20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

KGH

Have you tried to put yourself in your shoes.. Maybe you can't (as men we aren't always that sensitive) but, you're talking about a human being with emotions and concerns that all of us deal with..

I don't know you very well, but from the things you described in your post, your wife came a very long distance to be with YOU! I think she was counting on your support and needs your understanding now more than ever before.. You just can not be insensitive at this time..

She had to have endured many things to be where you are at this time, the least you can do is try to help her through this by letting her know that one thing she can depend is you! Life in the USA is not as easy for outsiders to adjust to, work with her and try to understand her..

My fiance and I have talked about this at great length.. we both know that the adjustment will take the both of us to help her though the changes..

Please think long and hard about this.. I am sure of one thing, you are not the first couple in this situation to experience the dificulties encountered in a big adustment like this...

Kenny

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi KGH,

I meant to write you and be of assistance, if any. Please do not rush a decision. Make sure you have exhausted all options. Marriage is a rather bumpy journey, let alone immigration. We are Iranians, as such, we carry additional burden due to what is going on with Iran. That situation has affected all of us inside and out, one way or another. There are many issues involved that your description of your difficulties does not clarify. If you feel comfortable and willing, please contact me directly. We will get in touch via email and telephone to see if the decision you make is best for all.

Regards,

Kian.

Yes you can write in and cancel the I-864. Up until the greencard is approved you have the ability to do this. It is a very serious decision with very serious consequences. You will need to divorce your wife and she will also need to leave the country.

They don't HAVE to divorce. Though one would assume that is a likely outcome if she is going to be in Iran and he will be here.

SA4userbar.jpg

I would counsel patience here, lots of it. My wife had been here before and STILL had some adjustment issues. Her best girlfriend said that three years is a good time period for full comfort. First year you miss EVERYTHING about back home, and spend time getting used to doing without most of the people and things you love there. Second year, you are OK, but feel torn between two homes now, and still need to reach a comfort level with all things American. Third year, you make your peace with the new culture, it doesn't feel strange now, and you settle into (you hope) happiness.

A certain amount of hysterics early on comes with the territory.

Excellent explanation, Brad. I hope these two can work it out.

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline

I don't believe there's a formal process to revoke the Affidavit of support ( I 864 ). A good freind of mine recently attempted to go this route as his wife refused to sign the divorce papers. He had done infopass and was told he had to file divorce for USCIS to do anything with his revocations of the Affidavit of support and AOS.

He had sent a certified and notorized letter to the chicago lock box and one to the benefits center without any response of confirmation that USCIS has received. We walked into infopass and was told again that he needed to file divorce.

**** filed K3/CR1 concurrently. My wife and I both work/live overseas. The following timeline continues from the approval of the K3 VISA.

Our journey
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115855

NVC rec'd 130/ assigned case# 5-15-08
Called to request online payment ID# 5-18-08
Rec'd ds 3032/AOS bill by USPS 5-19-08
Rec'd email Online ID# for payment of AOS and DS3032 5-21-08
Returned ds 3032 by USPS during wife visit to U.S. on K3--5-29-09
Paid AOS online: 7-05-09 ( While in Cambodia )
Rec'd email to pay IV bill 7-7-09
Paid IV bill online 7-08-09
Mailed I-864 2-16-10
I- 864 delivered 2-18-10
Mailed DS 230 2-22-10
Ds 230 delivered 2-24-10
AVR says "NVC is awaiting biographic info from petitioner" 2-24-10
AVR says, "NVC has received the info checklist requested." NVC HAS ENTERED DS-230 INTO COMPUTER 3-01-10
SIF: 3-08-10
AVR Case Complete: 3-09-10
Rec'd interview email/date: 3-15-10
Medical: 4-09-10
INTERVIEW( less than 5 minutes ): 4-26-10 APPROVED
Pickup Visa: 4-30-10
POE: LAX 5/31/10
Overnight REENTRY Permit app: 6/01/10
Rec'd SS: 6-10-10
Rec'd Welcome to USA Letter + Green Card Tracking #: 6-14-10
Rec'd NOA1 letter + receipt # for reentry permit: 6-14-10
Rec'd 10 Yr. GC: 6-21-10
Rec'd Bio appt for reentry permit 7-18-10 but changed to 6-28-10 thru INFOpass: 6-25-10
REentry touches: 9-6-10, 9-29-10, 10-4-10
Rec'd email Reentry mailed 10-07-10
Rec'd reentry permit 10-09-10 ( 4 mths 1 wk )

Naturalized 04/2016

Received US Passport 05/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.