, but being on the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, you can't rule things out.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that's a bit of a stretch, "environmentalist wackos" did it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I actually heard this yesterday during my lunch hour..

Some guy called in asking if it was thought it could have been done on purpose.

Limbaugh basically said there was no evidence of anything, but being on the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, you can't rule things out.

Ok now that sounds a little more reasonable, from the OP your led to believe he is outright accusing them. Considering the timing of the spill it is definitely something to consider. Proof of course is needed.

Edited by _Simpson_

Ok now that sounds a little more reasonable, from the OP your led to believe he is outright accusing them. Considering the timing of the spill it is definitely something to consider. Proof of course is needed.

There are links to the audio at the source page. I haven't listened to it since I'm at work.

The really sad part about this is that so many will actually believe him...

Otherwise it would be so funny...

werd.gif

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

While I believe it was an accident because BP is not some negligent profit first US company but what a bloody disaster. Then again I was shocked to read that the Alaskans are still cleaning up the Valdez disaster, which Exxon are yet to pay out.

I actually like what BP offered, the US government should have cleaned Alaska and then sent Exxon the bill. $100 billion, $500 billion, tough titties. Yes even if it meant bringing in new rocks.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Yes even if it meant bringing in new rocks.

:lol: and a few years later, some enterprising young journalist would profile the mountain that companies stripped to provide alaska with said rocks and then interview the tribals who were displaced as a result...

There are links to the audio at the source page. I haven't listened to it since I'm at work.

I went and listened to the audio and he does strongly suggest that this was no accident by pointing out that swat teams were sent down there. He does point out that the timing is unusual but never outright accuses Environmentalist wackos but one could easily assume that he strongly believes this could be the case.

:lol: and a few years later, some enterprising young journalist would profile the mountain that companies stripped to provide alaska with said rocks and then interview the tribals who were displaced as a result...

Come on. A pissant country like Dubai built a freagin island in the ocean, while 20 years later we are still cleaning up a spill.

When oil rigs are that close to land, there should be provisions and safety measures like 100 miles of those oil containing floating buoys ready to go.