Belskids

Need A great Lawyer - Marc Ellis is the one.

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to let everyone know that is struggling with their case and might need a lawyer, Marc Ellis would be the one to use. He is patient and understanding of our pain and sorrow. He will help you every bit he can. He is reasonably priced and does what he said he would do. My case was a mess and we did not think that we could do anything about it. Marc talked with my husband and I and wrote our rebuttal and told us what to put together and send in. If it was not for his letter and his work I do not believe my husband would be here with me today. He is a wonderful compassionate lawyer. He is on this site and also on Visa Talk If you need to contact him please contact me and I will pass along his email address to you if you can't find it on this site. It is nice to know we have support. My prayers are with you all that are still waiting or just beginning this journey. God Bless.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not trying to knock Marc Ellis, but my experiance with him was less than satisfactory. Each case is different, each persons reaction is different, Marc does know what he is doing but there are many others that know it as well. I heard the secret with Marc is to catch him in the morning where he is a little more refreshed and alert, and I also heard he is going to be getting married soon. Everyone talks that Marc can do something at the consulate, maybe the CO do know him, and maybe they do infact go easier on people with a lawyer, but the only thing a lawyer can truly do is make sure that everything is filled out correctly, and that your case is presented in a professional manner, the lawyer can not go into the interview with you, he can not submit evidence for you, only tell you what HE/SHE thinks is wrong, and depending on the CO it may or may not be right, for those that choose any lawyer know the facts, dont let them mislead you in telling you that they guarentee you will get approved, because this is a lie, they can not do that. Just my take on the entire thing Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Rating a lawyer is difficult without being able to compare dozens of opinions. Even then, many people will judge their lawyer's performance solely on whether they got the outcome they wanted, and not whether the lawyer did everything possible to get that outcome for them. A bad lawyer can often win, in spite of his bungling, and a good lawyer can often lose, despite their best efforts.

I intended to hire Marc if we ran into problems with the petition or at the consulate. I did hire his associate, Mr. Nam, to help with interview preparation. I spoke with Marc in person once, over the phone a few times, and exchanged several emails with him. I got the impression that he was very knowledgeable, especially about the consulate in HCMC. I also got the impression that he's always focused on the "big picture", so he may get sidetracked when you're trying to focus on a specific detail. For people who have cases in Vietnam, he also has the advantage of living in HCMC. This means he can meet with you personally while you're there, or go to the consulate if necessary.

There are a lot of immigration lawyers where I live who specialize in cases in Vietnam. Some of them are quite popular with the local Vietnamese community. I visited one of the most popular immigration law offices here, and got the impression that they were little more than a paper mill. A few of the things they believed to be true about the consulate in HCMC were just plain wrong. If I needed an immigration lawyer to handle a case in HCMC, I'd feel more comfortable hiring Marc than anyone else.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I would agree that I would hire no other than Marc. I used his services and our case was handled in a very professional manner. The lawyer can only do so much as stated in other replies. All cases are different and not everyone one of them will be approved depnding on the facts of the case. The lawyer can make sure your case is represented fully and correctly and present that to the Consulate. It is not his job to interview for you. It is your SO's job to interview and to answer any questions they have.

I would definately give him 2 thumbs up. :thumbs::thumbs:

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline

I would agree that I would hire no other than Marc. I used his services and our case was handled in a very professional manner. The lawyer can only do so much as stated in other replies. All cases are different and not everyone one of them will be approved depnding on the facts of the case. The lawyer can make sure your case is represented fully and correctly and present that to the Consulate. It is not his job to interview for you. It is your SO's job to interview and to answer any questions they have.

I would definately give him 2 thumbs up. :thumbs::thumbs:

Ditto what Mike and Jim have said. Without Marc, I don't think I would have had the chance to get in front of a CO to help my wife obtain her visa, let alone in the time he was able to get the Embassy to set up and interview me. I still often refer people to Marc because I personally feel he is extremely knowledgable about how the Visa unit operates. And I agree with Jim that he often has his eye (and mind) on the big picture, and he often reminded me to think of the same. I too give him :thumbs::thumbs: up!

Greg

Our K1 Timeline

03.11 - 4.10.2005 - Met on vacation in Vietnam

10.25 - 11.19.2005 - Returned to Vietnam & got engaged 11.1.05

12.29.2005 - I-129F Sent

01.04.2006 - I-129F NOA1/Receipt and Case Number

03.23.2006 - NOA2

04.05.2006 - Rec'd @ NVC

04.07.2006 - Left for HCMC

04.08.2006 - e-file in HCMC

05.10.2006 - HCMC sends out packet 3

06.02.2006 - Rec'd packet 3

06.05.2006 - sent forms back to HCMC

07.17.2006 - called and got Interview date

07.20.2006 - Rec'd packet 4

08.10.2006 - ***INTERVIEW*** - Blue slip

08.11.2006 - Went to embassy with add'l evidence - Green Slip

03.23.2007 - both of us interviewed and ....PASSED

03.24.2007 - Picked up VISA!!!!!

04.11.2007 - Got Married!

07.18.2007 - Mailed AOS paperwork

08.28.2007 - RFE

09.18.2007 - Mailed back add'l paperwork

10.12.2007 - EAD card issued

11.14.2007 - notified by phone of Interview in 2 days!

11.16.2007 - INTERVIEW (RFE given for add'l evidences..again!)

