Danni and Hamza

Packet 3 in Algeria

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I have read and heard horrible things about the Paris embassy. I went there when I was in Paris and knew nothing and they were very rude to me. I hear much better reports of the embassy in Algeria. I don't see reports of as much AP from there. I'm hopeful this plays in my favor and also in yours. :) Also, my fiance left France of his own free will to return to Algeria to wait. So I think this will also show proof that we are a real couple. Algerian men in Europe don't tend to go back to Algeria unless they are SURE they will be able to get back out.

Yeah, that's for sure! Brahim came 9 years ago to Paris and overstayed his visa, asking consistently for a residence card here ever since, but none was ever granted. You should have seen the hurdles we went through at the Algerian Embassy here to get his passport renewed - I had to give a sworn statement, notarized by the US Embassy in Paris that we were indeed leaving France on this visa - it took 10 months of trying to convince them and standing in line for hours each time (from Jan 2009 - Oct 2009). Of course we couldn't file our paperwork with the Embassy until he had a current passport. And I thought that was tough! That hurdle overcome, here we are, still waiting in April.

He actually wouldn't mind at all to go home for a while, but he obviously wouldn't be admitted back to France, so it'd be a one way trip.

He's Arab, by the way.

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes, going home to Algeria was a HUGE thing for Ghani to do. And the decision was not made lightly. But in the end, it was a choice between us never being able to be together or him going back to Algeria, so he went. It was definetly a one way thing. We will go back to France in the future... but it will be after he has an American passport. LOL

I hope your AP ends soon.

Ghani is Berber. Do your men come from giant families? Ghani is one of 13 kids!

Timeline

Hamza is Berber,he has 3 brothers and 2 sisters.... so not too large :P

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Timeline

Brahim has 12 brothers and sisters, none of whom live here.

You mentioned not being able to be together if he stayed in France...but we were able (at least pending AP) to do this with a K3. The embassy here won't give an I-130 because he's not a resident, but they will give an I-129F because we were married here and the consulate of the country where the marriage takes place is the consulate responsible to provide the visa. A bit of a loop hole, and I wonder if that's what's causing the lengthy extra processing.

How long was Ghani living in Paris? Agreed it's very hard here for 'sans papiers', but he's always made it work in the past. Just can't wait to get home with my wonderful husband and introduce him to all the wonderful things that my small home town offers. After living in Paris this long, thinking I don't EVER want to come back :)

Meredith & Brahim

Timeline

Ghani entered France illegally. He was never legal there. So even getting legally married in France was not an option for us. The American Embassy in Paris told us that him going home was the only option. So he went home.

He got to Paris in December 2007. I met him there in January 2008. The first time he ever saw the Eiffel Tower we were together. :) It's been an awesome ride so far down this visa path. I'm ready to see the end of it though. I know that after he gets here there is still AOS and all that but he'll BE here then and that's the hardest thing. The seperation. You are very lucky to have been able to go stay in Paris with your husband. I'm glad you were able to do it. :)

Timeline

thanks, i'm glad too, but it's coming to an end in less than two weeks.

hate to tell you this, but the us embassy misinformed you - you could have gotten married here in paris - we did. the (ridiculous) documents you need to bring with you to get married are: two forms that prove domicile (a lease or quittance de loyer and an electric bill or insurance bill), and your personal ID (brahim's passport was expired, but we got an official 'request for passport' doc w/his photo from the algerian consulate), then stupid things like an affidavit that says you're single, etc. we amassed all of these and got married after about 4 months of back and forth with the mayor's office.

but i think ghani made a better choice than brahim to be honest. and we're still contemplating that choice, but fear we're so close to the end, what would be the point of going back to algeria now just in case it screws up the delivery of the visa. mind you if it doesn't come by september (god, can't believe i just typed that!), he'll have to go back cause the algerian consulate sure isn't going to renew his passport a second time. we'll cross that chasm when we come to it.

best of luck to you and hope you get to visit algeria during the visa journey! i can't wait to go and meet the very large family that calls me 'sara' because they don't get meredith :)

Meredith & Brahim

Timeline

I'm glad we didn't get married. We'll get to do it the way we want this way. And it seems that the married couples have a lot longer wait and a lot more ####### to go thru. Of course we have all the AOS an dall that to go thru too. It's ####### all around! LOL

But just being with the person you love is the most important thing.

