angienbrett

I-212 When will the nightmare end

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Any advice is appreciated!

I should have kept better records on everything but the whole process of getting my British husband to my good ol USA seems to never end!

He got a 10 year ban in 2005, we applied for his I-130 (I believe) to get a greencard as the spouse of a US Citizen. He had been deported along with some other British men who had been sent to the US and were told their paperwork was in order to work for this British company out there and of course it wasn't and he was deported for working illegally.

The last interview at the London embassy was like a year and a half ago and we were told the last thing we need before they decide his case and it looks like he would be approved is to get the ban lifted. So we applied for the I-212 in End of Feb/March 2009, the check was cashed I think a month later. I am desperate to be home as my Grandma and Mother are both having serious health issues which I explained and included doctors letters.

We wrote asking for an update in September with a postage paid envelope and have not heard anything at all. I spoke to someone at some congressman or senators office around September as well to try and get an update and he said that the Atlanta office we sent the paperwork to says they have sent the paperwork onto the US Embassy in London so I thought maybe they made a decision. BUT I chased it up months ago with the US embassy and they say they never got any paperwork from Atlanta.

I don't know what else to do. They said it can take a year and its been a year and when I speak to them they say I can get an update if I write in but thats a lie.

I'm losing all hope and I don't know what to do. ANYONE have any advice? I am so worried that it got lost in the mail to us and I have no way to even check.

Call the department of state...

1 800 663 1225 , have your case number ready, they can look into it for you.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Oh gosh.. Im a dummie :bonk:

its 1-202-663-1225...

Im sooo sorry!!!!!!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH for that number!!!!!!

They could at least tell me they see it's being processed, no decision yet but they said once a decision is made they can tell me!!! YAYYYYYYYY

They also advised me there is a delay in processing times now and its taking up to 18 months and we are 11 months into this, I am frustrated it would take the full 18 months but at least its not a No,, yet that is. I heard stories where people actually comiited crimes like robbery and still got approved so I hope they weren't just stories and Brett can get in, he only worked illegally because we were both lied to by the agency that sent him to the U.S. and the American company he was working for. I am praying praying praying when I check again next month there may be a good outcome to this crazy wait.

Does anyone know if too much time passes will he need another medical? He should pass it but its the cost I am dreading.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The last I-212 I heard about from Atlanta took 12 months. . .you do need to get your congressional or house liaison to do a follow-up inquiry with Atlanta and see if they can get you Atlanta's normal processing time. . .the consulates don't really know what to do with a district office approval as they tend to deal with 601/212 processings usually. . .

Timeline

Thanks EMT. I think the new police certs are valid for 3 years, these are the ones with the pictures on it. At least thats what we had been advised. I'll try and pull his out to check.

I was just told there is now a delay in processing times and its now taking up to 18 months from the lady from the number above so I think if I try and get another congressional/senatorial update it may delay things. The last update I got from like a congressmans office was a lie cause no paperwork was sent to the London embassy. The number above is the best chance for an update as they could see on the computer whats happening and they said they can see once its been approved/denied.

I just have to be patient because all I want to do is call every day :)

Hubby is going to be annoyed at having to pay for another med check, the US embassy told us as long as the 212 was processing that it would be valid but I should of known that was not right.

It just seems like they keep us jumping through hoops that cost us more and more money which benefits them financially, I wonder if they do this just to make money sometimes because alot of this seems so unnecessary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congressional inquiries do not delay things, especially when you've been waiting almost a year already. For my inquiries with the district office, the rep sent emails, no paper was exchanged and she was able to forward me her results. Also, my approval would have NEVER been accepted without the help of the House rep's immigration liaison because of the form type it was issued on. You just have to find the right rep.

Im glad the number helped a bit!! Get new clearances just in case. They can ask for them if they want to. While the certificates might be valid for 3 years, consulates only put a one year validity on them (its one of their handy dandy made-up rules).

Of course, your US partner should contact their local congressmen/senator. At least they can make enquiries on your behalf and usually they get a bit more of an in-depth answer :)

Good luck, and I hope all goes well!! :star:

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.