7 posts in this topic

Just to clarify, is the biometrics appointment just to take fingerprints and prove ID, and it really isn't an 'interview'? The letter only said to bring the letter and an ID (passport/visa), I want to make sure I'm not expected to bring anything else such as marriage certificate, proof of address, SS card, birth certificate, pictures, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband had his biometrics appointment yesterday and he said it was the easiest part so far of this process. All he took with him was his passport and the appointment letter. He was in and out in about 15 minutes. They are just there to take the fingerprints and photos of you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just to clarify, is the biometrics appointment just to take fingerprints and prove ID, and it really isn't an 'interview'? The letter only said to bring the letter and an ID (passport/visa), I want to make sure I'm not expected to bring anything else such as marriage certificate, proof of address, SS card, birth certificate, pictures, etc.

Digital fingerprints and digital photo. Be sure to bring "letter only said to bring the letter and an ID (passport/visa"

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do recommend if you are the female and have changed your name that you bring some ID in your new name. If you dont have any, bring your marriage cert. They sent me back to get mine as I have no ID in my new name yet, but they need proof of your legal name change.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I do recommend if you are the female and have changed your name that you bring some ID in your new name. If you dont have any, bring your marriage cert. They sent me back to get mine as I have no ID in my new name yet, but they need proof of your legal name change.

Right. :thumbs:

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I went to the local USCIS office and had my fingerprints taken, I did not bring anything else but my passport, and, in case, Driver's Licence. Oh, and the Notice (a must). The letter specifically said 'Do not bring anyone else in case the waiting area could get crowded, unless an translator must accompany you.' My wife didn't go with me, of course.

Like someone pointed out above, it is one of the easiest parts of the process so far. I went in, (nobody was before me), presented my passport, filled out a form, had my fingerprints taken DIGITALLY and that was it. Literally, it took about 10 minutes in total. Cheers.

Yes! I am approved!!! :)

It took only two (2) months to be approved. Hooray!

Timeline

December 5, 2009 - I-485 application was submitted.

January 12, 2010 - I-485 application was re-submitted due to address error.

January 20, 2010 - I-485 application receipt notice arrived.

January 25, 2010 - Biometrics notice arrived.

February 9, 2010 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

March 5, 2010 - Initial Interview notice arrived.

April 15, 2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived out of blue.

April 29, 2010 - Initial Interview scheduled and... APPROVED!!! :) Conditional GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

April 30, 2010 - SSN reactivated. Newly printed card will arrive in 3-5 days.

May 7, 2010 - Welcome Notice arrived! Hooray! :)

May 8, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN card arrived.

May 26, 2010 - Conditional GC issued.

June 1, 2010 - Conditional GC ARRIVED! Yippee! :)

June 2, 2010 - SSN upgraded. Newly printed card will arrive in a week.

June 9, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN arrived.

October 10, 2011 - I-751 petition was submitted.

October 18, 2011 - I-751 petition was returned. It turned out to be USCIS's error sending it back to me.

October 19, 2011 - I-751 petition was re-submitted.

October 26, 2011 - I-751 petition receipt notice arrived.

November 18, 2011 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

December 27, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter was issued.

December 28, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter arrived

December 29, 2011 - GC was issued.

December 30, 2011 - GC arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.