ursy

WHIRLWIND APPROVALS

81 posts in this topic

Didn't we used to have a smiley holding a sign that read, "don't feed the trolls?" Maybe I'm missing it, or maybe I just saw it somewhere else.

:ot2:

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
HI GUYS

I STARTED THE THREAD BECAUSE , I JUST HANG OUT HERE EVERYDAY. I AM JUST LIKE MOST VJ'S . I CAN'T WAIT TO GET APPROVED. I JUST MAILED MY I-129 IN JULY AND I JUST GOT THE CSC JITTERS BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE AT LEAST A 2MONTH WAIT. I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO READ THE REPLIES OF PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY WANT TO INSULT OTHERS OR THE AMERICAN PROCESS. BY THE WAY , I AM FEMALE SO I DEFINITELY AM NOT TRYING TO IMPORT A WIFE OR A HUSBAND. (JUST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE)

SO LET'S TRY TO BE NICE OR AT LEAST RESPECTFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Hi Ursy

Yes, sometimes there are denials. There are denials of the petition, the majority of which are for not having actually met in the last 2 years.

After the petition is approved there is an interview. Some applicants for a visa are found to be inelligible and outright "denied" at the interview and given an opportunity to appeal, while others are suspected of or discovered as fraud and "refused" while their approved petitions are referred back to the service center with recommendations to revoke. There have been a couple of those cases recently. Still others are neither approved nor denied exactly, but must wait an unspecified amount of time for security checks to be completed before they can return to the embassy for the visa. There are plenty of Vjer's waiting for those.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Jaci

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Asante,

If I were rich I would not have had my most wonderful fiancee tell me to forego her engagement ring since my washer and dryer konked out and for me to spend the money on appliances! Don't think I won't move heaven and earth to make it up to her, cuz I most certainly will! You see, it is not the country you come from, it is what is in your heart, your mind, your soul which really matters. Am I rich? You bet I am. My coffers are overflowing with the love of the greatest woman I have ever known. That is my wealth.

The fact that my true love found ME here in the US (and she lives in China) is a contradiction to your thesis, wouldn't you say?

I feel sorry for you. If I needed to build a raft to row over to China to get to my Rong, I would. I am thinking that perhaps you do not truly understand what love really is...

BTW, over 90% of Americans are two paychecks away from being out on the street. Just thought you'd like to know how we "rich" Americans live.

Now, CONGRATULATIONS to ALL who have received their NOA2 today! I am overjoyed to be able to wish these wonderful people well. Heaven knows we have all had a very rough ride during this time of IMBRA and that any applications are being approved is a miracle!

Whew!

-------------------------------

ticker.png

02/25/2006 Met Rong in person in Shenzhen, China

03/25/2006 Sent I-129F package to NSC

04/04/2006 Touched - received NOA1

07/03/2006 Touched - received RFE - IMBRA form

08/12/2006 Received NOA2 letter in the mail today!!

08/30/2006 NVC received case and assigned case number

09/07/2006 NVC sent case to China - Guangzhou Consulate

12/03/2006 Rong received P3 package!!!

01/11/2007 Rong received P4 and official interview date (soon, very soon!)

02/08/2007 Scheduled date for Rong's interview at Guangzhou Consulate

02/08/2007 Interview went smoothly

02/26/2007 Rong entered the USA via Chicago

03/16/2007 Rong and Steve are married!!

03/30/2007 Applied for AOS and EAD.

06/10/2007 Received RFE - I693A required

07/25/2007 Sent completed I693A back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
If you like Americans so much, why go outside? I thought the slogan was BUY AMERICAN?

I dont hate anyone, I just want us all to have an open mind..too much consensus on this board about everything.

If one person gets approved, there are 30 CONGRATULATIONS. Is that not boring?

if congratulations are boring to you then don't freakin' read about it!!! geez... and about "buying american, being rich and importing a spouse" - don't get me started freak, cuz i will wail on you to no end!!! I did not choose to fall in love w/ a foreigner, but I did. And let me just tell you, he is one heckuva stand up person compared to the "american" man (*boy*) I was married to who was a compulsive liar and lazy azz mutha! get outta here and stay outta here if you don't like us "rich" folk buying up foreign spouses! :lol: Just for the record, I'm not rich, I live paycheck to paycheck, am self employed and have debt like most everyone else. I just work damn hard to stay on top of it! So, boo!!!! :wacko:

Asante,

If I were rich I would not have had my most wonderful fiancee tell me to forego her engagement ring since my washer and dryer konked out and for me to spend the money on appliances! Don't think I won't move heaven and earth to make it up to her, cuz I most certainly will! You see, it is not the country you come from, it is what is in your heart, your mind, your soul which really matters. Am I rich? You bet I am. My coffers are overflowing with the love of the greatest woman I have ever known. That is my wealth.

