dbarker2

K3 Visa Approved at Ciudad Juarez

18 posts in this topic

Hey, I was wondering if you got your visa yet? It's pretty upsetting that they're taking so long.

If you haven't gotten it yet, I would definitely go to the information window because you are outside the 5-day timeline. I can't find any information about it on the consulate website, but they do have the US Citizen hours.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/service.html

If it's not ready right away, you can ask if they can send it to wherever she is from, which although unlikely that they would do so, has worked so far in 2 waiver cases. Obviously, my advice is not expert advice, but I am just offering the solutions I would think of were I having to pay for a week's worth of hotel rooms.

Good luck and I hope we hear the good news soon!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Hey! Sorry for not updating. Monday afternoon around 3:30 our visa showed up as ready so we hopped in a taxi, picked it up, got our luggage and crossed into El Paso :) We are now in Colorado for a few days with my family and everything is going great. I am getting ready to right my consulate review. I will make it as in depth as possible for anyone else who goes to Juarez :) Thanks for all your advice everyone!

I'm so glad to hear that! Enjoy married life together and getting ready for the new baby! The consulate review will be much appreciated.

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.