TimnGrace Kohler

Evidence of bona fide marriage.

26 posts in this topic

I have searched and found a web site (http://www.***removed***....umentation.html). I was wondering if anyone used the info on this website as a guide. We was just recently married back in December of 2009. Most of things listed on their we are unable to get cause they require a social security number. I was wondering if the list of documents I have listed below would be enough to prove bonafide marriage.

*wedding invitations

*wedding announcement publication my husband hand printed in the local newspaper of his hometown.

*copies of plane tickets and motel reservations that show us traveling togeather on our honeymoon, and when he comes and visit this month.

*My husband has phone records that shows he has called. I am unable to get such documents cause all I have is a prepaid cell phone with smart load. He does have receipts that shows he has helped keep load on my cellphone.

*pictures of us before the wedding and during the wedding with my family (His family wasn't able to attend our wedding cause they couldn't afford to come. We plan to inform them in the cover letter as to why his family was not able to attend.

*Copy of my passport that shows my new married name.

*Copies of cards that we have sent each other

*Copis of the the wedding cards from both our families to us

*Copies of the name tags on the wedding gifts to us

Does anyone know if this would be enough information to prove that their is a bonafiedl relationship. I would appreciat any information or help.

Edited by Kathryn41

That looks good. Should be more than enough for the intial submission. We didnt have that much and we got approved. :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

That looks good. Should be more than enough for the intial submission. We didnt have that much and we got approved. :thumbs:

Thank you for your reponse.

What did you send in for proof of a bona fide marriage? My husband is thinking about getting afidavid's from my family who attended the wedding. It looks like that would be more of a hassle cause it will need to be notirized, cause we live very far from a place that can do that. I don't want it to be more of an expense cause I want us to save as much money as possible.

I have searched and found a web site (http://www.***removed***....umentation.html). I was wondering if anyone used the info on this website as a guide. We was just recently married back in December of 2009. Most of things listed on their we are unable to get cause they require a social security number. I was wondering if the list of documents I have listed below would be enough to prove bonafide marriage.

*wedding invitations

*wedding announcement publication my husband hand printed in the local newspaper of his hometown.

*copies of plane tickets and motel reservations that show us traveling togeather on our honeymoon, and when he comes and visit this month.

*My husband has phone records that shows he has called. I am unable to get such documents cause all I have is a prepaid cell phone with smart load. He does have receipts that shows he has helped keep load on my cellphone.

*pictures of us before the wedding and during the wedding with my family (His family wasn't able to attend our wedding cause they couldn't afford to come. We plan to inform them in the cover letter as to why his family was not able to attend.

Does anyone know if this would be enough information to prove that their is a bonafiedl relationship. I would appreciat any information or help.

Should be enough for the initial petition. For the interview. Start saving all communication records. Do snail mail cards and letters.

Life insurance, will, file 2009 taxes jointly. More pictures when he makes another trip will be a

big plus. Have him open a phone account that shows records of calls to your number. Make short calls on it and use phone cards for long ones.

Edited by Kathryn41

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Here is what I sent for the original submission to the USCIS:

Marriage certificate

Copy of wedding invitation

4 affidavits from people that were at the wedding

about 20 pictures

not a whole lot...we had been married for a little over 2 months when i sent in the package. I was deployed to kuwait at the time.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I also included an evolution of relationship letter too... forgot about that.

For our Full timeline

event.png

*wedding invitations

Yours looks very solid. I think you've covered a lot of ground and it's wise to do so in terms of front loading the evidence in order to avoid an potential request for evidence in the process. You could do the affidavidts but I don't think they would be necessary given what you are presenting.

We filed out petition last year with pictures of us together, with both sides of the family, vacations, engagement party, wedding; we had the wedding invitation, telephone logs for the past two years, boarding passes showing trips to the USA and her to Canada, emails. We haven't had any RFEs to date.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck I'll be filing close behind you.

I was wondering if I could submit my blog after printing it off? It has all kinds of pictures with us on it as well as dates and places we've visited...a blog that basically follows just us on a week to week journey.

Just an idea if this is worth submitting along with the usual pictures/evidence?

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

I was planning on sending in wedding pictures along with others, our marriage certificate, an affidavit of a family member who was at the wedding, transcripts of my calls to the philippines as well as email and letters, and copies of my eticket itinerary as well as my wifes, Do you guys think this is enough? thanks guys

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you did not include a photocopy of the marriage certificate. ya need that. Do Not Send The Original.

I know it's hard to gather up evidence for the I-130, if you've just married OR if you live far apart.

