cherish_berries

How to best prepare/present documents in the interview

16 posts in this topic

Hi VJ friends,

I got my interview date today and it will be on June 1.

Is there a link/topic here in VJ wherein I can use as reference on how I can best present my documents to the CO.

I know there are lots of successful/easy interview experiences with proper document preparation/presentation from the members in their interview

Thank you in advance

We were approved

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

Hi VJ friends,

Is there a link/topic here in VJ wherein I can use as reference on how I can best present my documents to the CO.

I know there are lots of successful/easy interview experiences with proper document preparation/presentation from the members in their interview

Thank you in advance

here is the link http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

its also helpful to read some experiences of people here. Congrats and Goodluck

My wife bought a folder that had about 15 pages in it to slide the documents in so they were neat and orderly....also so she could find them really quick. :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

You can use my style as one of your references.

Preparation of Documents for my Interview

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah..i agree with scott and may :thumbs: ..i just prepared mine in 3 folders,my first folders was DOCUMENTS OF IDENTIFICATION PAPERS-Which are *NSO bc,*CENOMAR,*NBI clearance,*Police clearance,*Petitioner's Divorce Decree,2nd- DOCUMENTS OF AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT-Which are *Form l-134,*Petitioner's employment letter,*2007-09 tax copies.* earning statement,*recent pay stubs copies,3rd- DOCUMENTS OF PROOF OF MEETINGS,PHOTOS AND ENGAGEMEN-which are *Renewed letter of intent to marry,*EMAILS,CHATLOGS,CALL LOGS,*MONEY REMITTNCE REEIPTS,*PHOTOS(FAMILY AND FRIENDS),*SCREEN SHOTS OF YAHOO OR SKYPE,*AIRLINES TICKETS/BOARDING PASSES.that is all..make it nice and in orderly,so that u will not too long to get it when they need it...GOODLUCK GIRL..get the PINK... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it is easy,but on the first time i feel nervous on that time,but when u already there it will rid it all your feelings..hehehhe...u will feel happy when u done and go out in the embacy having the PINK SLIP..... :D:D

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

To,

Matt n Rian

oliver-chris

scottandmhay

cutie_patootie

Thanks, these are all very impressive. These will help others as well

I will need to get these folders and start organizing ASAP.

yeah..i agree with scott and may :thumbs: ..i just prepared mine in 3 folders,my first folders was DOCUMENTS OF IDENTIFICATION PAPERS-Which are *NSO bc,*CENOMAR,*NBI clearance,*Police clearance,*Petitioner's Divorce Decree,2nd- DOCUMENTS OF AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT-Which are *Form l-134,*Petitioner's employment letter,*2007-09 tax copies.* earning statement,*recent pay stubs copies,3rd- DOCUMENTS OF PROOF OF MEETINGS,PHOTOS AND ENGAGEMEN-which are *Renewed letter of intent to marry,*EMAILS,CHATLOGS,CALL LOGS,*MONEY REMITTNCE REEIPTS,*PHOTOS(FAMILY AND FRIENDS),*SCREEN SHOTS OF YAHOO OR SKYPE,*AIRLINES TICKETS/BOARDING PASSES.that is all..make it nice and in orderly,so that u will not too long to get it when they need it...GOODLUCK GIRL..get the PINK... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it is easy,but on the first time i feel nervous on that time,but when u already there it will rid it all your feelings..hehehhe...u will feel happy when u done and go out in the embacy having the PINK SLIP..... :D:D

:thumbs::thumbs: I love VJ...

We were approved

It's a long weekend here since we have Labor Day, this will be my best time to get these things started

I need to buy some ink for the printer so I can do this screen shots.

Thanks for your tips charlie&pam

We were approved

Timeline

It's a long weekend here since we have Labor Day, this will be my best time to get these things started

I need to buy some ink for the printer so I can do this screen shots.

Thanks for your tips charlie&pam

welcome sis..goodluck....GODBLESS...

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I advise you to make your papers easy to look for and well organized. Don't staple or fastened them as you will have a hard time taking your papers off one by one. Make it formal, organized and clean. You can check out the link on my signature for tips if you want :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

I advise you to make your papers easy to look for and well organized. Don't staple or fastened them as you will have a hard time taking your papers off one by one. Make it formal, organized and clean. You can check out the link on my signature for tips if you want :)

Thanks ! saw it! very nice!

We were approved

Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

Thank you in advance

Hello sis how are you?

here's i can share to you some tips in organizing your documents. Hope you like it...

