dog8005

Using Yahoo Messenger for proof of ongoing relationship?

33 posts in this topic

Hey Dog,

Remember what you sent for the I-129f and what you ned for the interview are a little different.

What you submited for the I129F simply needed to prove that you have met in person within the past two years. Proof of ongoing relationship for purposes of the petition is a minimal thing. Some choose to provide more in frontloading.

Since your application is off to the USCIS now its time to focul on continued and maintained relationship and proof to support it.

Yes - yahoo chat logs are ok (We had hundreds of pages of email and chat logs - but in our case in Vietnam the CO never looked at a single one! - strange but true).

Primary evidence for the interview stage would be boarding passes, passport stamps, photos of the two of you togeteer at different places and times, hotel receipts, restaurant receipts, phone logs, cards, letters, etc. Things that show you continue to maintain your relationship.

As far as the photos being dated, in my opinion it should not be a problem. We used all digital photos. I used MS Power Point, I cut and pasted photos into power point using the software, labeled the photos with who was in them, the date , location, event etc.

I created two "books" for the interview. The 1st had all the "technical" documents required. The 2nd was all proof of relationship.

I had four visits prior to the interview so I separated all our proof of relationship by dates, Jan 09, Apr 09, Sep 09 and Dec 09. In each section I put the photos first, followed by boarding passes, ticket receipts and itinerary, then other types of receipts, then the email and chat logs. I did this for each section. I put an index in the front and tabbed all

the sections to make it easy to find everything.

Save anything and everything that has to do with the two of you. You never know how much or how little the CO will want to see. In our case the CO asked only to see my Sept 09 flight tickets and some pictures. But others have been asked for loads of stuff. You just never know so be prepared.

Good news is that you have lots of time to start planning, gathering and organizing!

You may get some varying feedback as to what is considered primary and secondary evidence. In the end its really what the CO wants to see, but to differentiate I like to think of it in this way - what type of evidence best shows and proves to a CO that we have continued and maintained our relationship. Leaves the door wide open so "save it all".

Best Wishes

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dog,

Remember what you sent for the I-129f and what you ned for the interview are a little different.

What you submited for the I129F simply needed to prove that you have met in person within the past two years. Proof of ongoing relationship for purposes of the petition is a minimal thing. Some choose to provide more in frontloading.

Since your application is off to the USCIS now its time to focul on continued and maintained relationship and proof to support it.

Yes - yahoo chat logs are ok (We had hundreds of pages of email and chat logs - but in our case in Vietnam the CO never looked at a single one! - strange but true).

Primary evidence for the interview stage would be boarding passes, passport stamps, photos of the two of you togeteer at different places and times, hotel receipts, restaurant receipts, phone logs, cards, letters, etc. Things that show you continue to maintain your relationship.

As far as the photos being dated, in my opinion it should not be a problem. We used all digital photos. I used MS Power Point, I cut and pasted photos into power point using the software, labeled the photos with who was in them, the date , location, event etc.

I created two "books" for the interview. The 1st had all the "technical" documents required. The 2nd was all proof of relationship.

I had four visits prior to the interview so I separated all our proof of relationship by dates, Jan 09, Apr 09, Sep 09 and Dec 09. In each section I put the photos first, followed by boarding passes, ticket receipts and itinerary, then other types of receipts, then the email and chat logs. I did this for each section. I put an index in the front and tabbed all

Save anything and everything that has to do with the two of you. You never know how much or how little the CO will want to see. In our case the CO asked only to see my Sept 09 flight tickets and some pictures. But others have been asked for loads of stuff. You just never know so be prepared.

Good news is that you have lots of time to start planning, gathering and organizing!

You may get some varying feedback as to what is considered primary and secondary evidence. In the end its really what the CO wants to see, but to differentiate I like to think of it in this way - what type of evidence best shows and proves to a CO that we have continued and maintained our relationship. Leaves the door wide open so "save it all".

Best Wishes

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

You can bring up a page of your call history. I don't think it's printable but you might be about to do a print screen shot, save it and print it out that way.

My partner and I use Yahoo to call most of the time too.

Just a suggestion, best of luck :).

same here... :P

and oh u can print it just copy it and paste it on excel.. it works on my yahoo call logs... :thumbs:

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

it is depend on the CO sis what evidence he will gonna ask on the interview.. if he didnt ask those secondary evidences then good, no harm if u bring all the evidences u have, there is a member here who denied bcoz lack of pix... what if the CO ask u.. do u have phone bills or chat logs..? and u don't have it... result: u will be deny hehehe... star_smile.giftongue.gif

You have to have pictures of course! no questions about that, but you dont have to have everything, not everybody can afford to call and it depends on the location of both couple. I believe that many those who got denied are mostly those who cannot express themselves and getting easily intimidated talking to a CO . The CO will always try to intimidate you, it's how you answer back the CO and being able to express what's in your mind . No offensement but there are some who cannot grasp everything when they are conversing with someone whose English is their native tongue wacko.gif .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Dog,

Best Wishes

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it.

