Vegabond

K2 in Kiev.

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Here is a rundown. Iryna came in on K1. POE date Sept 12th 2009. Her youngest son is turning 20 In June. He is finishing the 4th year of college in Kiev. He wanted to finish what he has started and we did not disturb him. The fifth year of school he has to qualify for.If he does not qualify he gets drafted in the fall. He has applied for travel passport in December 2009 and still does not have one because Ukraine is not making them for some reason. Now we are in the process of AOS and Biometrics are set for May 13th. Assuming that AP will be granted by the end of May or sooner, my wife will be traveling to Kiev to visit her Mom and sons. I have read everything i could find on K2. I know he has a year to enter US after her. But i am not sure where to start. On Initial F129 he was listed as a child as well as his 28 year old sibling. But i did not see anywhere where it says that he would follow. On the AOS paperwork he was listed on Affidavit of Support. I called USCIS to ask them ... they said to call department of state. They said that he simply should gather all the documents for F129 that my wife had and go to the consulate. Need advise.. I have a feeling that something is missing in my thinking. :-(

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys. Here is a rundown. Iryna came in on K1. POE date Sept 12th 2009. Her youngest son is turning 20 In June. He is finishing the 4th year of college in Kiev. He wanted to finish what he has started and we did not disturb him. The fifth year of school he has to qualify for.If he does not qualify he gets drafted in the fall. He has applied for travel passport in December 2009 and still does not have one because Ukraine is not making them for some reason. Now we are in the process of AOS and Biometrics are set for May 13th. Assuming that AP will be granted by the end of May or sooner, my wife will be traveling to Kiev to visit her Mom and sons. I have read everything i could find on K2. I know he has a year to enter US after her. But i am not sure where to start. On Initial F129 he was listed as a child as well as his 28 year old sibling. But i did not see anywhere where it says that he would follow. On the AOS paperwork he was listed on Affidavit of Support. I called USCIS to ask them ... they said to call department of state. They said that he simply should gather all the documents for F129 that my wife had and go to the consulate. Need advise.. I have a feeling that something is missing in my thinking. :-(

If he was listed o the initial petition, simply call the consulate and make an appointment for him. He will need to fill out all the same forms she did, have a medical exam, an affidavit of support, an invitation letter from you, you will have show you are married and that your wife has filed for AOS and he will have to have a police certificate and his military registration papers and his student deferrment. Anything not in English must be translated of course. He will have to file for his AOS before age 21. Plan to file it immediately when he arrives and ask for an expedite because of "age out".

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You need to hurry on the application for his K-2 visa. The appointment can not be more than one year pass the date of her K-1 visa. Check her passport and get started right away. We had a similar situation with my stepson and managed to get him in for an interview with about two weeks to spare.

Also, once he arrives, he will have the same conditions regarding his status. He will be stuck here until he gets his provisional green card.

Thanks Guys... i understand all of that. I send Department of state a letter, stating the situation with passports that Ukrainian citizens can travel abroad with. Asked for their input on the situation. Now i have him gathering all other paperwork needed for the packet.

Last few days i been trying to find anyone there that could help. No luck so far.. even if i pay for it. This is a Very strange situation.

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.