Here's what I did - for my I-130 packet -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/218775-bonafide-relationship/page__p__3324240__hl__Rustic#entry3324240

(click the link, have a read? )

From reading YOUR list, I'll say there's some extra stuff yer USC Spouse can do, as well. Compare what you've got, with my list, you should see some gaps.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread is a bit old but I had a couple questions. My wife and I just got married on May 28th. I have the packet put together for the application, just waiting on the marriage certificate from the state of Nevada. We had a very private wedding (just her and I and 2 random witnesses). For the evidence of a bonafide marriage I have, marriage certificates, a couple pictures from the wedding day, and from the honeymoon (she just went back today :( ) as well as tons of emails, skype logs, cards, etc. from before we were married. Will this be enough for evidence?

I'm so anxious to get started!

*wedding invitations

Hi, we are same status, I married last December 02, 2009 then my husband file my petition last March 1, 2010... He sending our marriage license authenticated by NSO, weddings photos and other picture together with my families. 2 copies of my passport picture and also to my husband, YM conversation and emails, And other documents that my husband included also. My husband follow the instructions what the USCIS needed. Still we are waiting for our NOA2 approval. I hope this months my papers will approve. Right now I am starting to gathered some documents that I needed to my interview. Like, YM and Skype conversations, Skype calls, receipts when he sending money, receipts when he sending package to my family, emails from my husband and to his Mom. I am using my married name to all my documents and I.D.'s even to my new passport.

I hope it will help you and guide you. Like you and praying to approve my papers coz I can't wait to see my husband.. We miss each other.

Goodluck girl.

Edited by Kathryn41

You complete me...I love you so much my husband.. YOU and ME FOREVER...

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I realize this thread is a bit old but I had a couple questions. My wife and I just got married on May 28th. I have the packet put together for the application, just waiting on the marriage certificate from the state of Nevada. We had a very private wedding (just her and I and 2 random witnesses). For the evidence of a bonafide marriage I have, marriage certificates, a couple pictures from the wedding day, and from the honeymoon (she just went back today :( ) as well as tons of emails, skype logs, cards, etc. from before we were married. Will this be enough for evidence?

I'm so anxious to get started!

There is no magic formula that says if there is enough evidence or not, but it looks like you shouldn't have a problem, at least with the I 130. A letter explaining the evolution of your relationship is very important. I would send more pictures from before the wedding, assuming that you have them. Also, you can send in a photo copy of any passport pages that show evidence of having met your wife (aka visa stamps). Finally, plane tickets are very important. Itineraries may not be so important, because they can easily be falsified, but maybe a print out of yours or hers frequent flier mile account would suffice if you no longer have the tickets. Demonstrating that you have spent time with her is important.

In your cover letter, you may want to explain why you had two random witnesses at the wedding and not family members and friends. This could be a red flag and it is best to deal with it right now than at the consulate. If you raise the red flag right now and USCIS does not find a problem, the interview will go much smoother if you have to go to a difficult consulate.

It sounds like your wife returned to wherever she is from, but it would have been nice to open up a joint bank account with both of your names. There are several national banks in the US that allow a non-resident to open an account as long as a USC spouse is the main account holder.

Some consulates like more evidence than others. If you are in a tough consulate, like Ecuador, you need to send in as much evidence as you can think of, both with the I 130 and when the interview happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

There is no magic formula that says if there is enough evidence or not, but it looks like you shouldn't have a problem, at least with the I 130. A letter explaining the evolution of your relationship is very important. I would send more pictures from before the wedding, assuming that you have them. Also, you can send in a photo copy of any passport pages that show evidence of having met your wife (aka visa stamps). Finally, plane tickets are very important. Itineraries may not be so important, because they can easily be falsified, but maybe a print out of yours or hers frequent flier mile account would suffice if you no longer have the tickets. Demonstrating that you have spent time with her is important.

In your cover letter, you may want to explain why you had two random witnesses at the wedding and not family members and friends. This could be a red flag and it is best to deal with it right now than at the consulate. If you raise the red flag right now and USCIS does not find a problem, the interview will go much smoother if you have to go to a difficult consulate.

It sounds like your wife returned to wherever she is from, but it would have been nice to open up a joint bank account with both of your names. There are several national banks in the US that allow a non-resident to open an account as long as a USC spouse is the main account holder.

Some consulates like more evidence than others. If you are in a tough consulate, like Ecuador, you need to send in as much evidence as you can think of, both with the I 130 and when the interview happens.

I did not send pictures or any of the things mentioned here for the I-130 petition I sent out on May 27th. I went by the USCIS (before I found this site of course) guidelines and sent them exactly what they asked for. They received package, cashed my check and got NOA1. So I guess it's ok. Also I am doing the CR1 not K3 maybe that is the difference?

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, it's hard to generate the evidence when the two of you live far apart or in different countries.

Here's what I did, ages past, for the evidence on intitial I-130 submittal - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218775&st=0&p=3324240&hl=Rusticentry3324240

Mine is a bit overboard, though, as China is a 'high-fraud country'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.