Oasis

we refiled

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since we got a denial at our first interview in Rio de Janeiro we refiled last week.

Check has been cashed so NOA1 is on the way.

What can I expect at the second interview ? We originally got slapped with a 212(A)5(A) supposedly our relationship is not valid but we been together going on 2 years.

Will they ask him even more questions ? Will it be even more difficult ? Has anyone gone thru this ?

Thanks

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You must have some idea what the weak point in your case was. How often did you visit? How's his English? Were you there for the interview? From what I've researched a second attempt shows commitment and is less likely to be denied.

Timeline

I was at the interview with my truckload of evidence that nobody wanted to look at.

We been together going on 2 years. He lived here in America, until July 2009. I have been to Brazil 3 times since then and one trip lasting 2 months. His english is so so, enough for us to understand eachother..and I also attempted to take portuguese lesssons.

The weakpoint was he talked to much.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, I hope you will talk with him and make sure that it is fixed for the next interview.

Did you have the usual types of things for evidence of a relationship. Photos together, email, chat logs, telephone bills showing your telephone calls, a recent trip between the time you file and the time you interview, etc...

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Believe me.. I had everything... From every call I made to Brazil, to boarding passes... to our checking account together, transactions in Brazil, lots of pictures, our life insurance policy. This is the proof I brought to the interview. They did not wanted to look at it.. saying we dont have a valid relationship.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Timeline

It certainly seems like they had found something else or come across some other information and their mind was made up. It just seems like for some reason they believe the relationship was not genuine and was perhaps for immigration fraud.

If there is anything you know of or can think of, it might still be there or still discovered the second time around. You really need to address that issue because it could have been documented in records by the Embassy or Consulate and will not be altered the second time around. It should be a concern.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

my fiance said he !@#$ up the interview by talking to much. I told him to short and brief, dont be talking them an ear off. If they want to know more they will ask you another question.

He pretty much said.. that I have my dual citizenshp.. that I cant not live in Brazil and thats the reason he wants to come to America. He just was not thinking before answering and wa just blabbering.

I hope this is not marked in the records.

So now I added ALL this evidence that they did not want to look at in the petition. That way they have it right infront of them.

Edited by Oasis

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That was a smart move to front load the petition in this situation. It sounds like they didn't give the application a chance at the interview, so now all of the 'evidence' will be in their hands before hand and it will be much more difficult to deny the validity of the relationship. Good luck to you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I see you are applying for K1 again. Have you guys thought about getting married and file for CR1?

I've seen people doing this and getting their visas. Of course you still have to prove the validity of the relationship, but maybe a commitment like marriage will be a plus.

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Timeline

Yes we did talk about this.. but I decided to go the way that we started.

My fiance lives at a very remote location in Brazil so getting there to get married right now would be very difficult. It would take 3 days for me just to get there.

I just started a new job around Christmas and already took time off to be at the last interview.

Since the old petition is now "expired" we decided to refile another K1.

There should be no reason for them to deny him now, they have an entire suitcase of evidence in front of them.

What if they refuse to look at the application ? Do they actually go thru the application at the interview ? I dont remember.

Edited by Oasis

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Timeline

What if they refuse to look at the application ? Do they actually go thru the application at the interview ? I dont remember.

You do not need to "Front Load" the K-1 petition which is the I-129F. That will probably be ignored at the Consulate where you interview.

You will want to Front Load the interview material at the Consulate which you can do by sending ALL of your evidence of relationship back with the Packet 3 forms used for scheduling an interview assuming that is how your Consulate does it.

So Front Load your Packet 3.

EDITED to add: Good luck.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know for sure. Some people say that USCIS/NVC forwards everything to the Consulate.

And some people say they only scan the documents/forms and send the original papers to the CO to give back to the beneficiary at the interview. So I'm not sure.

Hopefully they will forward the whole thing to Brazil and the CO can take a look at it. I'd also recommend that you bring copies of everything you sent them, plus more relationship evidence updated to the next interview.

I wish you good luck! Please keep us updated ;)

edit: I posted at the same time as the person above me. So his advice is even better. :thumbs:

Edited by mrs. wife!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Actually it is better to front load the petition itself. The only reason a petition is SUPPOSED to be denied is if they uncover something in the interview that was undisclosed in the petition when it was approved. If you put it all up front then they have less to uncover and issue a denial. Sending in tons of stuff later on won't help the newly discovered aspect of a denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would agree with NigeriaorBust, front loading at the beginning should be helpful. Its up to them if they want to look at each and every piece of evidence or not. Make sure that every deficiency or weakness from your earlier k-1 petition is addressed with supporting evidence in your new petition. One thing you can certainly be asked at the interview is the reason as to why you didn't get married and choose to re-file a k-1. Whatever the answer you should be prepared for it.

Good luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Actually it is better to front load the petition itself. The only reason a petition is SUPPOSED to be denied is if they uncover something in the interview that was undisclosed in the petition when it was approved. If you put it all up front then they have less to uncover and issue a denial. Sending in tons of stuff later on won't help the newly discovered aspect of a denial.
This is the correct advice.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.