I have only been there to see her in person once a few months ago. I would love to go again before her interview but I don't have enough time off to go now and again to bring her home with me. I would prefer to go and accompany her home on the plane. Do you think only having one visit in person will likely cause a problem even if we have several hours of chat logs every day since we met?

2008-09-18: Met

2010-01-01: Engaged

2010-04-07: Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS Priority

2010-04-09: Received by CSC

2009-04-09: NOA1 Online Initial review

2009-04-09: NOA1 mailed

2010-04-14: Check cashed

2010-04-19: NOA1 Hard copy delivered after being lost in the mail for a week

2010-06-21: Touched

2010-06-21: Approved by USCIS!

2010-06-28: NAO2 Hardcopy recieved

2010-06-29: NVC sent to embassy

2010-08-09: Passed medical exam at St. Lukes

2010-08-09: CFO Done

2010-08-18: Interview Passed!!!

2010-08-26: Visa Delivered

2010-10-14: POE SFO

2010-11-05: Wedding day

56u4itudq4v.png

what i did was go into the ym saved chat logs and took a screen shot of the fact that we had chats daily, showing dates. I saved them as pictures for her to print out. it was good enough. also, anything you two send to each other, save any receipts...items purchased and shipping.

i only flew there to meet her once and proposed to her during that trip. the next time i saw her was when she was cleared into the US.

i only flew there to meet her once and proposed to her during that trip. the next time i saw her was when she was cleared into the US.

sha 100% + ako 50% = 75% pinoy anak

I have only been there to see her in person once a few months ago. I would love to go again before her interview but I don't have enough time off to go now and again to bring her home with me. I would prefer to go and accompany her home on the plane. Do you think only having one visit in person will likely cause a problem even if we have several hours of chat logs every day since we met?

The more the better but I have read many cases in the PI where one visit was successful. That would be a good topic for the regional forum to get feedback specifically from others who have gone through the PI. We were through Ho Chi Minh Consulate in Vietnam which is an extremely difficult consulate.

Best Wishes to you both!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

be well prepared:

print your yahoo chat logs

take print screens of the vonage calls showing the date/duration of calls(press button prt sc) then open the mspaint program in accessories found in start menu,press ctrl+V then print your pic

however you may not be asked about any proof just like my case,she asked if we took pics,i gave her an album she opened 2 pages of it in a very quick manner,but be prepared in all cases and the most part be confident,real about your answers,have a great memory for any dates in your spouse's life like date of engagement,date of his birth,date he moved to this state,date he got this job,high school,his relatives.....etc

I don't have any idea why people call pictures "secondary evidence". For one we were denied the first time because of lack of enough pictures.

For 2 during the embassy, AOS and USC interviews the COs mainly checked out our pictures.

Old saying! "Picture is worth a thousand words".

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

what i did guys i take a snapshort every week from MSN and have charge some online internet phone service like net2phone e.t.c for overseas from usa that why have a record that will showing to the day of interview

but i am confuse 2 years later my bro have filed i130 for his wife and his wife says they did not ask any MSN things or any phone bills. They ask only PHOTOS ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS e.t.c

but never know be save on our site :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

One visit only is not a reason for denial. However I think it raises the bar on documentation necessary to show an ongoing committed relationship. Emails, chat logs, phone bills etc... will be required.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

I don't have any idea why people call pictures "secondary evidence". For one we were denied the first time because of lack of enough pictures.

For 2 during the embassy, AOS and USC interviews the COs mainly checked out our pictures.

Old saying! "Picture is worth a thousand words".

Exactly...Mhay had a small photo album made up and the CO took the whole thing. I think she had around 20-25 pictures in it. They also took 5 of the cards that Mhay had from when I sent her flowers and gifts from island rose.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

quick question...

i got skype credits.. and can call any landline or mobile phone worldwide...

will that also serve as phone bill record? or phone call records?

IR-5 Petition Parent (this is going to be a long journey)

02.12.2018 - I130 form sent (via USPS) 

02.21.2018 - I130 form delivered (via USPS) mail shipment delayed delivery

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

02.24.2018 - Text Notification received 

03.05.2018 - NOA1 Received

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We submitted Yahoo chat transcripts in response to an RFE requesting more proof of relationship. And she got the visa, so it had to have helped. :)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yahoo has something like a phone service..... Yahoo Voice.... I use it to call his cell phone and you are able to print the call record..... His sisters husband used this in place of phone records..

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.