I got this idea in some VJers too

• Visa Application Process Letters
    -NOA1
    -NOA2
    -NVC Letter
    -Appointment letter from the USEM
    B. DS Forms
    -2 copies each of DS 156 and DS 157 (stamped by BDO)
    -DS 156K
    -2 pieces 2x2 US passport photo in white background
    -Interview/Visa Processing Fee Payment Receipt from BDO
    C. Identification papers
    - NSO Birth certificate
    - NBI Clearance
    - Cenomar
    - Police Certificate/s from the countries you stayed in for 6 months or more.
    Other identification papers that were asked from other applicants
    - Baptismal Certificate
    - Divorce decrees
    - Death certificates
    - Annulment papers
    D. Affidavit of Support
    - Form I-134
    - Employment Letter
    - Tax Transcript
    - W2 Copy
    - Recent Pay Stubs
    E. Proof of Engagement
    - Renewed Letter of Intent
    - Engagement Ring Receipt (if there’s any)
    - Engagement Photos (with Captions)
    - Wedding Rings Design (optional)
    F. Other Documents for Proof of Continuous Relationship
    - Snail mails, cards and postal envelopes
    - E-mails
    -Yahoo Chat Messenger Archive Screen Shot
    - Sample Yahoo Messenger Conversation
    - Copy of Phone Bills
    G. Proof of Meeting Prior to Application
    - Plane Ticket
    - Boarding Pass
    -Pictures together
    TIPS in organizing your documents:
    1. Make your documents look very presentable and clutter-free. Your organization will make it easy for you and the consul. You may even win some smiles from the grumpiest Filipino interviewers and consuls!
    2. Use side tabs for easy reference.
    3. Use color-coding, but avoid neons!
    4. Use button fasteners, instead of long fasteners.
    5. DO NOT stack your papers too thick. They will not pass through the slot. Maximum thickness should be half an inch. And make sure that the stack will be flexible enough, as they will be bent when passing though the slot.
    6. DO NOT use hard-bound covers, hard side binders, and thick photo-albums. In fact, drop the idea. You might earn the ire of a grumpy Filipino interviewer if your documents and photos are in hard covers, and you would find yourself taking them out from the binder one at a time.
    7. Use paper clips if you dont have plastic separates. Plastic separates are ideal for thick stack of papers like affidavit of support papers (if you don’t want to put them in folders), snail mails and cards, identification documents, and other papers that you need to take out in haste.
    8. Know where your documents are! Dont mix your proof of relationship documents with the financial documents.
    9. Your documents should be COMPLETE! Some applicants left the embassy in tears, and were put in AR because they lacked important documents.
    <br style=""> Be confident enough, don't be so stressful, tell the truth, give your best and lastly ALWAYS PRAY...

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Patience is the greatest of all virtues"

Hello sis how are you?

here's i can share to you some tips in organizing your documents. Hope you like it...

I got this idea in some VJers too

• Visa Application Process Letters
    -NOA1
    -NOA2
    -NVC Letter
    -Appointment letter from the USEM
    B. DS Forms
    -2 copies each of DS 156 and DS 157 (stamped by BDO)
    -DS 156K
    -2 pieces 2x2 US passport photo in white background
    -Interview/Visa Processing Fee Payment Receipt from BDO
    C. Identification papers
    - NSO Birth certificate
    - NBI Clearance
    - Cenomar
    - Police Certificate/s from the countries you stayed in for 6 months or more.
    Other identification papers that were asked from other applicants
    - Baptismal Certificate
    - Divorce decrees
    - Death certificates
    - Annulment papers
    D. Affidavit of Support
    - Form I-134
    - Employment Letter
    - Tax Transcript
    - W2 Copy
    - Recent Pay Stubs
    E. Proof of Engagement
    - Renewed Letter of Intent
    - Engagement Ring Receipt (if there’s any)
    - Engagement Photos (with Captions)
    - Wedding Rings Design (optional)
    F. Other Documents for Proof of Continuous Relationship
    - Snail mails, cards and postal envelopes
    - E-mails
    -Yahoo Chat Messenger Archive Screen Shot
    - Sample Yahoo Messenger Conversation
    - Copy of Phone Bills
    G. Proof of Meeting Prior to Application
    - Plane Ticket
    - Boarding Pass
    -Pictures together
    TIPS in organizing your documents:
    1. Make your documents look very presentable and clutter-free. Your organization will make it easy for you and the consul. You may even win some smiles from the grumpiest Filipino interviewers and consuls!
    2. Use side tabs for easy reference.
    3. Use color-coding, but avoid neons!
    4. Use button fasteners, instead of long fasteners.
    5. DO NOT stack your papers too thick. They will not pass through the slot. Maximum thickness should be half an inch. And make sure that the stack will be flexible enough, as they will be bent when passing though the slot.
    6. DO NOT use hard-bound covers, hard side binders, and thick photo-albums. In fact, drop the idea. You might earn the ire of a grumpy Filipino interviewer if your documents and photos are in hard covers, and you would find yourself taking them out from the binder one at a time.
    7. Use paper clips if you dont have plastic separates. Plastic separates are ideal for thick stack of papers like affidavit of support papers (if you don’t want to put them in folders), snail mails and cards, identification documents, and other papers that you need to take out in haste.
    8. Know where your documents are! Dont mix your proof of relationship documents with the financial documents.
    9. Your documents should be COMPLETE! Some applicants left the embassy in tears, and were put in AR because they lacked important documents.
    <br style=""> Be confident enough, don't be so stressful, tell the truth, give your best and lastly ALWAYS PRAY...

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :thumbs:

We were approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't add anything to all of these good suggestions, but...

You'll be shocked at the number of people who will show up in street clothes and proceed to fumble through mix-matched stacks of random documents searching for things that may or may not be there. Strangely enough, it appeared a lot of those folks received blue slips and were going to have to come back for a second round. :bonk:

I'm not correlating a lack of forethought and preparation to not being approved or anything crazy like that...

Good luck! Like anything else, being properly dressed and well organized pays dividends. And that's coming from a guy that's been in nothing but a tee-shirt, shorts and flip-flops for the last six months!

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

Hi, thanks for the all the tips, they're very helpful.

When you mean not using staples, say i want to staple all the pages (~6 pgs) of my tax return copy is that alright? Or everything should be paperclipped?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.