Emmamama

Sample COVER LETTER for sending in RFEs..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey guys!

Happy Pesach/Easter...whatever you celebrate...

Or just happy spring for those in the north and happy fall for us down south!

Am preparing my RFEs, does anyone have a sample cover letter (NOT coversheet/barcode) they can pass me??

Should I just use the format I used for sending in the actual I-864? Do I need to write/list somewhere exactly what I corrected?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey guys!

Happy Pesach/Easter...whatever you celebrate...

Or just happy spring for those in the north and happy fall for us down south!

Am preparing my RFEs, does anyone have a sample cover letter (NOT coversheet/barcode) they can pass me??

Should I just use the format I used for sending in the actual I-864? Do I need to write/list somewhere exactly what I corrected?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Hola amigo,

You are preparing for something that may or may not happen. Why? I got a RFE rencently asking for a copy of a previous divorce decree. The RFE asked me for this...so I made a copy of the RFE and attached my decree to it. No problem, no cover letter, nothing.

Con mucho gusto, :thumbs:

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Hey

did you receive the email with the checklist?? it brings a coverletter with barcoded thats the one that you must send with the RFE..

USCIS-NVC Journey

09-01-2009 I 130 filled under LPR Category

09-08-2009 NOA1

11-20-2009 Upgraded status

01-27-2010 NOA2

02-05-10......Case # Assigned

03-31-10........AVR inputted Case Complete

04-29-2010...Interview date assigned via Operator & email received...

06-02-2010...Medical Exam @consultorio de visas,Sto Dgo.

06-16-2010....Interview @ Santo Domingo 7.30 A.M. APPROVED

08-06-2010..... POE date @ Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta.. connecting flight to Washington DC

event.png

Timeline

Hey

did you receive the email with the checklist?? it brings a coverletter with barcoded thats the one that you must send with the RFE..

yes, via email.

i know, that's the cover letter with the barcode, but i mean should i write one before everything?

NVC

Address

To Whom it may concern,

Attached is...

Blah blah

and then list the items, etc?

Or just straight up send the things they asked for with the coverletter w/barcode?

Timeline

Hola amigo,

You are preparing for something that may or may not happen. Why? I got a RFE rencently asking for a copy of a previous divorce decree. The RFE asked me for this...so I made a copy of the RFE and attached my decree to it. No problem, no cover letter, nothing.

Con mucho gusto, :thumbs:

Franc

Hola Franc,

Mil gracias por su respuesta.

En realidad...

We had 3 RFEs, trouble with BC, I didn't write a "0" in a certain part, blah blah blah..

I received the coverletter with the barcode in an email.

The thing is, should I attach a cover sheet stating what the packet includes? Or just attach barcode-coverletter with no intro??

I did not write anything else as I attached the entire checklist that they sent me..

USCIS-NVC Journey

09-01-2009 I 130 filled under LPR Category

09-08-2009 NOA1

11-20-2009 Upgraded status

01-27-2010 NOA2

02-05-10......Case # Assigned

03-31-10........AVR inputted Case Complete

04-29-2010...Interview date assigned via Operator & email received...

06-02-2010...Medical Exam @consultorio de visas,Sto Dgo.

06-16-2010....Interview @ Santo Domingo 7.30 A.M. APPROVED

08-06-2010..... POE date @ Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta.. connecting flight to Washington DC

event.png

Timeline

I did not write anything else as I attached the entire checklist that they sent me..

gotchya!

should i attach the entire email i received or just the part where it indicates what i need to send and the coverletter¿?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

gotchya!

should i attach the entire email i received or just the part where it indicates what i need to send and the coverletter¿?

Just the coverletter with the barcode part! Not the entire email. :no:

I also attached a short letter indicating what I was sending and why. No need to do this, I did it just to be clear of what the contents were.

Timeline

Just the coverletter with the barcode part! Not the entire email. :no:

I also attached a short letter indicating what I was sending and why. No need to do this, I did it just to be clear of what the contents were.

Ok, cool.

Thanks so much for the help!

Good luck guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.