The fact that my true love found ME here in the US (and she lives in China) is a contradiction to your thesis, wouldn't you say?

I feel sorry for you. If I needed to build a raft to row over to China to get to my Rong, I would. I am thinking that perhaps you do not truly understand what love really is...

BTW, over 90% of Americans are two paychecks away from being out on the street. Just thought you'd like to know how we "rich" Americans live.

Now, CONGRATULATIONS to ALL who have received their NOA2 today! I am overjoyed to be able to wish these wonderful people well. Heaven knows we have all had a very rough ride during this time of IMBRA and that any applications are being approved is a miracle!

Whew!

Thank you for wording things so much nicer than I did :whistle:;)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

please people, promise me you will congratulate me 30+ times when i get approved, i know i wont find that boring

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

July 17/06.............. Check was cashed

July 18/06.............. Thx God we got our NOA1 from CSC

Sep 20/06............... Thx God! NOA2 date

Sep 21/06............... touched; got 5 approval emails! thank you Lord!

Sep 26/06............... mon amour got NOA2

Oct 18/06............... My baby got the letter from NVC

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Nov 01/06............... Medical @ 8am

Dec 14/06............... My baby got packet 4

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 22/07............... VISA APPROVED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

Apr 27/07............... Married my one and only at 10;30am

Jul 06/07............... Finally mailed away AOS

Jul 19/07............... Check was cashed

Jul 21/07............... Thanks God we received NOA1

Jul 24/07............... Thanks God we received Biometrics letter

Ag 17/07............... Biometrics @ 12

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

Timeline

If you like Americans so much, why go outside? I thought the slogan was BUY AMERICAN?

I dont hate anyone, I just want us all to have an open mind..too much consensus on this board about everything.

if congratulations are boring to you then don't freakin' read about it!!! geez... and about "buying american, being rich and importing a spouse" - don't get me started freak, cuz i will wail on you to no end!!! I did not choose to fall in love w/ a foreigner, but I did. And let me just tell you, he is one heckuva stand up person compared to the "american" man (*boy*) I was married to who was a compulsive liar and lazy azz mutha! get outta here and stay outta here if you don't like us "rich" folk buying up foreign spouses! :lol: Just for the record, I'm not rich, I live paycheck to paycheck, am self employed and have debt like most everyone else. I just work damn hard to stay on top of it! So, boo!!!! :wacko:

Asante,

Whew!

Thank you for wording things so much nicer than I did :whistle:;)

S'alright! Anytime :P

ticker.png

please people, promise me you will congratulate me 30+ times when i get approved, i know i wont find that boring

Same here! :D

8/10/08:

---seperated---

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

Timeline

You guys+gals really make me laugh. :P:D:lol::luv::thumbs::no:

lets have fun. I know you all like your foreign buys, but please watch that they are really into you as opposed to just coming to America. Thats my point in a nutshell.

About this congratulations stuff, I suggest we have a smiley/button that will say 'congratulations' and everyone can just add their name instead of scrolling through 3 pages of congratulations repetitions, people who dont even know each other.

No wonder my pages on this site take so long to open!

lets have fun. I know you all like your foreign buys, but please watch that they are really into you as opposed to just coming to America. Thats my point in a nutshell.

Definately a troll that needs ignoring, ya'll... don't feed it. ;)

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Timeline

Hold the phone, Asante. Let me look at this a little more closely. This is the VJ website for those who are traveling down the visa lane. By your being a member of this site, you, by association, are either a "buyer" or a "seller" using your term and adding to it. Which is it?

:lol: Hmmm....it looks like a case of "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" to me!

Methinks thou dost protest too much!

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

About this congratulations stuff, I suggest we have a smiley/button that will say 'congratulations' and everyone can just add their name instead of scrolling through 3 pages of congratulations repetitions, people who dont even know each other.

No wonder my pages on this site take so long to open!

Why are you on VJ? Did you come from another country or did you petition for someone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

By consensus if you mean civilized, supportive, non sexist people, then yes, that is a majority of us boring folks. If you want cheap thrills, it is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Or better yet, you can also take a few moments to fill out your timeline. Have at it Mr. Excitement.

It is refreshing having a network of support, as it has been said a million times that others just do not understand this harrowing process. So a few 'congrats' after 6+ months of emotional turmoil is valid and welcomed to most.

Edited by MN&UK

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We don't seem to be your cup of tea. There are other boards and forums I hope you can enjoy better. Good wishes to you.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We're as far from rich as it can get. :P Both of us joining our little assets to try and pay the bills at the end of the month.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.