keka

Fresh documents?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:whistle: Hello again!!! Well finally today i send my first pack :innocent: (help me god) and i have a question . . in Mexico is easy get the letter of non criminal record , but for one i need to travel . . i have some free time now so i was thinking in go, get the letter and back for find a job with out quit for go . . But maybe my interview is 5 months away (i hopefully less) so . . i dosent matter the date of those letters? Or they must to be "Fresh" documents?

I can have it in one day but i live far away from one of the places that i was living since 16 years old . . Should i go for it? Just wait a little bit more?

Thank you and wish me luck on my jouerny!! And of course good luck for all the people who start this also!!! :dance:

:help:

Timeline

whistling.gif Hello again!!! Well finally today i send my first pack innocent.gif (help me god) and i have a question . . in Mexico is easy get the letter of non criminal record , but for one i need to travel . . i have some free time now so i was thinking in go, get the letter and back for find a job with out quit for go . . But maybe my interview is 5 months away (i hopefully less) so . . i dosent matter the date of those letters? Or they must to be "Fresh" documents?

I can have it in one day but i live far away from one of the places that i was living since 16 years old . . Should i go for it? Just wait a little bit more?

Thank you and wish me luck on my jouerny!! And of course good luck for all the people who start this also!!! kicking.gif

helpsmilie.gif

Hi Keka and congrats on sending in your package!! Well, my husband to be is from Mexico but he didn't to get the criminal record. So I'm assuming that you're not going to need it. But its always better to be safe than sorry. Hope this helps!

Best Wishes!

Lori y David

ob5fqt98.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everyone needs the police certificate, whether you have a criminal record or not. It is required for every place you have lived more than 6 months (12 months for some Embassies) since you were 16 years old.

The police certificate is appected by the Consulate or Embassy for one year. So you can get it now if you think your interview is in about 5 months.

Naturalization N-400

Um I can't speak for the K-1 visa, but Packet 3 that Ciudad Juarez sends out for immigrant visas says the following:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/packet_3_complete.pdf

that police certificates are not available from various countries including Mexico, so you should not get them. I would guess that if you have committed any sort of crime you would still have to bring the record, though. Missing_my_Amor is doing a K-1 through CJ so I would think her word would be correct. (sending good wishes your way M_m_A!!) I definitely know they are not needed for immigrant visas as the Packet says so. However, keka, I believe you were the user talking about a police record from some other country, so I would think if you were there for a fairly long time that that might be more of a concern. Anyhow, it would probably be helpful for you to do some internet research on police certificates and k-1s.

Here's what the State Department says: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#Applying

Good luck!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Timeline

I am sorry I did not check before I posted my GENERAL reply which is for most countries. Mexico does not have Police Records available. You can check this by looking at the Reciprocity Table on the DOS web site. Look here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3622.html

Police Records

Unavailable.

Sorry, good luck.

Naturalization N-400

That is exactly the kind of official document I was looking for. Audy_Rob, the OP was asking about South Korea before...can you verify that she does not need to worry about that as well? I think that is what I understood from the South Korea page, but I'm more of a beginner in terms of immigration data.

To the OP, good luck!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Timeline

Yes, South Korea is the same situation. You cannot obtain police records from South Korea. The Embassy considers those records unobtainable. You can go to the Department of State web-site and search for Reciprocity. Then set the country to South Korea. Scroll down to Police Certificate or records. You can only obtain those records if you are currently living in South Korea.

The US Embassies consider South Korea Police Records Unobtainable. (Means you can't get them. So they do not expect you to provide them. OK ???)

No Police Certificates for Mexico and South Korea.

Good luck to all of you.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.