aquasun25

Can a widow be considered an unmarried daughter?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is she has not re maried she is un married.

QED

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Thanks for your feedback. She didn't. Do you have any idea how long it takes?

If she is unmarried daughter of Green Card Holder then she is 2B, see below:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent

Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation,

of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

THEY ARE PROCESSING NOW:

Family

2B 01JUL02 All countries / 15JUN92 Mexico / 15NOV98 Philippines

check out http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4805.html

Edited by SweetApple08

I-130 Sent : 08/15/2006 F2A (spouse of LPR)

I-130 Approved : 03/29/2010

AOS data section: Filed I-485 & I-765 (more details see About Me section)

04/30/2010 - Mailed out

06/02/2010 - RFE

08/11/2010 - Interview Date - APPROVED

08/23/2010 - Green Card at Home :)

Hubby's USC

Service Center : Dallas TX ; CIS Office : New York City NY

05/29/2010 - Date Filed

06/08/2010 - Email & phone mess with case number.

06/07/2010 - Checks cashed

06/11/2010 - NOA Date

06/21/2010 - Biometrics letter

07/07/2010 - Biometrics appointment

11/11/2010 - Interview Date

Waiting for interview letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am trying to get some help in understanding whether daughter over 21 (recently widowed) would be considered unmarried under immigration law. My mother filed I-130 on her behalf.

was she already a widow when your mom filed for her and is your mom a USC or LPR?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes, she was a widow and my mother is LPR.

ditto,

widowed or divorced means you're single again. I am divorced, my USC mom filed for me as a unmarried child over 21 of a USC. I had to provide a copy of my divorce decree.

because your mom is only a LPR, she'll have to provide a copy of the death certificate to prove that she is single, since LPR cannot file for married children, and there is a marriage license.

did your mom send a copy of the death certificate with the i130? she should have.

Edited by aleful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.