celticstar

Celticstar saying hello!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi there guys and girls :)

I'm a UK resident and recently got engaged to my soulmate who happens to be a US citizen.

I live near London and he's in Oklahoma.

We were planning on getting married in Scotland this year so that my family and friends could be there (I'm my Fathers eldest daughter and as this is the only time I plan to marry, I would have liked him to give me away) but, I would like to be with my fiancé permanently sooner rather than later, therefore I don't want to do anything which could make the process longer than it has to be.

I've never even held a passport before now although I have sent off for one.

I've been researching what needs to be done but to be honest the information I've come across isn't exactly clear and it's been just a little confusing :lol:

Any help you guys and girls can give us from the very first step would be much appreciated!

"There's this idea called the soul mate principle. It says that every person has one soul mate out there, just one. And that person is perfect for you and is your destiny. The problem being that almost nobody ever finds their soul mate, just because of distance. So most people go through their whole lives feeling not complete"

Facebook

USA-01-june.gifDarryl & Kate UK-06-june.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi there guys and girls smile.gif

I'm a UK resident and recently got engaged to my soulmate who happens to be a US citizen.

I live near London and he's in Oklahoma.

We were planning on getting married in Scotland this year so that my family and friends could be there (I'm my Fathers eldest daughter and as this is the only time I plan to marry, I would have liked him to give me away) but, I would like to be with my fiancé permanently sooner rather than later, therefore I don't want to do anything which could make the process longer than it has to be.

I've never even held a passport before now although I have sent off for one.

I've been researching what needs to be done but to be honest the information I've come across isn't exactly clear and it's been just a little confusing laughing.gif

Any help you guys and girls can give us from the very first step would be much appreciated!

From what you tell us about your plans, your now fiance would petition for a spouse visa after you two are married. This is called a CR1 visa. Read through the guide here on VJ ( http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 ) to familiarize yourselved with the requirements, process, etc.

Also do some reading in the UK regional forum to get info specific to going through the process from the UK.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Cheers for that link Anh map, I had a quick look through the guides but missed that one!

Is there anything we can do before we're married? That would help and not hinder the process?

"There's this idea called the soul mate principle. It says that every person has one soul mate out there, just one. And that person is perfect for you and is your destiny. The problem being that almost nobody ever finds their soul mate, just because of distance. So most people go through their whole lives feeling not complete"

Facebook

Cheers for that link Anh map, I had a quick look through the guides but missed that one!

Is there anything we can do before we're married? That would help and not hinder the process?

Sure there is! 1st and most important is to get a good understanding of the process and what to expect. One thing you will need is proof of relationship, so you can start now on compiling evidence. Pictures, receipts, boarding passes (from past visits as well as any you take between now and then). You can work on getting things like birth certificates and other documents together.

Some things you will requires later have validity dates so it would be best now to make a list off all the things you'll need through the process and then you can check them off as you go. No point in getting them to soon but always a good thing to know what to expect.

Best Wishes!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

Thanks Bernie!

It's the getting a good idea of the process which is giving me regular headaches :lol:

I've done so many searches and found so much conflicting information that I was getting really overwhelmed with it all :huh:

Thank God for this website is all I can say! It's brilliant having all the topics I wanted to ask questions about right here at my fingertips!

It's managed to turn a full blown migraine into a dull throbbing ache ;)

One thing about the proof of relationship, does this include emails and facebook messages? We did talk regularly on the phone but we've had to put an end to that as my fiancé ended up with an $800 cell bill :o

Edited by celticstar

Facebook

Thanks Bernie!

It's the getting a good idea of the process which is giving me regular headaches :lol:

I've done so many searches and found so much conflicting information that I was getting really overwhelmed with it all :huh:

Thank God for this website is all I can say! It's brilliant having all the topics I wanted to ask questions about right here at my fingertips!

It's managed to turn a full blown migraine into a dull throbbing ache ;)

One thing about the proof of relationship, does this include emails and facebook messages? We did talk regularly on the phone but we've had to put an end to that as my fiancé ended up with an $800 cell bill :o

Sure - when you eventually get to the interview stage, emails, chat logs, etc.. are all good. Sometimes they are requested and sometimes not!!! but its always good to be prepared.

Some people save and print them all, others print a few from each week of each month. The idea is to provide a consistent means of communication during the relationship.

I'd default you here to others who have gone through the consulate in the beneficiaries counrty. It varies alot as to how much some consulates "expect" to see. It also varies by Consular Officer - so my personal opinion is to always be prepared with more than the "minimum". Its ok to have more than "required".

We rarely talked on the tele, we prefered to use chat and web cam or email.

The good news is your already looking into what it takes to go through this! There are alot of really awesome folks here who will help out along the way too if you get stuck or have questions.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

Thanks again Bernie, I have to admit to getting quite down about what seemed to be involved but after reading a lot of links and guides on here (I've spent most of my day going through everything) I'm feeling a lot happier about everything!

It's only a little mole hill now instead of a mountain :lol:

Facebook