Danni and Hamza

Packet 3 in Algeria

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We got Packet 3 via email yesterday. I will let you know exactly what I've had to do once I know what that is. :)

Thanks Mandy, I would appreciate at it !! YOUR ALMOST THERE !!! YAY! Hope the rest of the journey, is super speedy for you!

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Timeline

This is the exact wording of the letter we received to show what the requirements for Packet 3 are:

VISA INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIANCEE NON-lMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

This office has received a petition entitling you to the K-1/K2 nonimmigrant visa classification as an alien proceeding to the United States to marry an U.S citizen. To prepare for your interview appointment with a consular officer, please read and follow carefully the instructions below.

FIRST: Fill out in DUPLICATE, on the website http://evisaforms.state.gov the form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application, together with a single copy of the attached Forms DS-1 56(K), Nonimmigrant Fiancée Visa Application and form DS-157. All questions on Form DS-1 56(K) must be answered, but do NOT Sign it. If your children will apply with you, two copies of form DS-156 for each child must be completed in full.

(

SECOND: Obtain the following documents on this check list which pertain to you. Do NOT send them to this office.

Passport: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. Children may be included in a parent's passport, but if over the age of 16, they must have their own passport.

Birth Certificate: Original birth certificate of each person named in the application is required. Birth records must be presented for unmarried children under age 21, even if they are not applying for a visa at this time.

Unobtainable birth certificates: If an official birth certificate is not obtainable, present the best possible secondary evidence, such as a baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, school records, and/or a notarized affidavit from your parents.

Police Certificates: Each applicant age 16 or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality where the applicant has resided for six months or more since attaining the age of sixteen. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable. The consular office will advise you about any particular country.

Court and Prison Records: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty or pardon.

Military Records: A certified copy of any military record is required.

Photographs: Two (2) color photographs are required. The photographs must be 2”x 2” (5cmx5cm) on glossy paper, unretouched and unmounted, with white background. No head covering or dark glasses should be worn.

Certificate of No Marriage: A single person has to obtain an Original certificate of non marriage.

Termination of Prior Marriage: Applicant and petitioner who have been previously married must obtain evidence of the termination of EACH prior marriage. Evidence must be in the form of original documents issued by a competent authority, or certified copies bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority as a final divorce decree, annulment or death certificate.

Evidence of Support: Evidence of financial support comes from the petitioner, evidence, which will show that you and your children, if any, are not likely to become public charges in the United States. If an affidavit of support is to be submitted, Form 1-134 should be used. and provides his/her last years of income tax returns (Forms W-2 and 1040) and a job letter stating how long he/she has had his/her job and how much money he/she makes annually.

Medical Examination: Arrange for a medical examination with the physician listed on the attached information sheet. You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each child who will accompany you.

- For applicants 15 years of age and over, including a chest radiograph, the fee will not exceed 2500AD

- The fee for applicants under 15 years of age will not exceed 1800 AD.

Evidence of Relationship: You may be asked to submit proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with your petitioner. It is useful to bring with you letters, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement.

Translation: All documents not in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Visa Fee: The application for nonimmigrant visa is U.S. $131, or the local currency equivalent

Each applicant must be prepared to pay this fee on the appointment date,

ONLY ONE COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT, EXCEPT PHOTOGRAPHS, IS REQUIRED. HOWEVER, YOU ARE ADVISED TO OBTAIN AND KEEP A DUPLICATE COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.

THIRD: As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that apply in your case, call or send an e-mail to consular section for appointment. you will be scheduled for a visa interview at the earliest possible date. You should bring all of the above pertinent documents and the application forms with you to the interview.

Enclosures:

1. Form OF-156 (K) Nonimmigrant Fiancée Visa Application

4. Form DS –157

5. Medical Examination Instructions and forms

Note: Le formulaire de visa DS-156 doit être compléter et imprimer en deux exemplaires sur le site Internet : http://evisaforms.state.gov

Timeline

Hey Mandy

Thanks for posting this for me. This is very helpful, Another VJ'er sent me somthing very similar to this as well. I love all the help that comes from VJ, its great to feel part of a community who have something in common, and can share so much ! Hamza is already working on getting some of these things ready. Others we are waiting on, for a little bit. The military papers, I guess have a 3 month validity... So we dont want to get them to soon, only to let them expire. ANYWAY... Good luck, with the next steps in the process... and you will have to let us know about the interview, when it comes :)

thanks again

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.