~ameriptian~

Family B2 Visa Denied

28 posts in this topic

I've been away so long that I don't know many ppl here anymore. I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about the denial. Don't let it bum u out though. Annie has great advice and I hope the next try works out better for you :)

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

u should know that before u apply its very rare for some one to get tourist visa in cairo unless if the one who apply for the visa is bussiness man or have large number in his account in bank to get him approved i applied for tourist visa before i married and every thing was good i have good number in bank i have invite and every thing and the interview list for 2 seconds and she said u unligable to visit the states now try againe in the futuer iam really sad cuz ur family get denied

Filed: Timeline

u should know that before u apply its very rare for some one to get tourist visa in cairo unless if the one who apply for the visa is bussiness man or have large number in his account in bank to get him approved i applied for tourist visa before i married and every thing was good i have good number in bank i have invite and every thing and the interview list for 2 seconds and she said u unligable to visit the states now try againe in the futuer iam really sad cuz ur family get denied

I'm sorry you were denied but your statement is not completely true. It's not only about money or a business. It's about providing enough documentation, being prepared for the inteview and that the person you intend to visit can provide you housing, etc...its also helps if you are visiting family not "friends", etc.

So for Aya, do not lose faith. Our entire family has been approved (even the one that was denied) they all received 5 year visas and there is one more brother when his military is completed that I have faith will get his visa too (on the 2nd try...lol).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Aya,

Azza, Ziad and Mido interviewed all together and were approved. Two months before that Mido interviewed alone and was denied. The reason: At the time Hazem did not have a job and they were curious as to how they would be taken care of while here (EVEN THO, I had a job for over 10 years!). So you never know the reason BUT they can reapply and SHOULD!

Send information on John's employment including any 401k or other sources of income besides a job that he might have. I made sure to show all funds that we had so that would not be an issue...also I had to make sure they were well versed on what I did for a living and on ME. That was another thing Mido could not even answer...my job title. However, when he reapplied, he was ready.

Don't give up girl! (F)

Annie,

My stepfather and brother got the same CO Azza and your MIL got at their interview. I told my brother about Azza's experience and that he should have insisted on knowing a reason for the denial that he might have been able to explain like Azza did...but all the man said was: "Sorry, I can't approve your visa." :angry:

John is going to contact his congressman's office today to find out the real reason behind the denial.

My family doesn't want to try again at the moment as my brother(s) should start his exams soon, stepfather has to be there for his projects during the end May all through July, and mother is getting ready for her final exams soon as well (for her 3rd university degree!). They also feel VERY discouraged about applying in the future and seems we'll make the first visit there instead of them visiting first.

When Azza and Mido had their interview, Did they interview Ziad as well? (I hope not.)

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

My stepfather is an engineer and a businessman and, I believe, has a lot of money in the bank and properties and still got denied. I think lacking(or not lacking) loads of money in the bank is not the primary reason to deny the applicants.

Did you meet your wife before or after you applied for the tourist visa?

Also, were you young, unmarried, and traveling by yourself at the time you applied?

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Amal, Tina, ILNGT, and Egypt lover.. Thank You for your support!!

Aya

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's so bad.. I'm terribly sorry...

One reason they could have been denied is your invitation letter; my cousin got denied for a visa before because he wrote in his application a friend's address that he'd be staying at; so they thought that maybe he would go there and stay over at his friend's place and never get back.

That's why I told Joe that I don't want him or his family writing my parents invitation letters and they will put a hotel address in the place they'll be staying at.

I'm really sorry, go ahead and get married though, before the visa expires, and you can have a family wedding anytime after that, you can get an advance parole or something and have a wedding in Egypt.

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Annie,

My stepfather and brother got the same CO Azza and your MIL got at their interview. I told my brother about Azza's experience and that he should have insisted on knowing a reason for the denial that he might have been able to explain like Azza did...but all the man said was: "Sorry, I can't approve your visa." :angry:

John is going to contact his congressman's office today to find out the real reason behind the denial.

My family doesn't want to try again at the moment as my brother(s) should start his exams soon, stepfather has to be there for his projects during the end May all through July, and mother is getting ready for her final exams soon as well (for her 3rd university degree!). They also feel VERY discouraged about applying in the future and seems we'll make the first visit there instead of them visiting first.

When Azza and Mido had their interview, Did they interview Ziad as well? (I hope not.)

Aya

Aya,

You know Mido and everyone was so discouraged after his denial. It took us a while to convince them to apply again. They did not interview Ziad thank god! LOL But he would only know I'm going to see "my brother and sister, Zain and Nour" LOL That's what he calls them.

It's very frustrating and good for John getting to a congressman quickly so that you can find out more details...I can not believe they were denied especially with all they have to get back to in Egypt. Ughhh...

Azza has been cooking up a storm these past days! LOL :dance:

Timeline

That's so bad.. I'm terribly sorry...

One reason they could have been denied is your invitation letter; my cousin got denied for a visa before because he wrote in his application a friend's address that he'd be staying at; so they thought that maybe he would go there and stay over at his friend's place and never get back.

That's why I told Joe that I don't want him or his family writing my parents invitation letters and they will put a hotel address in the place they'll be staying at.

I'm really sorry, go ahead and get married though, before the visa expires, and you can have a family wedding anytime after that, you can get an advance parole or something and have a wedding in Egypt.

Well we are getting married next Friday. All that matters now is that we have their blessing, although I really wanted them to be here! :(

I don't know what we should more next time they apply 'besides contacting our congressman'...but we're certainly not going to have them apply while we are pressed with any deadlines anymore! It's too too stressful!!!

Having a wedding in Egypt after getting the advance parole is the plan! Hope that doesn't take too long to come!

Aya

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Aya,

You know Mido and everyone was so discouraged after his denial. It took us a while to convince them to apply again. They did not interview Ziad thank god! LOL But he would only know I'm going to see "my brother and sister, Zain and Nour" LOL That's what he calls them.

It's very frustrating and good for John getting to a congressman quickly so that you can find out more details...I can not believe they were denied especially with all they have to get back to in Egypt. Ughhh...

Azza has been cooking up a storm these past days! LOL :dance:

I bet they approved them cause of Ziad! :rofl: J/K He's a cutie pie!! :luv:

Seems Azza really likes it here, and you're probably enjoying all the Egyptian food! :P

I don't have the cellphone I had in Egypt anymore. I lost everybody's numbers! :( I'm getting a cellphone this weekend and will PM you the number when I know it.

Aya

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.