Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Visiting During CR-1/I-130 in process?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia

Is it possible for your foreign spouse to use a tourist visa to visit the US citizen while a CR-1 is in process, or would they be denied entry / not able to get a tourist visa? Worse yet, would the petition be considered abandoned? We've already been apart for coming up on 7 months, and the only thing that kept us from going crazy was a week-long visit in January. Thinking of getting married when we're together again, and the last thing anyone wants is to have the immigration process fail and have to wait ANOTHER 6-8 months.

Any experiences regarding this would be great!

Edit: ...and I misposted this in the wrong forum. Please move to relevant one. Sorry:)

Edited by Comlink

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...