I really do hope it all comes together for you soon. I will go to Algeria but it won't be until after we are married and he's free to travel and return to the US. :) Oh what a wonderful day that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

This all sounds so familiar. My fiance entered Spain on a visitors visa and after being there for five years applied for his work visa and residency and got it about a year ago. Lhamdullilah.

I´m hoping this will make it easier. Otherwise he may have to join your husbands ex-Europa.

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

Apr 26, 2008 We got engaged

Jan 14, 2010 Left Spain alone to the US to work & begin immigration

Feb 11, 2010 Mailed our I-129F and received NOA1

May 05, 2010 NOA2

May 10, 2010 NVC Confirms receipt & that packet sent to Madrid today

May 14, 2010 Madrid receives case and I receive a job offer!!!

May 20, 2010 Packet 3 Received

May 24, 2010 Packet 3 Sent

Jun 14, 2010 Packet 4 Received

Jul 08, 2010 Flight to Spain to see my baby!

Jul 29, 2010 Return to US

Aug 09, 2010 Medical Exam

Aug 11, 2010 Interview in Madrid

Aug 12, 2010 My "interview" with Madrid

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 15, 2010 Flight home to me

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

Feb 04, 2010 Green Card Interview- Approved

event.png

Timeline

I'm glad we didn't get married. We'll get to do it the way we want this way. And it seems that the married couples have a lot longer wait and a lot more ####### to go thru. Of course we have all the AOS an dall that to go thru too. It's ####### all around! LOL

But just being with the person you love is the most important thing.

I really do hope it all comes together for you soon. I will go to Algeria but it won't be until after we are married and he's free to travel and return to the US. :) Oh what a wonderful day that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

It sure is #######. You're taking the right route, wish we'd done the same. Too late now! It's hard after all this time, to just be zen and remember that you're actually with the person you love. I physically try to do that every day, but I forget - and along the visa journey I was so impatient for the next step to happen, AP is the worst! But the visa will come soon, we know.

Wishing you both a very happy life together, it will be wonderful once we're all settled and rejoined with our respective Algerians in the US!!

Meredith & Brahim

Timeline

This all sounds so familiar. My fiance entered Spain on a visitors visa and after being there for five years applied for his work visa and residency and got it about a year ago. Lhamdullilah.

I´m hoping this will make it easier. Otherwise he may have to join your husbands ex-Europa.

You'll be fine and the residency will make it much easier. Wishing you a speedy journey!

(My husband is till in Europe, going back to Algeria was the last resort and a possibility if we don't get the visa before September (when his passport expires), but I can't imagine that AP will take that long!)

Meredith & Brahim

Timeline

I'm getting annoyed that his packet arrived in Algeria on April 1 and they still aren't doing anything with it. There's really no reason they can have for things to take so long. Mine was, according to DHL the ONLY package sent to Algeria on the day it was sent. Just ready for this to be over. BLAH!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello all, I just wanted to let you know I got my NOA2 about 20 minutes ago by text!

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

Apr 26, 2008 We got engaged

Jan 14, 2010 Left Spain alone to the US to work & begin immigration

Feb 11, 2010 Mailed our I-129F and received NOA1

May 05, 2010 NOA2

May 10, 2010 NVC Confirms receipt & that packet sent to Madrid today

May 14, 2010 Madrid receives case and I receive a job offer!!!

May 20, 2010 Packet 3 Received

May 24, 2010 Packet 3 Sent

Jun 14, 2010 Packet 4 Received

Jul 08, 2010 Flight to Spain to see my baby!

Jul 29, 2010 Return to US

Aug 09, 2010 Medical Exam

Aug 11, 2010 Interview in Madrid

Aug 12, 2010 My "interview" with Madrid

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 15, 2010 Flight home to me

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

Feb 04, 2010 Green Card Interview- Approved

event.png

Timeline

Hello all, I just wanted to let you know I got my NOA2 about 20 minutes ago by text!

Thats Great news Meghan!!! I will be wishing it a quick journey to NVC and on to the embassy !!

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.