Fudpukker

Postal ID

23 posts in this topic

Do you know if it has to be at the MAIN NBI station ? She is from Leyte and will have to go to the NBI Tacloban which is about a 4 to 5 hr ride from where she lives.

hey hi,base on what i know its available in CEBU and manila only. she would be able to get it in a few minutes. just bring her NBI clearance.

happier than ever

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Speaking of which may be a little off topic, I was at the NEVADA DMV turning in my WASHINGTON STATE drivers license in exchange for a NEVADA DRIVERS LICENSE, the attendant asked for proof of ID, I showed her my WASHINGTON STATE DL and she told me that the DMV does not accept DRIVERS LICENSES as a form of ID................how weird.......

Here's California weird one for you. When I moved from Alaska last yr, I went to CA DMV to get a CA license. They asked me for my AK license so I wouldn't have to retake the driving test. I handed my "vaild" AK DL to the gal at the counter then she punch a hole in the date section with a hole puncher and "invalidated" the license n told me to take a seat and wait for my number. Then another gal called my number for the written test and asked me for some "vaild" ID. I gave her my license and she said .."this has been invalidated".... :bonk: Lucky I had a SS Card and credit cards and such....

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's California weird one for you. When I moved from Alaska last yr, I went to CA DMV to get a CA license. They asked me for my AK license so I wouldn't have to retake the driving test. I handed my "vaild" AK DL to the gal at the counter then she punch a hole in the date section with a hole puncher and "invalidated" the license n told me to take a seat and wait for my number. Then another gal called my number for the written test and asked me for some "vaild" ID. I gave her my license and she said .."this has been invalidated".... :bonk: Lucky I had a SS Card and credit cards and such....

WOW thats weird...........

You know when I was living in Adak, Alaska, you weren't required to have your photo on your DL, right where your photo would be it would say VALID WITHOUT PHOTO..... that was back in 1990, try that in todays world....

I could get the valid without photo, but I would also have to show some sort of picture ID (so that defeats the purpose right?). That is crazy what California did. that's the only good thing about the military...if I am not in the state my driver's license is from, in most cases, I do not have to renew it and it is still valid after the expiration date until I were to go back to the state my driver's license is from.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

I could get the valid without photo, but I would also have to show some sort of picture ID (so that defeats the purpose right?). That is crazy what California did. that's the only good thing about the military...if I am not in the state my driver's license is from, in most cases, I do not have to renew it and it is still valid after the expiration date until I were to go back to the state my driver's license is from.

Yeah I miss the things you can get away with in the Military, your in AK so you are considered overseas. So they still issue the VALID WITHOUT PHOTO over there ? wow....

Timeline

what airlines ?

As mentioned by one member here, we do have the PAL and Cebu Pacific as airlines for domestic flights.

If it sounds difficult for your girl to get an NBI card due to distance constraints, better yet she calls or talks to any airline representative and ask if a Postal ID would suffice.

Also, I opened a savings account at BDO, and I showed my Postal ID and NBI certificate. No questions asked. I always keep my nursing license and passport as the last ID's to show.

I was able to make a Special Power of Attorney letter which I left to my sister, before I flew here to the US, using my Postal ID. And now, I left my Postal ID in the Philippines as it won't have any use here in the US.

But if it is possible and easy for your wife to get an NBI Card, then go for it. It is better to be prepared and avoid problems.

Thank you,

SoPinay

Yeah I miss the things you can get away with in the Military, your in AK so you are considered overseas. So they still issue the VALID WITHOUT PHOTO over there ? wow....

Almost all states will do that for the military if you want to renew your license from out of the state.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

She should not have any problems for flying. Before my asawa even had a Passport she would fly between Manila and Tacloban with only a postal ID and never had any problems.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.