12.06.2007 - Dropped off evidences at USCIS office

12.18.2007 - I485 Card Production Ordered

12.29.2007 - Card Rec'd!!!

11.19.2009 - I-751 filed for lifting conditions

11.20.2009 - Issued NOA

01.22.2010 - photo and fingerprints

02.03.2010 - lifting conditions APPROVED!!

02.09.2010 - card rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????? - All of our lives together to figure out the rest ;)

Timeline

This has almost become an advertisement for Marc Ellis. The fact is that there are many lawyers out there that can help out anycase, and just because you hire ANY of them this does not mean you will get a visa. Some people swear by them, but this is not accurate, as they had an lawyer, so what if they did not have him? The outcome might have still been an approval, or maybe not, no one knows for certain. So before you hire any lawyer, just make sure that you know there is still the possibility that your case can get denied with or without him. Also take note that the interview itself will be done by a CO and your loved one only, no lawyer can go with your loved one into the interview, the lawyer mainly will make sure that your case is put together professionally, and that you can have answers to any possibly identified redflags resolved prior to your interview, this is truly about all that any lawyer can do in a visa case. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Mr. Ellis saw right through my ex-wifes BS and told me to be careful. I was suspicious already, so it didn't bother me to hear someone say that. I would highly recommend a consult/mock interview with him for anybody. He's certainly the best lawyer available in Vietnam for U.S. visas.

Timeline

This has almost become an advertisement for Marc Ellis. The fact is that there are many lawyers out there that can help out anycase, and just because you hire ANY of them this does not mean you will get a visa. Some people swear by them, but this is not accurate, as they had an lawyer, so what if they did not have him? The outcome might have still been an approval, or maybe not, no one knows for certain. So before you hire any lawyer, just make sure that you know there is still the possibility that your case can get denied with or without him. Also take note that the interview itself will be done by a CO and your loved one only, no lawyer can go with your loved one into the interview, the lawyer mainly will make sure that your case is put together professionally, and that you can have answers to any possibly identified redflags resolved prior to your interview, this is truly about all that any lawyer can do in a visa case. Jerome

This is all certainly true, and good advice. It also applies pretty much any time you have an issue that requires or might benefit from the involvement of an attorney.

There are some attorneys who are outstanding, yet have a very poor track record. This is because they only take cases that other attorneys would consider lost causes. In their case, a success rate of only 5% or 10% is very good. There are also some very bad attorneys who have a success rate of better than 80%. There is one such attorney in my area who brags about his success rate of 83%, yet he only does K visa petitions. Getting a K visa petition approved only requires submitting the right documentation. Since they would presumably not bother to submit a petition in a case where the petitioner and/or beneficiary are clearly not eligible, a success rate of only 83% is actually pretty miserable. Most law offices that do K visa petitions will guarantee an approval after they've screened you and determined you should be eligible.

I think the most important lesson in ANY case where you want or need the assistance of an attorney is to be strongly proactive, and do a LOT of your own research. Become as knowledgeable as you possibly can about the law that applies to your own specific case, double check everything the attorney does, and insist on having the right to approve or disapprove of anything he intends to submit on your behalf. The only thing your attorney should bring to the table that you don't have yourself is experience, and even that becomes less valuable with resource like VJ. Everyone can now learn from the experiences of others.

I just wanted to let everyone know that is struggling with their case and might need a lawyer, Marc Ellis would be the one to use. He is patient and understanding of our pain and sorrow. He will help you every bit he can. He is reasonably priced and does what he said he would do. My case was a mess and we did not think that we could do anything about it. Marc talked with my husband and I and wrote our rebuttal and told us what to put together and send in. If it was not for his letter and his work I do not believe my husband would be here with me today. He is a wonderful compassionate lawyer. He is on this site and also on Visa Talk If you need to contact him please contact me and I will pass along his email address to you if you can't find it on this site. It is nice to know we have support. My prayers are with you all that are still waiting or just beginning this journey. God Bless.

Hi, can you give me his email address? I might need to contact him and have him do my case. Thank you.

Timeline

Hi, can you give me his email address? I might need to contact him and have him do my case. Thank you.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/contact.html

Timeline

Thank you very much.

I was told it was $100 us for a consultation fee, and then $1500 for the fee, good luck just remember he is good, but the interview will be totally up to you, as he will not be able to go in there. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Friend

BShi...t ,no need lawyer

John

I was told it was $100 us for a consultation fee, and then $1500 for the fee, good luck just remember he is good, but the interview will be totally up to you, as he will not be able to go in there. Jerome and Binh

Thank you very much for the info.

Hey Friend

BShi...t ,no need lawyer

John

I wish we didn't need a lawyer but it's a tough case.

Timeline

Well... I would have to agree with most people here. And I hardly ever jump on here or even comment... but I was looking for something and this caught my eye. Hanh and I just used Marc for our CR1 and the package was Very impressive that he and Mr. Nam put together for us. They really did a great job. Actually... they shipped the package back home so my father can send it off for me since I don't have a check here with me. We thought that they didn't include a cover letter but after having my father look again, he found it. Yeah, Marc can be off putting to some people. But he has a good heart and knows the process very well. He actually saved my a$$ on something that was really important that I forgot to do. I'm so grateful to him for his help. I wouldn't go with anyone other than Marc. Take it as an advertisement or just good advice. Either way... he is great in my opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.